J. Ludlow Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$59.99 $100.00 40% off List Price
2008 "Kemsley 1550" Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Ynez Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20

I'm not sure why this is called kemsley 1550 but I know the fruit source is good. Camp 4 is great for rhone varietals, but i have never had a cab from the this vineyard. Any comments from anyone who has had a cab from this vineyard?

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 51 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,
Sooo I’m sitting here Sunday morning and my oldest granddaughter walks in the room and announces hey Grandpa, I found this box on the porch a few days ago, what is it? Oops, a bottle of 2008 Kemsley 1550 Cab being offered today, now I NEVER drink this early, but feel I need to take one for the team here.
(it’s 8 am) 1st pour light in color and very fruittie aromas, not much legs though.
1st drink was very smooth with a light oak flavor surprised me as my pallet wasn't ready for wine this early. At this time all I can say is I like this wine, I need to let it air our a few hours and revisit around 1 pm. I’ll follow up later today.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 60 Private Messages jmdavidson
fredrinaldi wrote:Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,
Sooo I’m sitting here Sunday morning and my oldest granddaughter walks in the room and announces hey Grandpa, I found this box on the porch a few days ago, what is it? Oops, a bottle of 2008 Kemsley 1550 Cab being offered today, now I NEVER drink this early, but feel I need to take one for the team here.
(it’s 8 am) 1st pour light in color and very fruittie aromas, not much legs though.
1st drink was very smooth with a light oak flavor surprised me as my pallet wasn't ready for wine this early. At this time all I can say is I like this wine, I need to let it air our a few hours and revisit around 1 pm. I’ll follow up later today.

Which begs the question, have you ever had a red you didn't like? Anxious to hear your updated review.

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:Which begs the question, have you ever had a red you didn't like? Anxious to hear your updated review.

yep quite a few, Copa & Jane to name a few.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 72 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:Have the daughters and grandkids out from Missouri for a week and a half,

Its 3pm. Just sayin'

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

Sorry I'm later than expected, the Grandkids want to get some Kings gear so we drove the South Bay getting Kings hats & shirts,
This is weaker than I like in my Cab's but it is a nice wine, very, very smooth. Has really nice legs now, Different glass than this morning, maybe cleaner, but nice legs. Really drinkable right now, I think most Cab/Merlot drinkers would like this wine. I can't think of a wine offered in past that I could compare it to. But would recommend this wine.

Edit: had the wife try it and she really liked it. Said it doesn't taste like a Cab, for what its worth.

Edit#2
wife says go for it
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

cortot20

quality posts: 234 Private Messages cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

Want to provide tasting notes to the W.W. community? PM me for more info.

CT