randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

I find myself in the Willamette Valley, and I dislike Pinot Noir. And, we're going wine tasting tomorrow. Anyone know of vineyards close to Eugene that do good cabs, syrahs, zinfandel even?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Only winery I've heard of is Naked Winery

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Amity Vineyards is up by Salem, and has been on Woot.

They also have Pinot blanc, Gamay noir, Dry Rosé, Dry & Late Harvest Riesling & Gewürztraminer.

Saké One is also up that way, but west of Portland.

Sadly, Dusted Valley Vintners and K Vintners and Helix are all up in Washington.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
randysanders wrote:I find myself in the Willamette Valley, and I dislike Pinot Noir. And, we're going wine tasting tomorrow. Anyone know of vineyards close to Eugene that do good cabs, syrahs, zinfandel even?

The J. Scott Cellars wine collection includes Petite Sirah, Viognier, Roussanne, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc.
The Five H wine collection includes White Riesling, Heritage (red blend) and Walla Walla Syrah.
William Rose Wines is committed to delivering wines that are both technically correct and artfully created to provoke an emotional response. William Rose Wines’ is dedicated to creating a range of wines that are expressive of the season and soil from which they came and therefore unique in their character. (Barbera, Syrah, etc.)
Check this website.
Also, try to keep an open mind and try a few Pinots. Maybe you'll find one you like.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

randysanders

I'm told we went to King Estates, and we're going there again. They make a great Cab and others, but their Ponot Noir, even their good stuff doesn't do it for me. Their label is NxNW, and it's delicious.

Thanks for the help, and I'll keep reading for more advice.

I need to land in Portland and go NxNE.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
randysanders wrote:I'm told we went to King Estates, and we're going there again. They make a great Cab and others, but their Ponot Noir, even their good stuff doesn't do it for me. Their label is NxNW, and it's delicious.

Thanks for the help, and I'll keep reading for more advice.

I need to land in Portland and go NxNE.

Trader joes has the nxnw reisling for $7 right now.

CT

randysanders

cortot20 wrote:Trader joes has the nxnw reisling for $7 right now.

I'm looking for reds, but some family members love riesling. Is it good?

randysanders

Thanks for the suggestions. I did drink Pinot Noir, and...ok, what little flavor there is, is nice. I had some Pinot/Cab "Port" at the last stop that was very satisfying.

randysanders

Oddly enough, I came home with a vionier, a white pinot noir, a pinot noir blend rose and a bottle of "Port". Not at all what I expected...