otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Well clearly he wasn't me then, why'd you keep wasting time looking and not drinking?

OK, I was more interested in watching Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

Had a couple glasses of wine with dinner, and the wine with kangaroos on the bottle just doesn't do it for me, so I stuck to water at the show.

edit: otospark

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:OK, I was more interested in watching Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

Jekyl and Hyde.
Perhaps I really was there.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

joelsisk

otolith wrote:

edit: otospark

That's what makes the transformers work, right?

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
joelsisk wrote:some VERY interesting wines on RLL - Y rousseau - including a colombard and rose of tannat!

WD or Neil - care to provide some additional tasting notes?

Here's the tannat offer.
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5759819&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

CT

cortot20

cortot20 wrote:Here's the tannat offer.
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5759819&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

And the colombard
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5719144&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

CT

joelsisk

cortot20 wrote:And the colombard
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5719144&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

ooo, thanks for that. I missed those!

Both on woot were 6 bottles for $69. both on RLL are 4 bottles for $49.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:That's what makes the transformers work, right?

Ha!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Did anyone in upstate NY or surrounding areas got their TO order yet? Mine is still stuck in the label generated. I'm currently a week away from leaving for 2 weeks, so I would like to know if I need to set up an alternate pick up point before I leave.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tiger7610 wrote:Did anyone in upstate NY or surrounding areas got their TO order yet? Mine is still stuck in the label generated. I'm currently a week away from leaving for 2 weeks, so I would like to know if I need to set up an alternate pick up point before I leave.

You can't redirect it anyway until the tracking starts moving again.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tiger7610

North316 wrote:You can't redirect it anyway until the tracking starts moving again.

Exactly, but what I can do is at least have the letter written to give to fedex so someone else can pick it up

joelsisk

intersting article on what wineries actually earn (ignore the link text and note the article was updated Jun 2014)

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
joelsisk wrote:intersting article on what wineries actually earn (ignore the link text and note the article was updated Jun 2014)

There's an old saying among winemakers that goes something like this...
"The best way to make $1 million in the wine industry is to start with $10 million".

(I think it was Scott Harvey that I heard say this but am not certain)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Really enjoyed our visit there after the wootception, or was it D&D?

Wootception. Long drive from D&D!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

chipgreen wrote:There's an old saying among winemakers that goes something like this...
"The best way to make $1 million in the wine industry is to start with $10 million".

(I think it was Scott Harvey that I heard say this but am not certain)

He did say this, though somewhat tongue and cheek after discussing how he flipped his interest in folie a deaux (sp?) for 10X+ what he paid for it.

My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:Exactly, but what I can do is at least have the letter written to give to fedex so someone else can pick it up

And what is it that's preventing you from doing this?
I've detailed my suggestions. Nothing new to offer. Just this: if you fail to act, and it doesn't get delivered, they'll hold it for 5 days, and then likely ship it back, without any protection from the heat. You do not want this to happen.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

North316 wrote:He did say this, though somewhat tongue and cheek after discussing how he flipped his interest in folie a deaux (sp?) for 10X+ what he paid for it.

Thanks for the confirmation. My favorite Scott Harvey one-liner was when we pulled up to his place on the 2012 RPM Tour and he was drinking a beer. Someone commented about it and he said "It takes a lot of beer to make good wine".

tiger7610

Oh I plan to do that anyway, its just another thing I have to do before I leave, and believe me there is no shortage of things. Its just annoying, because I specifically asked about shipping length before I ordered and the response made it seem that it was going to be delivered by now. Its not like its been that hot recently

ddeuddeg wrote:And what is it that's preventing you from doing this?
I've detailed my suggestions. Nothing new to offer. Just this: if you fail to act, and it doesn't get delivered, they'll hold it for 5 days, and then likely ship it back, without any protection from the heat. You do not want this to happen.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Did anyone order Phat Goose, and did it ship yet? I'm guessing it will show up next week, when I'm not home. Wonderful!

rjquillin

~~ Tourists ~~

We're finally ready to go!!

Just signed the final contract, really, within the past 10 minutes.

All the venues and rough timings are up on the spreadsheet and I'll get more details posted here a bit later today for the world to see.

Tip your glasses, we have some great visits planned.

rpm/wd and me

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
chemvictim wrote:Did anyone order Phat Goose, and did it ship yet? I'm guessing it will show up next week, when I'm not home. Wonderful!

I ordered and still have no tracking info. That said, with summer shipping I often get the tracking info the day I get the shipment. Sometimes, the day after I get the shipment.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I ordered and still have no tracking info. That said, with summer shipping I often get the tracking info the day I get the shipment. Sometimes, the day after I get the shipment.

Heh. The wine arrived just a few minutes ago. It was a surprise!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. My favorite Scott Harvey one-liner was when we pulled up to his place on the 2012 RPM Tour and he was drinking a beer. Someone commented about it and he said "It takes a lot of beer to make good wine".

Not saying Scott never said that, but I have a clear memory of hearing Peter Wellington say those exact words. I have a feeling that's a pretty widespread philosophy in wine country.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:Not saying Scott never said that, but I have a clear memory of hearing Peter Wellington say those exact words. I have a feeling that's a pretty widespread philosophy in wine country.

Yes, in fact I read another iteration of it in the comments section of the article posted by Joel.

rjquillin

Posted on behalf of...

txmusicman49 wrote:
Texas Hill Country wineries banding together to raise quality
The link is for a seminar in Texas led by Clark Smith that I thought others might find interesting. If you know how to post it, or know who does, it might be worthwhile, especially for those that are familiar with Clark and his music.
CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So much wasted time

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

bhodilee wrote:So much wasted time

I like!

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:So much wasted time

Evidently, Bowtie's game killed the Pub!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

MarkDaSpark wrote:Evidently, Bowtie's game killed the Pub!!!

I'm stuck on level 17, think I have the right idea but can't quite get it yet....

North316

chipgreen wrote:I'm stuck on level 17, think I have the right idea but can't quite get it yet....

Just finished 17 in 4 tries.

My CT

rjquillin

The 2014 rpm/ww Itinerary is up on the TOUR THREAD

CT

cortot20

chipgreen wrote:I'm stuck on level 17, think I have the right idea but can't quite get it yet....

I was stuck on 21.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:I was stuck on 21.

I'm up to 15. I hate y'all for this.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

~~~ POTENTIAL RPM/WW TOURISTS ~~~

We have a last second open seat!

PM or post ASAP if interested.

[edit] Guaranteed a partial, but there may even be a full subsidy. We don't want an empty seat.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Celebrating the in-laws 50th wedding aniversary