• 13.4% - Blue 168
  • 14.2% - Dungeness 178
  • 27.9% - King 349
  • 16.2% - Snow 202
  • 4.1% - Stone 51
  • 22.6% - I don't eat sea bugs. 283
  • 1.5% - I have something else to say in the comments. 19
1250 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

They give me hives.

lljfoster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lljfoster

Grass.

Lenkeit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lenkeit

The crab cakes served during "cocktail hour" on the Regency floor of the Hyatt in Bellevue, Washington.

We can cellar 545 bottles here at home. This means we must quickly consume the other 436 bottles on hand...

jahadix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jahadix
Lenkeit wrote:The crab cakes served during "cocktail hour" on the Regency floor of the Hyatt in Bellevue, Washington.

Probably Dungeness

tml61747

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tml61747

I can cellar 850 bottles and have 800 bottle of wine. But, no crabs in the cellar. Something is amiss. I will consume the wine and hunt for more crabs later.

timothynohe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timothynohe

Sigh. Anyone opting for a crabcake anywhere outside the immediate Baltimore area has clearly lived a sheltered life. Probably entirely on the West Coast where they have no idea how great blue crabs are since they boil all their seafood. Beer-steamed blue crabs smothered in Old Bay and crab cake made from lump crab meat, nearly a half pound of it, and little else, broiled, never fried and never never never deep fried, and soft shelled blue crab sauteed in butter (lot) on a roll with cole slaw and ocean fries.

If you ever see "Maryland Crab Cake" on the menu DO NOT BE FOOLED. I have lived in Maryland most of my life and I have never seen anyone serve a crab cake that is made of shredded meat and cracker crumbs and deep-fried. Except on a menu that says "Maryland Crab Cake." Not good stuff.

How crap. I haven't had breakfast and I feel a need to head over to G&M for my fix. I will be jonesing until lunch.

timothynohe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timothynohe
tml61747 wrote:I can cellar 850 bottles and have 800 bottle of wine. But, no crabs in the cellar. Something is amiss. I will consume the wine and hunt for more crabs later.

Crabs are about craft paper on the table outside, little wooden hammers, burgers and dogs on the grill, corn on the cob, rock and roll on the speakers, good friends, sunshine, and conversation. And beer. WHy is this on the wine page?

DoofenDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoofenDad

Zoidberg

pkrzycki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pkrzycki

Softshell

zasseg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zasseg

Soft shell in sushi.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Krusty!

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

Apples

moles1138

"Oh, Miss Crabtree"

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85
pkrzycki wrote:Softshell

+1

x8

Libbman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Libbman

If you have not had Dungeness you have not lived! They are a little more work... but the flavor can only be compared to your first kiss... sweet, smooth, and delicate.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Libbman wrote:If you have not had Dungeness you have not lived! They are a little more work... but the flavor can only be compared to your first kiss... sweet, smooth, and delicate.

We have very different life experiences.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rpm

quality posts: 175 Private Messages rpm

Dungeness crab, at the height of the season, served with very dry California (e.g. Stony Hill, or something from the Anderson Valley) or German riesling (a dry Kabinett from a really top vintner) - one of the very greatest food and wine pairings ever.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

Any of them cooked, works for me.

jrod703

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrod703

Anyone who didn't say stone has never had stone crab claws. Simply the best all around, mmmmmm....

matto121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matto121

The truth is they are all fantastic vessels for what we really want .... Drawn buuuuuuuuuuttre hmmmmmmmmmm.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender

PeTA member here: I am appalled at the treatment of these friends & will not consume them based on said cruelty. DON'T DISMEMBER THEM LIVE!!!!! (AND DON'T TORTURE LOBSTERS!! OR COWS! OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER!!!)

ALL ANIMALS HAVE FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shyflyguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shyflyguy

Nothing but a huge aquatic spider...

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Krazy Krabs! I got one of them though a mail order add they used to put in comic books, when I was a kid. It was a live hermit crab that they send in the mail. It actually wasn't anywhere near as cool as the add made it seem. In the add it was a wacky, smiling, cartoonish crab, like something you'd want to play with. I never wanted to play with it, when it came, though, because I didn't want it to bite me. It was all smiley and friendly, either. It looked kinda of scary.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 12 Private Messages meandsecoya
dnlkolender wrote:PeTA member here: I am appalled at the treatment of these friends & will not consume them based on said cruelty. DON'T DISMEMBER THEM LIVE!!!!! (AND DON'T TORTURE LOBSTERS!! OR COWS! OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER!!!)

ALL ANIMALS HAVE FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you, I'd really look into what the group you claim to be a member of does before admitting your allegiance to them on the internet. In reality, they kill more animals than they help and the stunts that they pull only serve to make real animal rights activists look stupid by their perceived association with PETA. There is a reason that most people roll their eyes and hate on PETA when it's brought up, and it isn't because we hate animals, either.

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

+2

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

dnlkolender wrote:PeTA member here: I am appalled at the treatment of these friends & will not consume them based on said cruelty. DON'T DISMEMBER THEM LIVE!!!!! (AND DON'T TORTURE LOBSTERS!! OR COWS! OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER!!!)

msteud116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msteud116

Yes I would pick softshell myself they are the best

DrWineaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrWineaux

ALL

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla

Stoned crabs

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

Just got back from Papua New Guinea and had mud crabs for the first time. I would put them up against all the other options. I grew up in Maryland and have had more than my fair share of blues.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

All crabs are the best! Yummmmmmm.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

You're kidding, right?

moles1138

People Eating Tasty Animals
(Old joke...sorry)

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

You tell 'em, TIMOTHYNOHE!!! There are several places in Florida that serve them the PROPER way.
*sigh* Pretty soon most people will not be able to afford Chesapeake Blue Crabs....

k8ybug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k8ybug

It has now actually been proven that some plants can tell when they are being eaten and release a chemical to try to prevent further damage. All of the testing was done by sound and vibration. So plants can feel and hear you eating them as well. Your animals have feelsing argument has now been proven invalid by science. BOOM SCIENCE!

I prefer Queen Crab

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

Grew up catching blue claws on the Jersey Shore, but without a doubt nothing is finer than stone crab. Period.