bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
chipgreen wrote:FWIW, when I was in the biz we were always playing catch up until at least July 4th, when the phone would stop ringing until the end of August. Hopefully they will show up soon. I'm sure all the recent rain has not helped.

Dude, don't you sleep?!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:+1
Just got home, and the stupid landscaper STILL hasn't shown up to do the work he promised, but at least the forums are back to normal.

Glad you two made it home safe and sound.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:Dude, don't you sleep?!

I think he had to get rid of his bed to make room for all of the wine he keeps buying.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:I think he had to get rid of his bed to make room for all of the wine he keeps buying.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
bahwm wrote:Dude, don't you sleep?!

Not well. I've had problems falling asleep since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I have less problem falling asleep and more of a problem staying asleep. Last night I slept from 10pm to 1:30am then I was up until 5:30 before going back to bed. That seems to be pretty typical for me now.

bahwm

chipgreen wrote:Not well. I've had problems falling asleep since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I have less problem falling asleep and more of a problem staying asleep. Last night I slept from 10pm to 1:30am then I was up until 5:30 before going back to bed. That seems to be pretty typical for me now.

Yikes! I'm soooo sorry to hear that! You need some of the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea Extra--that's the one that has Valerian Root in it. I'm not sure if if keeps you asleep or if it really knocks you out hard. I've got some of the regular ST and I think I bought the Extra. If I have it, should I bring you a few bags to try out?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
bahwm wrote:Yikes! I'm soooo sorry to hear that! You need some of the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea Extra--that's the one that has Valerian Root in it. I'm not sure if if keeps you asleep or if it really knocks you out hard. I've got some of the regular ST and I think I bought the Extra. If I have it, should I bring you a few bags to try out?

Did you guys go on the CS Factory Tour while you were in town?

bahwm

joelsisk wrote:Did you guys go on the CS Factory Tour while you were in town?

Yup. It's a fun tour.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Yikes! I'm soooo sorry to hear that! You need some of the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea Extra--that's the one that has Valerian Root in it. I'm not sure if if keeps you asleep or if it really knocks you out hard. I've got some of the regular ST and I think I bought the Extra. If I have it, should I bring you a few bags to try out?

Ha. I remember those from when I was a rodie. Sleepytime at night to knock me out, and Morning Thunder to kick it in gear when we had to get up.

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Ha. I remember those from when I was a rodie. Sleepytime at night to knock me out, and Morning Thunder to kick it in gear when we had to get up.

Check your email.

chipgreen

That's the one with the teddy bear on the box IIRC? Funny you should mention it, my sister suggested it to me a few years back when I was acting as my Dad's caregiver. I did buy a box but honestly don't remember if I ever drank it. That time frame is a little foggy for me and wasn't much fun so I don't think about it too much. I will look for it and try it again, thanks for the suggestion!

chipgreen

North316 wrote:I think he had to get rid of his bed to make room for all of the wine he keeps buying.

That's besides the point

ddeuddeg

Anyone get the Stillman PN yet? The tracking info said shipping info sent to FedEx June 30 (over 2 weeks ago), same time as the Scott Harvey, which arrived last Friday. Wellington, ordered later, also arrived last Friday. Stillman info originally said approximate delivery July 8th, now says simply N/A. Hoping it gets here before we leave for the tour.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:Anyone get the Stillman PN yet? The tracking info said shipping info sent to FedEx June 30 (over 2 weeks ago), same time as the Scott Harvey, which arrived last Friday. Wellington, ordered later, also arrived last Friday. Stillman info originally said approximate delivery July 8th, now says simply N/A. Hoping it gets here before we leave for the tour.

I'm waiting on that and the David Noyes PN. Not buying anymore until post-RPM. I expect both will arrive here this Friday. Now that summer shipping is in effect, my packages show no movement until they hit a FedEx hub in Grove City, OH. That's how I know they're on refrigerated trucks for most of the journey, otherwise I would have tracking all the way from CA and they would land at a different FedEx hub in OH.

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Not buying anymore until post-RPM.

But, there's TO today.

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Anyone get the Stillman PN yet? The tracking info said shipping info sent to FedEx June 30 (over 2 weeks ago), same time as the Scott Harvey, which arrived last Friday. Wellington, ordered later, also arrived last Friday. Stillman info originally said approximate delivery July 8th, now says simply N/A. Hoping it gets here before we leave for the tour.

Stillman was delivered here on the 2nd.
Perhaps they shipped yours west, the long way around?
Time for a note to support?

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Stillman was delivered here on the 2nd.
Perhaps they shipped yours west, the long way around?
Time for a note to support?

Note to support on such issues is typically responded to by something less efficient than carrier pigeon. I'm used to not getting any real tracking info when they ship here on the reefer trucks, until after it's actually turned over to the "local" carrier. I'll wait "patiently" for a while longer.

rjquillin

Kind of old news, but I'd not seen it mentioned here.
Corovin suspends sales after ruptured bottles injure.
I'll stick to my Ar, thank you.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Got mine, but it doesn't go by refrig truck first.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

Nice send-off for Derek Jeter. Pretty clever, sending him out to the SS position as if he were going to begin the inning, and then relieve him, so he gets a chance for a big ovation.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:Nice send-off for Derek Jeter. Pretty clever, sending him out to the SS position as if he were going to begin the inning, and then relieve him, so he gets a chance for a big ovation.

Missed that, but sounds pretty cool.

The jets that flew over the stadium during the national anthem flew directly over my house! They were very close to the ground. I couldn't get my phone out in time to take a pic, but it was soooooo cool to see them fly by.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

otolith wrote:Missed that, but sounds pretty cool.

The jets that flew over the stadium during the national anthem flew directly over my house! They were very close to the ground. I couldn't get my phone out in time to take a pic, but it was soooooo cool to see them fly by.

Sounds cool! The network neglected to show the jets.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:Sounds cool! The network neglected to show the jets.

You must have missed them. I ran into the house, turned on the tube and caught them as they were flying overhead!

They flew down from Duluth (~120 miles north), in 15 minutes.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chipgreen

otolith wrote:You must have missed them. I ran into the house, turned on the tube and caught them as they were flying overhead!

They flew down from Duluth (~120 miles north), in 15 minutes.

That's just shy of sonic boomage!

bahwm

Iron Horse! Urg!

North316

ddeuddeg wrote:Nice send-off for Derek Jeter. Pretty clever, sending him out to the SS position as if he were going to begin the inning, and then relieve him, so he gets a chance for a big ovation.

Let me preface this by first saying that I am a HUGE baseball fan.

I HATE Jeter and hate everything that has embodied this season and his "farewell tour".

I appreciate what he has done offensively. .311 career BA is pretty exceptional for a 20 year career. He has been the "leader" of the Yankees, but hes benefited greatly from all of the money put on the field around him (in terms of runs, RBI, etc) and from Yankee stadium in terms of HR.

The 3,400 hits alone puts him in the HOF.

He's the "consummate professional" as everyone loves to say, and that's one of my biggest problems with him off the field. The guy is a robot and shows no emotion or enthusiasm for the game, at least publicly; as a fan I can't stand it.

Now about that defense, or lack there of... Derek Jeter has not been a good major league shortstop for the last 12-15 years, period. You can argue that all you want, but over the last 12 years he has only had a positive UZR once (meaning he has been a below major league average SS defensively for 11 of the last 12 seasons).

I'm all for honoring a player. I thought the treatment for Rivera was okay last year, but still overboard. At least he deserved to actually be an allstar though. Jeter was the 17th best SS at the halfway mark this season, yet he started the All-Star game. I get it, it's a fan vote, which is what makes me even more angry. I would understand having him there as a coach's pick and honoring mid-end game. He is not an All-Star this year, and he certainly should not have been a starter.

Btw, what the hell is wrong with MLB when Jeter gets all of this special attention and there was absolutely no mention of Tony Gywnn passing away?

I'm not even going to get into each team showering Jeter with special gifts each time he plays his last game/series at those stadiums. It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in my lifetime and I hope it does not become a trend for retiring future HoF'ers.

My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
North316 wrote:there was absolutely no mention of Tony Gywnn passing away?

Who?

But seriously- his problem was he was with a rather meaningless little club for his entire career so nobody outside of ex-Marines and SoCal peeps know who he is.

And that's what's wrong with that particular sport, innit?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

ddeuddeg

mother wrote:Who?

But seriously- his problem was he was with a rather meaningless little club for his entire career so nobody outside of ex-Marines and SoCal peeps know who he is.

George Will knew enough about him to make him a main subject of his book Men at Work: The Craft of Baseball. Great read, IMO.

ddeuddeg

North316 wrote:Let me preface this by first saying that I am a HUGE baseball fan.

I HATE Jeter...
Now about that defense, or lack there of... Derek Jeter has not been a good major league shortstop for the last 12-15 years, period. You can argue that all you want, but over the last 12 years he has only had a positive UZR once (meaning he has been a below major league average SS defensively for 11 of the last 12 seasons)....Jeter was the 17th best SS at the halfway mark this season, yet he started the All-Star game. I get it, it's a fan vote, which is what makes me even more angry. I would understand having him there as a coach's pick and honoring mid-end game. He is not an All-Star this year, and he certainly should not have been a starter.

Not into hate at all, but I've never been in favor of fan voting for all-star games, because it makes it into a popularity contest, which is why I agree totally with your last 2 sentences here.
I won't get into an argument with you about his defense; you can take that to the managers and coaches who saw fit to recognize him with 5 Gold Glove Awards during those 12 years.

North316

ddeuddeg wrote:Not into hate at all, but I've never been in favor of fan voting for all-star games, because it makes it into a popularity contest, which is why I agree totally with your last 2 sentences here.
I won't get into an argument with you about his defense; you can take that to the managers and coaches who saw fit to recognize him with 5 Gold Glove Awards during those 12 years.

Gold Gloves are a joke. At least 8 out of 10 times they are not given to the best defensive player at the position.

My CT

North316

North316 wrote:Gold Gloves are a joke. At least 8 out of 10 times they are not given to the best defensive player at the position.

And after 3 minutes of research, only one of those 5 years he received a gold glove, was he better than 7th statistically on defense for AL SS. That year was 2009 where he was 3rd statistically (but only half as good as a Elvis Andrus), yet batted .334 vs Andrus at .267, and therefore proving the joke of Gold Glove awards.

My CT

North316

North316 wrote:And after 3 minutes of research, only one of those 5 years he received a gold glove, was he better than 7th statistically on defense for AL SS. That year was 2009 where he was 3rd statistically (but only half as good as a Elvis Andrus), yet batted .334 vs Andrus at .267, and therefore proving the joke of Gold Glove awards.

Just to clarify, he isn't a poor defender, per-se. He has always lacked any sort of range. He makes routine plays, and even very good plays to balls he can reach, but its the balls he can't reach which make him a huge liability at SS.

My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I feel like if we have to have a separate forum for Political talk we should have a separate forum for gloves and balls and sticks and chewing tobacco. I hate gloves and balls and sticks and chewing tobacco though. Mind numbing game to watch.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:I feel like if we have to have a separate forum for Political talk we should have a separate forum for gloves and balls and sticks and chewing tobacco. I hate gloves and balls and sticks and chewing tobacco though. Mind numbing game to watch.

You left out scratching.

I do love baseball, though I could live without the spitting and the ridiculous beards and all. I have to agree with the knocks on Jeter. (Said the Mets fan who's married to a Yankees fan.)

Oh, was this posted in the wrong thread?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
InFrom wrote:You left out scratching.

I do love baseball, though I could live without the spitting and the ridiculous beards and all. I have to agree with the knocks on Jeter. (Said the Mets fan who's married to a Yankees fan.)

Oh, was this posted in the wrong thread?

cup adjusting, FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

mother wrote:Who?

And that's what's wrong with that particular sport, innit?

Careful, San Diego is represented here.

Tony was a outstanding member of the community here, and chose to remain in SD rather than chase the $$ he could easily have earned elsewhere.

His passing here was a huge event that was well remembered by his fans and the city alike.

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:Careful, San Diego is represented here.

Tony was a outstanding member of the community here, and chose to remain in SD rather than chase the $$ he could easily have earned elsewhere.

His passing here was a huge event that was well remembered by his fans and the city alike.

You'd have to know mother well enough to know he was being facetious there, and certainly meant no disrespect to Tony Gwynn. Mother and I have never talked baseball, so I couldn't guess how he felt, but I was a great admirer of one of the game's great hitters. I read everything I could find about him, and was deeply saddened by his premature passing.

EDIT: Elected to the HOF in his first year of eligibility, with a 97.6% ballot. Wonder who the 13 morons were who didn't vote for him. Totally unacceptable they didn't acknowledge him in any way last night.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:Careful, San Diego is represented here.

Agree w/ ddeuddeg, I think this was mother's point -- that if he had played in a big-media town like a certain shortstop we were just discussing, the tributes last night would have been non-stop.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
InFrom wrote:Agree w/ ddeuddeg, I think this was mother's point -- that if he had played in a big-media town like a certain shortstop we were just discussing, the tributes last night would have been non-stop.

ddeuddeg wrote:You'd have to know mother well enough to know he was being facetious there, and certainly meant no disrespect to Tony Gwynn.

To be exceptionally clear, I meant absolutely no disrespect to Tony Gwynn.