2012 Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/10/14

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

I realize it's Saturday, well Sunday now, but all is entirely too quiet here.

How about some additional notes from those that purchased in January?
It's summer.
You ~have~ been drinking this, right?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

Here's my notes from that sale.
1/9/2014: I picked this bottle up from the Fedex office near my house this afternoon and then put it into the fridge to head out for the evening.
After returning from dinner and putting my 1 1/2 year old little boy to bed (mr toots as I call him) my wife and I cracked open the bottle to spend some time taking a hard look and drink at this wine. By the way, I do love twist offs so bravo there.

I was initially struck by the color of the wine, the 1/4 glass I poured was a very pale pink but a full glass became nearly orange/red. I think this is due to the watery look of the wine. With more in the glass it looks much more concentrated. The wine is clear as it should be and is in my opinion a very pretty color.

The other aspect that struck me upon pouring a glass was the aroma. I smelled it from several feet away before even picking up the glass. The nose is initially slightly off-putting for a rose, I typically expect a blast of fruit but this was initially very peppery, think green pepper not bell pepper if that makes any sense. The red fruits I could pick out were cranberry and then strawberry, the real term for the nose is probably very heavy on red fruits but I thought the cranberry note was pretty pervasive.

The wine is dry, it has a slight sweetness to it but I wouldn't put it out of the dry category. It feels like a light/medium white wine on the tongue. It opens very light but the noticeable soft tannins on the finish pull it into feeling a little heavier. Of course it is a rose of Cab so it makes sense that it would be slightly heavier than your typical rose of pinot or grenache. The palate has none of the green pepper and nice heavy dose of red fruits, with a bit more of the strawberry now. It has a fairly long and lingering finish especially for a rose and the flavor takes a good 10 seconds to fully leave your mouth.

I recommend this wine completely if you like a more interesting rose than your typical big fresh off the press fruity red fruit bomb. I sadly did not try it with food and I think it would hold well as it had good acidity, but thoroughly enjoyed it as a sipper this evening. If you are looking for comparisons I would personally rank this as not quite as good as the WC pinkie swear but definitely a step up from the El Dorado rose of grenache and the Menlo rose of something or other.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

Haven't had the Rosé but have enjoyed their "White Elephant" blend as well as their "Red Dirt Red". This seems like great QPR @ $10/bottle + tax/shipping.

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
cortot20 wrote:Here's my notes from that sale.
1/9/2014: I picked this bottle up from the Fedex office near my house this afternoon and then put it into the fridge to head out for the evening.
After returning from dinner and putting my 1 1/2 year old little boy to bed (mr toots as I call him) my wife and I cracked open the bottle to spend some time taking a hard look and drink at this wine. By the way, I do love twist offs so bravo there.

I was initially struck by the color of the wine, the 1/4 glass I poured was a very pale pink but a full glass became nearly orange/red. I think this is due to the watery look of the wine. With more in the glass it looks much more concentrated. The wine is clear as it should be and is in my opinion a very pretty color.

The other aspect that struck me upon pouring a glass was the aroma. I smelled it from several feet away before even picking up the glass. The nose is initially slightly off-putting for a rose, I typically expect a blast of fruit but this was initially very peppery, think green pepper not bell pepper if that makes any sense. The red fruits I could pick out were cranberry and then strawberry, the real term for the nose is probably very heavy on red fruits but I thought the cranberry note was pretty pervasive.

The wine is dry, it has a slight sweetness to it but I wouldn't put it out of the dry category. It feels like a light/medium white wine on the tongue. It opens very light but the noticeable soft tannins on the finish pull it into feeling a little heavier. Of course it is a rose of Cab so it makes sense that it would be slightly heavier than your typical rose of pinot or grenache. The palate has none of the green pepper and nice heavy dose of red fruits, with a bit more of the strawberry now. It has a fairly long and lingering finish especially for a rose and the flavor takes a good 10 seconds to fully leave your mouth.

I recommend this wine completely if you like a more interesting rose than your typical big fresh off the press fruity red fruit bomb. I sadly did not try it with food and I think it would hold well as it had good acidity, but thoroughly enjoyed it as a sipper this evening. If you are looking for comparisons I would personally rank this as not quite as good as the WC pinkie swear but definitely a step up from the El Dorado rose of grenache and the Menlo rose of something or other.

Appreciate the notes and its quite tempting,but just bot pinkie and not much participation today,so will have to think about it