hockeynutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeynutz

An article written last year had them as "Wine of the Week", with an average cost of $10/btl ... so the 65% savings note is a bit bloated. However, I agree with most - a great deal, I may have to order two cases.

mcomb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcomb
dmallette wrote:In regard to the people with bad experiences, how recent was your purchase?

My negative experience with them was a woot in 2009. It wasn't just boring cheap wine. I swear it tasted like someone mixed acetone and dirty gym socks with cheap grape juice. Maybe it was a bad batch and they've gotten better since then, but I'm always surprised when this winery comes back up on woot after that experience. I've purchased a fair amount of wine from W.W. and this is the only truly negative experience I've had with wine from here.

LemonAtty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LemonAtty
kaolis wrote:Except it is $7.92 plus tax/ship here, not $16.

12 bottles, 95 bucks.

>>>>>>>>
Sorry, I only counted six in the PIC!!! I'm catching my 5 year old's disease in looking at pics not reading stories. Now, if they are giving it away, maybe that's another story???

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
mcomb wrote:My negative experience with them was a woot in 2009. It wasn't just boring cheap wine. I swear it tasted like someone mixed acetone and dirty gym socks with cheap grape juice. Maybe it was a bad batch and they've gotten better since then, but I'm always surprised when this winery comes back up on woot after that experience. I've purchased a fair amount of wine from W.W. and this is the only truly negative experience I've had with wine from here.

Sounds like the wine was corked.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
thecarve wrote:Just wanted to see my clan!

me too

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Me too, I'm hoping for Wu-Tang!

Turxey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turxey

My most fave wine ever from WW was a JanKris. Not one of these though, much older.
Picaro maybe?
Most drinkeable!
Hey McComb, was the Vintage of the bad wine 2009?

mcomb wrote:My negative experience with them was a woot in 2009.

(Just finished off a Sexton '09 that had secondary fermentation. Fixed with a Vacuum Pump).

blm00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blm00

Just wanted to see what my clan was! Still on the fence about this wine.

tjg1778

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjg1778

bought based on wine davids recomendation hope his is right again

Teefant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teefant
randysanders wrote:Me too, I'm hoping for Wu-Tang!

Im more of an X-Clan kinda guy

mcomb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcomb
Turxey wrote:
Hey McComb, was the Vintage of the bad wine 2009?

It was this sampler pack. All the varieties had very similar issues.

http://wine.woot.com/offers/jankris-sampler-five-pack-feb-10

bdalglish08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdalglish08
scotteik wrote:I really rely on my fellow wine wooters when I see a possible order for an everyday drinking (under $10) wine. Have to pass based on what I see. Besides, I already have 3 orders in play. Speaking of which, anyone see any movement on the Scott Harvey offering from June 20th. Tracking info says only thing done is information sent to FedEx about 2 weeks ago.

I ordered two and they were shipped out on 6/30 and delivered 7/02. I did email woot and they did say there may be some delays. I live in southern California and it is also getting pretty warm here now. I know there is a fire up near Napa that has been going on for a few days now and that may be slowing things down a bit.

HurleyFerk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HurleyFerk

I want to. But the reviews seem pretty mixed. Please, God of Fermented Grapes, give me a sign...

Teefant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teefant
HurleyFerk wrote:I want to. But the reviews seem pretty mixed. Please, God of Fermented Grapes, give me a sign...

WineDavid gave his seal of approval. I trust the guy even though he takes our money!

senpai71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages senpai71

How does this compare to the Pedroncelli, quality-wise?

fgfljsb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fgfljsb

i too am curious about my "clan" i am ordering a case however - although i liked their Picaro - which was more Zin than anything else

Korista

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Korista

checking clan too.

On the fence about the wine.

Did I miss an an official tasting for the vintage/variety in the offer?

mnrunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnrunner

Why won't this ship to MN???

Allieroon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Allieroon

Sorry for the delay in comment....this wine rocks. Purchased every Woot offer and we drank like kings!

bcudone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

Anyone know the drinking window for these two?