$94.99 $268.00 65% off List Price
2011 JanKris Crossfire, Paso Robles
2011 JanKris Riatta, Paso Robles
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday

Horribly I'm on the fence; I used to be right up for a deal like this, but at roughly $9/bottle, I'm suspicious. Anyone have experience of either?

EDIT TO ADD: also, anyone know why I now have what look like a yin yang dolphin safe tuna image near my avatar?

mcomb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcomb
greyday wrote:Horribly I'm on the fence; I used to be right up for a deal like this, but at roughly $9/bottle, I'm suspicious.

There was an offer from this winery a few years ago. Horrible. Only wine woot I've ever had that we never finished.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 43 Private Messages skispeakeasy
greyday wrote:
EDIT TO ADD: also, anyone know why I now have what look like a yin yang dolphin safe tuna image near my avatar?

Your clan is calling you: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5833038&pageindex=1&replycount=169

jbol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbol
mcomb wrote:There was an offer from this winery a few years ago. Horrible. Only wine woot I've ever had that we never finished.

I remember being disappointed as well

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

great deal here imo. yes, some history with this brand. but this is a price to move offer to be sure.

areaman714

quality posts: 3 Private Messages areaman714

Just commenting to see what the image attached to my avatar is . . .

areaman714

quality posts: 3 Private Messages areaman714
areaman714 wrote:Just commenting to see what the image attached to my avatar is . . .

What the hell is that?

peggyk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peggyk

I've gotten a few cases that were so bad, I'm truly gun shy.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 28 Private Messages sdfreedive
Winedavid39 wrote:great deal here imo. yes, some history with this brand. but this is a price to move offer to be sure.

Ouch. Come on winedavid! We know you can get us cheap wine, but what makes wine.woot so awesome is that the cheap wine is also really good.

kdloeffler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kdloeffler

After reading the comments I won't be in on this one. My wife did guilt me into 3 of the Pedroncelli's yesterday...after she brought up a Zin for dinner last night. Where am I going to put another 18 bottles of Zin???? Time to start grilling some good steaks I guess.

scotteik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scotteik
jbol wrote:I remember being disappointed as well

I really rely on my fellow wine wooters when I see a possible order for an everyday drinking (under $10) wine. Have to pass based on what I see. Besides, I already have 3 orders in play. Speaking of which, anyone see any movement on the Scott Harvey offering from June 20th. Tracking info says only thing done is information sent to FedEx about 2 weeks ago.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Hijack: Why do we have symbols next to our avatars and why are the posts multi-colored now?

SquallDA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SquallDA

I also look to the reviews of fellow wooters when buying wine and even though this looks like a decent deal, I will have to pass.

slephoto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slephoto

I'm surprised by all the negative comments, I've been a fan of JanKris for years and I snapped up a mixed case of these 2 blends, plus a 3rd blend and a straight Cab, a couple of years ago on WineWoot & just finished the last Cab recently and it was fine. I saw this & immediately thought of grabbing it.

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

If it wasn't for the mixed reviews and the fact that I have a case on the way already from yesterday, I would likely be in on this. I love Paso wines (and not just because that is where I proposed to my now wife). Alas, with a new house closing in 2 weeks this will be a pass.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

kevo152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevo152

I couldn't remember whether or not I liked this wine. Glad I checked the comments...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jmdavidson wrote:Hijack: Why do we have symbols next to our avatars and why are the posts multi-colored now?

Click on the pic in my signature and all will be revealed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
slephoto wrote:I'm surprised by all the negative comments, I've been a fan of JanKris for years and I snapped up a mixed case of these 2 blends, plus a 3rd blend and a straight Cab, a couple of years ago on WineWoot & just finished the last Cab recently and it was fine. I saw this & immediately thought of grabbing it.

I'm right there with you. My very first Wine.Woot purchase was a 2006 JanKris Mixed 5 pack in 2009, and we LOVED it!

http://wine.woot.com/offers/jankris-sampler-five-pack

I have 2 cases of California Karma on the way, but I can always leave a few in the box until my wife creates more room in the wine rack. ;-)

Unless their quality has gone way down since then I'm in for 1 possibly 2 cases this time. In regard to the people with bad experiences, how recent was your purchase?

1ltkls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 1ltkls

I'm a what? Are we making up for all the excellent wine lately w drek?

11/17/2006 RANDOM CRSorry, we're sold out of this item or don't have enough blah blah blah.
11/17/2006 RoboRaptor Platinum Robo Dino
11/17/2006 LeakFrog (3!)
10/17/2006 jWIN AM/FM Radio Headphones: 2-fer
10/13/2006 HP Premium Plus 4×6 Photo Paper
08/18/2006 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA, FM, Voice Rec.

jcassens5

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jcassens5
areaman714 wrote:What the hell is that?

Dude, I think we are Owls man...

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie

Have to ask-- WineDavid-- have you tasted these wines? If you give me the thumbs up I am in. Haven't steered me wrong in many years. Just a little scared by all the negative comments. I do know I purchased from this winery in the past but have no recollection of the wine. Which could mean it was either good in a non remarkable way or I am blocking the painful memory of it. Or I am simply getting old which I know to be true.

thecarve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecarve

Just wanted to see my clan!

rtdwine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdwine

I am getting the same info- that FEDEX has been contacted but no other shipping info. The same with the Slingshot Cab bought a few days apart from the Scott Harvey offering

rlmanzo

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rlmanzo

Anybody tasted these wines?

I too love Paso wines but this winery has had some particularly bad reviews in this very forum.

Price point looks great but undrinkable wine is never a bargain..

Is it broke or just fractured?

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

sdfreedive wrote:Ouch. Come on winedavid! We know you can get us cheap wine, but what makes wine.woot so awesome is that the cheap wine is also really good.

yep. tasted it. double tasted it. i know the history, this is a steal.

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie
Winedavid39 wrote:yep. tasted it. double tasted it. i know the history this is a steal.

Good enough for me.

saxman799

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saxman799

I was a wine club member with JanKris for many years, so I have gone through lots bottles of both the Crossfire and the Riatta. I have always enjoyed their wines and never had a bottle that was undrinkable.

AndDale2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndDale2

I've been a wine club member at JanKris, now Veris, for quite a few years now. (They are in the little triangle of Peachy Canyon, Veris & Castoro) The JK line is decent, and the Riatta and Crossfire in particular have been very consistently good. Nice blends, good with a variety of foods. Probably not going to blow you away, but a really good deal at this price.

BTW, If you stop by Veris, be sure you taste the Ben Hogan line, really excellent.

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
Winedavid39 wrote:yep. tasted it. double tasted it. i know the history, this is a steal.

Done deal. In for two which will put me at a SOLID $8.83 a bottle (tax/shipping included).

This is a great deal IMO! Thanks Wine David (and others)!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

dmallette wrote:Done deal. In for two which will put me at a SOLID $8.83 a bottle (tax/shipping included).

This is a great deal IMO! Thanks Wine David (and others)!

yea, this may be the last time you see this one. blow out time!

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

I need some rattage from a trusted source...

nifer06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nifer06

Does none of the wine woot ship to Missouri?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nifer06 wrote:Does none of the wine woot ship to Missouri?

Not at this time. I'm sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jautrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jautrey
scotteik wrote:I really rely on my fellow wine wooters when I see a possible order for an everyday drinking (under $10) wine. Have to pass based on what I see. Besides, I already have 3 orders in play. Speaking of which, anyone see any movement on the Scott Harvey offering from June 20th. Tracking info says only thing done is information sent to FedEx about 2 weeks ago.

I'm waiting on 18 bottles from Harvey that I bought directly and they are waiting until the temp is 85 or less to ship. It's been up to 100 in CA where they are located and they won't ship when it's that hot.

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

Seems fishy to me...

greyday wrote:Horribly I'm on the fence; I used to be right up for a deal like this, but at roughly $9/bottle, I'm suspicious. Anyone have experience of either?

dannkatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dannkatt

It seems like there was a bad batch of JanKris way back when, because the stuff I ordered a year or two ago was quite nice and not reflective of reviews on earlier woots.

I'm in for one.

Edit: Bah, except it doesn't ship to Idaho. That's such a rare event I don't even bother to check anymore. Oh well, maybe next time.

LemonAtty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LemonAtty

Generally, I have a favorable view of this winery. Most sites out there state that this wine (diferent vintage) is in the 83-84 range AND goes for $13 to $14 a bottle, less than the $16 it's being offered for here AND WAY less than the alleged $45.00 value of each bottle. BIG PASS here...

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
LemonAtty wrote:Generally, I have a favorable view of this winery. Most sites out there state that this wine (diferent vintage) is in the 83-84 range AND goes for $13 to $14 a bottle, less than the $16 it's being offered for here AND WAY less than the alleged $45.00 value of each bottle. BIG PASS here...

Except it is $7.92 plus tax/ship here, not $16.

12 bottles, 95 bucks.