2009 Ocean Reserve Sparkling, Blanc de Blancs
2011 Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvée
2009 Brut X
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

siwbm

quality posts: 5 Private Messages siwbm

Uh oh again!

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

WD is killing us, and just before the tour!

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

I LOVE all of these! There's not a bad one in the bunch. Auto buy if you like sparkling wines.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

SIWBM 2.5 months and going strong. And this offer of three bottles of excellent sparkling wine ain't gonna do it. It's going to take something mightier to break it. Nice try WD!!!!!

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

You see what's happening here right?

sdfreedive

quality posts: 25 Private Messages sdfreedive

Oh that ocean reserve is great! Wife seriously loves it.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady

Seems like a great a summer drink.

kdloeffler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kdloeffler

Normally an Autobuy here...but the we just bought the Pedroncelli Zin (18 bottles per my wife's orders), and then the Coordinates...now this??? Killing me this month Woot...Killing me!! Gotta skip this one...wine budget is near broke for the month.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Don't think I've been able to say this about a mixed order before, but we've had all of these, and they're all wonderful sparklers. Iron Horse is our house pour with appetizers whenever we have dinner company, always with rave reviews. At better than wine club prices, this is a definite autobuy for anyone who can find room.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
ddeuddeg wrote: Iron Horse is our house pour with appetizers whenever we have dinner company, always with rave reviews.

Nice!!! Now sit back & wait for PMs from everybody on the board begging to be invited to your next dinner party. Starting with me!

ddeuddeg

spammie wrote:Nice!!! Now sit back & wait for PMs from everybody on the board begging to be invited to your next dinner party. Starting with me!

Find your way to Buffalo, and you'll be welcomed with open arms, the way we treat all fellow wooters.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rpm

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rpm

Autobuy to the limit of your purse and capacity. Hell, find the money, find the room: you won't need the room that long because you'll love it and drink it!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rpm
cortot20 wrote:SIWBM 2.5 months and going strong. And this offer of three bottles of excellent sparkling wine ain't gonna do it. It's going to take something mightier to break it. Nice try WD!!!!!

You expecting 2005 Corison Kronos for $35 a bottle?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
rpm wrote:You expecting 2005 Corison Kronos for $35 a bottle?

We'd all be in for the max

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:We'd all be in for the max

plus gifting, plus opening new accounts

joyironhorse

quality posts: 50 Private Messages joyironhorse

Good Morning from Green Valley! Just want to say how excited we are to welcome back the RPM Tour next month. We are planning a delicious tasting and dinner in my parents' garden. These three bubblies will certainly get you in the mood!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

About the same price point as the IH deal on RLL that WD had up a couple months back, though some different bottles. Of course, I'm sure wine.woot has much better sales numbers, and doesn't charge me tax, and is cheaper shipping.

joyironhorse

ddeuddeg wrote:Don't think I've been able to say this about a mixed order before, but we've had all of these, and they're all wonderful sparklers. Iron Horse is our house pour with appetizers whenever we have dinner company, always with rave reviews. At better than wine club prices, this is a definite autobuy for anyone who can find room.

Very proud that Iron Horse is your house pour. Thank you!

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
joelsisk wrote:Of course, I'm sure wine.woot has much better sales numbers, and doesn't charge me tax, and is cheaper shipping.

Welcome back! Or, can you let me in on how you get the no sales tax like it used to be?

Wish I could afford this.

davidironhorse

quality posts: 13 Private Messages davidironhorse
rpm wrote:Autobuy to the limit of your purse and capacity. Hell, find the money, find the room: you won't need the room that long because you'll love it and drink it!

David Munksgard
Iron Horse Winemaker here.
Thanks for all your kind comments. Right now we a busy putting the 2013 vintage cuvees into bottle for their bottle fermentation. The cellar is brimming with fruity and yeasty scents. Wish I could capture that in a POST.

ddeuddeg

keithnowak7 wrote:Welcome back! Or, can you let me in on how you get the no sales tax like it used to be?

Actually, it wasn't that there was no sales tax; it was just built into the price, instead of being shown separately. You might as well wish for another wine glut that gave rise to the ridiculously good deals 6 years ago, that made today's decent deals seem not so good. I still love the opportunity to get fabulous wine like today's offer, at a very nice price point, especially since I can't get it locally at any price.

benguin986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benguin986

We really have loved our IH from WineWoot. Now if we could only get out west for a visit to the vineyard...

Hopefully these will ship out soon, we'd love to have them to take along on vacation!

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
joyironhorse wrote:Good Morning from Green Valley! Just want to say how excited we are to welcome back the RPM Tour next month. We are planning a delicious tasting and dinner in my parents' garden. These three bubblies will certainly get you in the mood!

Welcome back, can't wait to see you next month! Curious as to what you and/or David think about cellaring potential for the Brut X?

cortot20

rpm wrote:You expecting 2005 Corison Kronos for $35 a bottle?

I am what you would call an opportunistic buyer. ;)

CT

rjquillin

joyironhorse wrote:Good Morning from Green Valley! Just want to say how excited we are to welcome back the RPM Tour next month. We are planning a delicious tasting and dinner in my parents' garden. These three bubblies will certainly get you in the mood!

Joy,
We absolutely cannot wait to see you. The 2012 supper was clearly a culinary delight...

And now the tourists watching the dailies know at least one venue on the tour we'd not want to miss.

Thank you and your parents for hosting us yet again.

CT

cortot20

Joy, I'm curious about when these were disgorged?

Edit:
Never mind, I saw it in the specs after posting. May 2014.

CT

davidironhorse

quality posts: 13 Private Messages davidironhorse
chipgreen wrote:Welcome back, can't wait to see you next month! Curious as to what you and/or David think about cellaring potential for the Brut X?

David Munksgard here & happy to toss in my opinion. How well a wine ages is to a great extent due to the wines pH. The lower the pH, the better it will age. Our Green Valley climate gives us wines of very low pH values. Our bubblies age great. Easy 6-8 years from now in a proper cellar. Now, how one holds out that long is another story.

joyironhorse

chipgreen wrote:Welcome back, can't wait to see you next month! Curious as to what you and/or David think about cellaring potential for the Brut X?

Great question! I love the way our bubblies age. They become richer and rounder and gain in nuttiness. I say two years from now (that is, after disgorging) without any questions. Thereafter, it depends of course on how they are stored, but in your cellar, I'd say five years ... easy. Maybe even ten.

joyironhorse

rjquillin wrote:Joy,
We absolutely cannot wait to see you. The 2012 supper was clearly a culinary delight...

And now the tourists watching the dailies know at least one venue on the tour we'd not want to miss.

Thank you and your parents for hosting us yet again.

Our pleasure!

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, it wasn't that there was no sales tax; it was just built into the price, instead of being shown separately. You might as well wish for another wine glut that gave rise to the ridiculously good deals 6 years ago, that made today's decent deals seem not so good. I still love the opportunity to get fabulous wine like today's offer, at a very nice price point, especially since I can't get it locally at any price.

I am well aware it was built into the price. I was more addressing the post that I quoted that implied woot doesn't now (or ever did) charge sales tax.

joyironhorse

Hey ... did you see that we have a new website? www.ironhorsevineyards.com
I'd love to hear what you think.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

keithnowak7 wrote:I am well aware it was built into the price. I was more addressing the post that I quoted that implied woot doesn't now (or ever did) charge sales tax.

Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IN, KS, KY, MA, NC, ND, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, and WV.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IN, KS, KY, MA, NC, ND, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, and WV.

Which explains Joel's comment, being from Colorado.

But we get taxed here in Ohio and are not on that list...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Oh, how I wish I could be purchasing the max of this!!! I have a feeling that if I did.... all would not be well in my house!!!
I have had 2 out of the 3 listed... which makes not buying even harder!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Iron Horse and am still really upset I won't be on the RPM tour!!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
joyironhorse wrote:Great question! I love the way our bubblies age. They become richer and rounder and gain in nuttiness. I say two years from now (that is, after disgorging) without any questions. Thereafter, it depends of course on how they are stored, but in your cellar, I'd say five years ... easy. Maybe even ten.

On 1/1/12 we drank a bottle of 1999 Iron Horse Vineyards Russian Cuvée. It was by no means dead, and some did enjoy it. I discovered I'm not fond of the aged yeastiness though. We also had a 1998 bottle about a year and a half ago that chipgreen and ddeuddeg quite enjoyed.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

davidironhorse wrote:David Munksgard here & happy to toss in my opinion. How well a wine ages is to a great extent due to the wines pH. The lower the pH, the better it will age. Our Green Valley climate gives us wines of very low pH values. Our bubblies age great. Easy 6-8 years from now in a proper cellar. Now, how one holds out that long is another story.

Speaking of holding out, you going to be be around for the tour and some of the Tut that's coming up?

CT

ddeuddeg

davidironhorse wrote:David Munksgard here & happy to toss in my opinion. How well a wine ages is to a great extent due to the wines pH. The lower the pH, the better it will age. Our Green Valley climate gives us wines of very low pH values. Our bubblies age great. Easy 6-8 years from now in a proper cellar. Now, how one holds out that long is another story.

Sometimes one holds out for inexplicable reasons, I suppose. I'm quite sure I've told Joy this story, but I doubt you've heard it. I picked up a bottle of 1991 Wedding Cuvée somewhere while I was on a bus trip in the mid-90's and took it home, where it sat in a closet in my second floor apartment for a number of years, where the temperature regularly climbed into the 90's while I was away for the summer. Then it sat around for more years, at least not being subjected to such temperature extremes, until we finally decided to drink it and see if it was still any good. That would have been shortly before the 2008 rpm tour. It was nothing short of sublime, not even taking into account the age and bad handling it had been given. Obviously, I'm not recommending holding onto these that long, and certainly not abusing them that way, but it illustrates the aging potential for a well-made wine such as yours.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
benguin986 wrote:We really have loved our IH from WineWoot. Now if we could only get out west for a visit to the vineyard...

I highly recommend a visit to Iron Horse not only for the wine, but for the absolutely gorgeous setting. It is really worth the effort, imho.