J. Ludlow Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$59.99 $100.00 40% off List Price
2008 "Kemsley 1550" Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Ynez Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

I'm not sure why this is called kemsley 1550 but I know the fruit source is good. Camp 4 is great for rhone varietals, but i have never had a cab from the this vineyard. Any comments from anyone who has had a cab from this vineyard?

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,
Sooo I’m sitting here Sunday morning and my oldest granddaughter walks in the room and announces hey Grandpa, I found this box on the porch a few days ago, what is it? Oops, a bottle of 2008 Kemsley 1550 Cab being offered today, now I NEVER drink this early, but feel I need to take one for the team here.
(it’s 8 am) 1st pour light in color and very fruittie aromas, not much legs though.
1st drink was very smooth with a light oak flavor surprised me as my pallet wasn't ready for wine this early. At this time all I can say is I like this wine, I need to let it air our a few hours and revisit around 1 pm. I’ll follow up later today.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
fredrinaldi wrote:Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,
Sooo I’m sitting here Sunday morning and my oldest granddaughter walks in the room and announces hey Grandpa, I found this box on the porch a few days ago, what is it? Oops, a bottle of 2008 Kemsley 1550 Cab being offered today, now I NEVER drink this early, but feel I need to take one for the team here.
(it’s 8 am) 1st pour light in color and very fruittie aromas, not much legs though.
1st drink was very smooth with a light oak flavor surprised me as my pallet wasn't ready for wine this early. At this time all I can say is I like this wine, I need to let it air our a few hours and revisit around 1 pm. I’ll follow up later today.

Which begs the question, have you ever had a red you didn't like? Anxious to hear your updated review.

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:Which begs the question, have you ever had a red you didn't like? Anxious to hear your updated review.

yep quite a few, Copa & Jane to name a few.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,

Its 3pm. Just sayin'

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

Sorry I'm later than expected, the Grandkids want to get some Kings gear so we drove the South Bay getting Kings hats & shirts,
This is weaker than I like in my Cab's but it is a nice wine, very, very smooth. Has really nice legs now, Different glass than this morning, maybe cleaner, but nice legs. Really drinkable right now, I think most Cab/Merlot drinkers would like this wine. I can't think of a wine offered in past that I could compare it to. But would recommend this wine.

Edit: had the wife try it and she really liked it. Said it doesn't taste like a Cab, for what its worth.

Edit#2
wife says go for it
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

CT