2011 JanKris Riatta, Paso Robles
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/8/14

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5

Anyone get to try this from last round? I know it usually takes wine closer to a month to get to me.... so I assume there's a lot of people who haven't been able to try it yet.

It sounds like the company may have sold a bad batch (possibly corked) a few years ago which brought some bad reviews. Should be better now...?

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
jcassens5 wrote:Anyone get to try this from last round? I know it usually takes wine closer to a month to get to me.... so I assume there's a lot of people who haven't been able to try it yet.

It sounds like the company may have sold a bad batch (possibly corked) a few years ago which brought some bad reviews. Should be better now...?

I think the bad batch may have been a different wine -- but I'm not sure about that. I got the Picaro a while back, and while I didn't love it the way my friends did, it wasn't horrible or corked or anything like that.

So I did buy this offer on the 8th, and it arrived yesterday. I haven't tried it, unfortunately for the purposes of today's sale. I would love to be able to provide some notes. Also, considering that the price is right in the wheelhouse of what my work friends like to order with me, I would buy again if any of them gave me the green light. But I don't think they've had the chance to try it yet either.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

I am in for 1. Worth a shot, at the price it will either be solid QPR or filler for a party, neither would be a let down.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

No lab rats??? a little help here, looks inviting, but need a little help here.

BTW got a RBW, BMR going on tonight, with a filet and home fries going on tonight, some really good food and wine tonight.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:No lab rats??? a little help here, looks inviting, but need a little help here.

BTW got a RBW, BMR going on tonight, with a filet and home fries going on tonight, some really good food and wine tonight.

oops, old thread

CT