2009 Chateau Bianca Pinot Gris
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
6/24/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet
Cesare wrote:Chateau Bianca Summer Whites Case
$99.99 $172.00 42% off List Price
2009 Chateau Bianca Estate Pinot Blanc
2009 Chateau Bianca Pinot Gris
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
6/24/13

Any input from someone that actually bought these last time would be MOST appreciated!

philgonet

Oh, and BTW... what is the expected shipping date on these. I would have to ship them to one of my kids, but don't want them spending a long weekend on their 90 degree porch while they are out of town...

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

OK, these are 2009 vintage. Since the PB is fermented in stainless, I'd have to think the date is pushing past optimal?

Any tasting notes out there, please?

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
philgonet wrote:Oh, and BTW... what is the expected shipping date on these. I would have to ship them to one of my kids, but don't want them spending a long weekend on their 90 degree porch while they are out of town...

Alcohol (wine) is NOT delivered without an adult signature; how is it then possible it could spend a weekend on a porch unless your kids are total party fouls?

CT

pnonor

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pnonor
philgonet wrote:Oh, and BTW... what is the expected shipping date on these. I would have to ship them to one of my kids, but don't want them spending a long weekend on their 90 degree porch while they are out of town...

Hi Phil,
This is Andreas with the winery. Once we get your order the wines will be shipped shortly thereafter by FedEx. If you want to receive them on a certain date let us know and we can hold them to arrive in a certain time frame. Just let us know at customer service@chateaubianca.com

pnonor

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pnonor
confusedemmy wrote:OK, these are 2009 vintage. Since the PB is fermented in stainless, I'd have to think the date is pushing past optimal?

Any tasting notes out there, please?

Hi, this is Andreas from the winery. Both of these wines were made in stainless steel. We are currently selling both in our tasting rooms and they are still showing very well. The trick is to pick them with the right ph at harvest which helps longevity.
The tasting notes on the wines on the main page are pretty accurate though I would say that the Pinot Blanc does have some nice softness to it and doesn't overwhelm on the dry side. Between the two I would say the Pinot Gris has a richer mouthfeel but that is pretty true between the two grape varieties.

philgonet

rjquillin wrote:Alcohol (wine) is NOT delivered without an adult signature; how is it then possible it could spend a weekend on a porch unless your kids are total party fouls?

Since I live in Alabama "Alcohol (wine) is NOT delivered" PERIOD . I didn't realize a signature was required. How does that work for those that have jobs during the day?
I was thinking of having this sent to one of my kids in a neighboring state, but obviously missed that window of opportunity.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

philgonet wrote:Since I live in Alabama "Alcohol (wine) is NOT delivered" PERIOD . I didn't realize a signature was required. How does that work for those that have jobs during the day?
I was thinking of having this sent to one of my kids in a neighboring state, but obviously missed that window of opportunity.

You should use a ship-to address where you know someone will be or send it to a local FedEx store.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

philgonet

ThunderThighs wrote:You should use a ship-to address where you know someone will be or send it to a local FedEx store.

OK, thanks for the info... I have put off ordering from WineWoot since I can't get it delivered to my house, but I guess I can maybe have it shipped to another address out of state if something really catches my fancy in the future. Just need to make sure I coordinate the delivery...