chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
merbill wrote:You got a pretty good haul. My box was kind of meh; all I got were some ugly reading glasses, a camera bag, a strawberry shortcake serving tray, a weird speaker-thingy, some little kid stuff (I have teenagers), and a Capt Kangaroo 45 rpm record.

Oh yeah, and a note that they forgot something and were going to send it separately....

The note sounds promising. My last 3-4 bags were so crappy I quit trying to get them.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:The note sounds promising. My last 3-4 bags were so crappy I quit trying to get them.

This one was easy -- just a small donation to the meh. kickstarter.

chipgreen

InFrom wrote:This one was easy -- just a small donation to the meh. kickstarter.

That's what I get for not paying attention.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
merbill wrote:You got a pretty good haul. My box was kind of meh; all I got were some ugly reading glasses, a camera bag, a strawberry shortcake serving tray, a weird speaker-thingy, some little kid stuff (I have teenagers), and a Capt Kangaroo 45 rpm record.

Oh yeah, and a note that they forgot something and were going to send it separately....

I was hoping to get that! Someone just got an ipad mini and a chromebook, speaker dock and headphones. That's a true jackpot.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chipgreen wrote:That's what I get for not paying attention.

You and me both!

Nice T.O.P. sig!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
bhodilee wrote:I was hoping to get that! Someone just got an ipad mini and a chromebook, speaker dock and headphones. That's a true jackpot.

And I would trade it all for your Horsehead Key holder. Awesome.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

bhodilee

merbill wrote:And I would trade it all for your Horsehead Key holder. Awesome.

Was that you? The horse head is rather epic.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

We have some little kiddos around. Watcha got? We have 3 month old twins boy & girl, a 2.5 year old boy, two 5 year olds a boy & a girl , a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:We have some little kiddos around. Watcha got? We have 3 month old twins boy & girl, a 2.5 year old boy, two 5 year olds a boy & a girl , a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl.

Any of them like the Chiefs? I have a youth XL Chiefs jersey.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

bahwm wrote:We have some little kiddos around. Watcha got? We have 3 month old twins boy & girl, a 2.5 year old boy, two 5 year olds a boy & a girl , a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl.

I may have a couple Birthday of Celebrations woot shirts that would work for 5-8 yrs old, will try to locate and bring on tour.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

MdS; PM

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:MdS; PM

Answered via email first.

merbill

bhodilee wrote:Was that you? The horse head is rather epic.

Nah, I was speaking theoretically. I didn't get anything special in the first box except the note.

InFrom

merbill wrote:Nah, I was speaking theoretically. I didn't get anything special in the first box except the note.

For some reason, not a soul is interested in my gift of a pet pedometer.

merbill

What do you do with your kids when you travel?!?

Anyway, non-clothing kid "crap" I've gotten includes a Strawberry Shortcake Serving Tray, a cushy-soft hotdog toy for babies that both squeaks and vibrates (with the vaguely disturbing tag line "pull the pickle to make it vibrate"), a Davey and Goliath coloring book with a small Goliath figure attached (he's a dog), and a plastic Flintstone's Vitamins themed mug (it does not appear to be "new").

I also have some clothes - a mesh Jets Football Jersey and the same for the Chiefs, both youth size small, a pair of boys black soccer pants size XXS (still attached to the hanger - I hope they weren't shoplifted), a woot blue cat-in-the-hat style shirt, kid size 10, and a woot green steampunk bird shirt, kid size S.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
merbill wrote:What do you do with your kids when you travel?!?

Eva, the 8-year-old, is very mature for her age.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

merbill wrote:What do you do with your kids when you travel?!?

Anyway, non-clothing kid "crap" I've gotten includes a Strawberry Shortcake Serving Tray, a cushy-soft hotdog toy for babies that both squeaks and vibrates (with the vaguely disturbing tag line "pull the pickle to make it vibrate"), a Davey and Goliath coloring book with a small Goliath figure attached (he's a dog), and a plastic Flintstone's Vitamins themed mug (it does not appear to be "new").

I also have some clothes - a mesh Jets Football Jersey and the same for the Chiefs, both youth size small, a pair of boys black soccer pants size XXS (still attached to the hanger - I hope they weren't shoplifted), a woot blue cat-in-the-hat style shirt, kid size 10, and a woot green steampunk bird shirt, kid size S.

These might work: a pair of boys black soccer pants size XXS (still attached to the hanger - I hope they weren't shoplifted), a woot blue cat-in-the-hat style shirt, kid size 10, and a woot green steampunk bird shirt, kid size S. Bring 'em along & I'll check them out.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

chipgreen wrote:I may have a couple Birthday of Celebrations woot shirts that would work for 5-8 yrs old, will try to locate and bring on tour.

Save them for something closer to us, where we don't have to worry about luggage weight limits!

bahwm

Ok, boys & girls. Anybody heading to Pasadena this weekend? I am trying to decide whether I should have something shipped or if someone could pick it up for me. Store located between DelMar & California Ave. Thanks!

chipgreen

bahwm wrote:Save them for something closer to us, where we don't have to worry about luggage weight limits!

OK, feel free to remind me at a later date....

bhodilee

Car won't start. Uber annoyed. Likely just starter related so not hard or expensive but boo

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Ok, boys & girls. Anybody heading to Pasadena this weekend? I am trying to decide whether I should have something shipped or if someone could pick it up for me. Store located between DelMar & California Ave. Thanks!

Not this weekend, but I could pick it up next Tues/Wed. for you.

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:Car won't start. Uber annoyed. Likely just starter related so not hard or expensive but boo

What's that? You annoyed Uber by not being able to get your car started? I didn't even know they had Uber out there.

Wait, here's a word I remember: solenoid. I remember hearing to hit it with a hammer. Or am I just being solenoid?

InFrom

bhodilee wrote:Car won't start. Uber annoyed. Likely just starter related so not hard or expensive but boo

PS sorry car not working

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
InFrom wrote:What's that? You annoyed Uber by not being able to get your car started? I didn't even know they had Uber out there.

Wait, here's a word I remember: solenoid. I remember hearing to hit it with a hammer. Or am I just being solenoid?

Holy old school batman.

Common problem when you put uncoated headers on a SBC- and yes that was the quick fix- to tap the starter with something to unstick the solenoid.

I think most cars have remote starter solenoids nowadays...

rjquillin

~~ TOUR UPDATE ~~

CT

InFrom

I know someone here will be able to advise me about photos that are backed upon Google+. I have not figured out a way to post one online. (For example, to post here.) One article I read today indicated that one couldn't. I sure can't find it in the online help.

If I need to use Dropbox or some such I will, but if I can remain lazy and stick with just Google+ for now, that would suit me just fine. Has anyone here figured out how to make this work?

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not this weekend, but I could pick it up next Tues/Wed. for you.

Thanks, Sparky. By the time you posted, I just decided to have it sent to me at home and then, I won't have to schlep it throughout all of California!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
InFrom wrote:I know someone here will be able to advise me about photos that are backed upon Google+. I have not figured out a way to post one online. (For example, to post here.) One article I read today indicated that one couldn't. I sure can't find it in the online help.

If I need to use Dropbox or some such I will, but if I can remain lazy and stick with just Google+ for now, that would suit me just fine. Has anyone here figured out how to make this work?

Right click on the image, copy image url, post link like this:

(hit reply to see formatting)

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

North316 wrote:Right click on the image, copy image url, post link like this:

(hit reply to see formatting)

One can also visit the formatting guide located just to the right of the composition window.

CT

InFrom

Thanks guys. The image formatting wasn't the problem, that part I'm used to. I'll try North's advice about copying the image URL when I get back to my home computer in a couple of days.

Mmm, those ribs look good...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
InFrom wrote:Thanks guys. The image formatting wasn't the problem, that part I'm used to. I'll try North's advice about copying the image URL when I get back to my home computer in a couple of days.

Mmm, those ribs look good...

They were delicious. That was from about a month ago.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Spending sunday smoking a brisket, cleaning the house, probably having some local finger lakes gin which has an amazing smell, and board games. I love my smoker, and shout out to the woot community for recommending it, and JavaGourmet for supplying the rub and the brine.

bahwm

iPhone was acting wonky. Went to the Verizon store. En route, it decided to heal itself--at least for the moment. Verizon guy restarted it, phone would not let me post & was flashing another screen in a nasty repeating cycle. He said to try it for today & it should be fine--hopefully. In the meantime,they were giving away, yes, giving away for FREE, the Ellipsis 7 tablet. $35 activation fee, Cover for $28 & we have a year of free use! Just what we need: another piece of technology crap!

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:iPhone was acting wonky. Went to the Verizon store. En route, it decided to heal itself--at least for the moment. Verizon guy restarted it, phone would not let me post & was flashing another screen in a nasty repeating cycle. He said to try it for today & it should be fine--hopefully. In the meantime,they were giving away, yes, giving away for FREE, the Ellipsis 7 tablet. $35 activation fee, Cover for $28 & we have a year of free use! Just what we need: another piece of technology crap!

You'll pay way more in monthly fees than that tablet cost them. They win, though if you like the tablet you win also

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

FYI -

A decent size fire in the CA Sierra foothills burned right up to the tasting room and vineyard for C.G. Di Arie this week. I hope they are going to be ok. Can't be good for the grapes and a missed year is HUGE for a small winery.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:FYI -

A decent size fire in the CA Sierra foothills burned right up to the tasting room and vineyard for C.G. Di Arie this week. I hope they are going to be ok. Can't be good for the grapes and a missed year is HUGE for a small winery.

Really enjoyed our visit there after the wootception, or was it D&D?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Dang...the story I read said it hadn't come up to any of the wineries yet. Stupid wildfires. Hope Noceto is ok...they're pretty close also.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

RJ--swear to god I saw your twin on Friday night. We went to a play put on by the U of MN on their riverboat, and the person sitting in front of me looked very close to you...I kept on looking at him, wondering why he wasn't drinking wine.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:RJ--swear to god I saw your twin on Friday night. We went to a play put on by the U of MN on their riverboat, and the person sitting in front of me looked very close to you...I kept on looking at him, wondering why he wasn't drinking wine.

Well clearly he wasn't me then, why'd you keep wasting time looking and not drinking?

CT