2009 Roessler Pinot Noir, Griffin’s Lair, Sonoma Coast
2009 Roessler Pinot Noir Savoy, Anderson Valley
2009 Roessler Pinot Noir, Clos Pepe, Sta. Rita Hills
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

$hit just got real. I have resisted great offer after great offer over the last two weeks. But I love these wines and I'll have to not check back here the rest of the day.

CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 211 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

cortot20 wrote:$hit just got real. I have resisted great offer after great offer over the last two weeks. But I love these wines and I'll have to not check back here the rest of the day.

BOOH YA !!

or dare i say WOOT!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I thought the Roessler label died with the sale. . .

This is a sick deal. WD is hammering at us.

For anyone who's wondering, these fruit sources are so awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:$hit just got real. I have resisted great offer after great offer over the last two weeks. But I love these wines and I'll have to not check back here the rest of the day.

WD has really been on his game lately! I've been trying not to buy but have still gone in on 5 deals over the last month and there are another 10 deals I really wanted to go in on but somehow found the strength to pass.

If this deal was for 3 of the Anderson Valley Pinots I'd already be in. Still, going to kick this around overnight... this smells like a one-time opportunity.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

So who is selling this - the Roesslers or Hall? Who made this - Roessler's winemaker (was his name Scott Shapley?) or somebody else? Are we going to see original Roessler wines back here again - or maybe on Tour?!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
klezman wrote:So who is selling this - the Roesslers or Hall? Who made this - Roessler's winemaker (was his name Scott Shapley?) or somebody else? Are we going to see original Roessler wines back here again - or maybe on Tour?!

I am wondering this also, if Shapley I am in for 3, np.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
chipgreen wrote:WD has really been on his game lately! I've been trying not to buy but have still gone in on 5 deals over the last month and there are another 10 deals I really wanted to go in on but somehow found the strength to pass.

If this deal was for 3 of the Anderson Valley Pinots I'd already be in. Still, going to kick this around overnight... this smells like a one-time opportunity.

Why no tasting notes on the Anderson Valley?

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:So who is selling this - the Roesslers or Hall? Who made this - Roessler's winemaker (was his name Scott Shapley?) or somebody else? Are we going to see original Roessler wines back here again - or maybe on Tour?!

I was there in the fall of 2010 to taste through the full line up. They had just been sold if I recall so these would have been crafted by Scott but probably just not bottled yet. These would probably be the last vintage or 2nd to last that the OG folks were involved with.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

I don't usually buy PN, but couldn't resist this offer. (Blank) you WD, especially with the RPM tour just around the corner.
Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson
Last Purchase:a minute ago

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Too bad wine.woot/Amazon interpret New Mexico allowing 2 cases per month of shipped wine per month as "stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators" blocking wine orders. Otherwise I'd love to buy.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Sorry if this has been previously asked but it you order a woot wine selection and a woot plus wine selection, is one shipping imposed or a separate charge on each offer?

kylemittskus

McMalbec wrote:Sorry if this has been previously asked but it you order a woot wine selection and a woot plus wine selection, is one shipping imposed or a separate charge on each offer?

Add both to cart, check out, and report back.

kylemittskus

gcdyersb wrote:Too bad wine.woot/Amazon interpret New Mexico allowing 2 cases per month of shipped wine per month as "stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators" blocking wine orders. Otherwise I'd love to buy.

Good to see your face around here.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

A Wine Spectator article from October 2010 stated that Shapley would consult on the 2010 vintage. This, and the timing of the sale, imply that 2009 is all Scott's.

jveauthier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jveauthier

Me too (in reference to NM not being able to receive woot wine) - I love the Roessler wines, anyone know if they are willing to offer the woot deal separately to us outcast wine wooters!

onebassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onebassplayer

Yeesh! In for 1. Just got the "you ordered MORE wine?!" question from the wife last night. Oh boy :S

ngeismar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngeismar

Can these be held until the weather is more accommodating for shipping wine? It's much too hot now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ngeismar wrote:Can these be held until the weather is more accommodating for shipping wine? It's much too hot now.

No but WD & company take great care in shipping wines in the summer. You can read more about it here.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

cortot20 wrote:$hit just got real.

Indeed. Griffin's Lair... Tasty $tuff.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

McMalbec wrote:Sorry if this has been previously asked but it you order a woot wine selection and a woot plus wine selection, is one shipping imposed or a separate charge on each offer?

"Standard" shipping fees are on a per-order basis...order as much as you want for a flat-rate ship charge.

"Expedited" shipping fees are on a per-item basis...items selected with expedited shipping will be charged individually.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Pondering a rather difficult conundrum today, order two Rossler 3-packs, or one Rossler 3-pack and a 1998 Monticello Vineyards Jefferson Cuvée 3-pack???

So much for my SIWBMO.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
ThunderThighs wrote:No but WD & company take great care in shipping wines in the summer. You can read more about it here.

Can those going on the RPM tour get theirs' after the trip (i.e. August 7th)? I am hoping shipping would not be while we are gone.

exlaxer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages exlaxer
chipgreen wrote:WD has really been on his game lately! I've been trying not to buy but have still gone in on 5 deals over the last month and there are another 10 deals I really wanted to go in on but somehow found the strength to pass.

Likewise. Afraid I'm caving...

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Damn you enablers, in for one

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Damn. Was resisting all day. And finally decided to go for it. Last of the original winemaker. And no shipping to CT.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ccrida

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ccrida

I'm barely wine wooting more then twice a year these days but this was a no-brainer!

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
kylemittskus wrote:Add both to cart, check out, and report back.

Bad day?

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Fine. So much for SIWBM.

Roessler Single Vineyard Pinot Noir (3)

Speed to First Woot:
18m 17.884s

First Sucker:
hoffpeople

Last Wooter to Woot:
time2testit

Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I know TT addressed this, but to make it perfectly clear, if you order a woot wine selection and a woot plus wine selection, you'll pay one (summer) shipping charge, unless you specify different handling on the two shipments.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:Fine. So much for SIWBM.

Not to mention this covers me and Ron as well...sigh...where are we going to put all this stuff??

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Not to mention this covers me and Ron as well...sigh...where are we going to put all this stuff??

Dunno, 'cepting all I got to do is pay someone, and there will be ~somewhere~ in LA three bottles when I need them.
Distributed warehousing.

CT

kylemittskus

kaolis wrote:Bad day?

No; I didn't mean it to come off like that at all. Sorry McMalbec. I was trying to enable, not be a D.

c55la

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c55la
onebassplayer wrote:Yeesh! In for 1. Just got the "you ordered MORE wine?!" question from the wife last night. Oh boy :S

I just order 3, I need to find places to hide them

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
kylemittskus wrote:No; I didn't mean it to come off like that at all. Sorry McMalbec. I was trying to enable, not be a D.

Enabling even worse than being a D...ha!

Cheers!

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar
ccrida wrote:I'm barely wine wooting more then twice a year these days but this was a no-brainer!

Same here. Woot went down hill some time ago but every now and then there is something solid, such as this. Sad too, I really love to Woot.