MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Host: Merbill & SWMBO
Close to the 91 or the 57.

Theme: Bring a bottle, preferably one from a RPM Tour. Or a Biodynamic one (in Kyle's honor).

Date: August 9th, 2014 (Saturday)

Time: 5:00 to 10ish pm bahwm & d-dog arrival later, to allow us to properly greet them.

Attendees:
- Merbill
- Merbill +1
- ddeuddeg
- bahwm
- zTimothyBz
- MarkDaSpark
- losthighwayz
- losthighwayz +1
- JavaDrinker
- CoffeeMate
- klezman
- molarchae

Maybes:
- time2testit
- redhead11
- zTimothyBz +1

Regrets:
- anyone who misses this
- tytiger58
- tytiger58 +1
- cortot20
- cortot20 +1
- kylemittskus
- kylemittskus SWMBO
- rjquillin

Bring a dish (I'm assuming with food on it, merbill didn't specify with food ), figure for 10 to 15 people.

Note, Gluten Free and Pescetarian foods are requested for some attendees.

No shellfish are requested (no shrimp). Someone has an allergy to them. Plus I believe the pescetarians in the group don't eat them.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

We'll probably still be up north doing our post-Tour camping/backpacking trip.

Party at our place Monday night or later, though

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Host: kylemittskus

Theme: Bring a bottle bought on an RPM Tour, or be Passionate about Biodynamic Wines!

Date: August 9th, 2014 (Saturday)

Time: ?:?? to ?:?? pm

Attendees:
- kylemittskus
- ddeuddeg
- bahwm
- zTimothyBz
- MarkDaSpark
- cortot20
-
-

Maybes:
- rjquillin
- Merbill
- Merbill +1
- time2testit
- redhead11
- tytiger58
- tytiger58 +1
- klezman
- molarchae
- losthighwayz
- losthighwayz +1

Regrets:
- anyone who misses this

Happy??

No Kyle +1?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Unfortunately we have long standing plans for that day You guys have a great time!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

Put us on the maybe list at this point. I'm not sure which weekends in August we will be around. I couldn't imagine an event being closer to me so I will make every effort.

Do we have a real theme yet?

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

It's the Saturday following the rpm tour, so one theme is favorites from the tour.

The other theme is biodynamic wines, since kylemittskus is so passionate about them.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Put us on the maybe list at this point. I'm not sure which weekends in August we will be around. I couldn't imagine an event being closer to me so I will make every effort.

Do we have a real theme yet?

Well, if kyle would stop slacking ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
zTimothyBz wrote:It's the Saturday following the rpm tour, so one theme is favorites from the tour.

The other theme is biodynamic wines, since kylemittskus is so passionate about them.

I knew all of this. Do I need to come out there to teach people to read the first post?

Hope we'll see some more peeps!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

zTimothyBz

bahwm wrote:I knew all of this. Do I need to come out there to teach people to read the first post?

I was afraid you hadn't, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

My cellar

bahwm

zTimothyBz wrote:I was afraid you hadn't, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

No prob. Plus, didn't you send some of this info to me in some sort of personal correspondence?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:No prob. Plus, didn't you send some of this info to me in some sort of personal correspondence?

Probably.

Now if you could get D-Dog to send a PM to PSquishy about his slacking ...

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably.

Now if you could get D-Dog to send a PM to PSquishy about his slacking ...

Confused: don't know what PSquishy is slacking about. I thought we had a theme?

Teefant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teefant

Losthighwayz + 1 will be in attendance. What is the time?

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Confused: don't know what PSquishy is slacking about. I thought we had a theme?

We do. We just need a time to show up!!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Uh . . .

I'm pretty sure I can't host that day.

I thought we were doing it at Tim's.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:Uh . . .

I didn't know Tim got a new house! Congrats Tim!

CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Uh . . .

Slacker!

zTimothyBz

kylemittskus wrote:I thought we were doing it at Tim's.

Among other things, since I'll only be back from the tour the day before - getting back late, late on Thursday doesn't count - I am conceding in favor of whatever you had planned for D&B.

My cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
zTimothyBz wrote:Among other things, since I'll only be back from the tour the day before - getting back late, late on Thursday doesn't count - I am conceding in favor of whatever you had planned for D&B.

I had nothing planned as I thought it was going to be at your place with the gathering size TBD.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

We will be out of town that weekend. Sorry guys!

CT

ddeuddeg

kylemittskus wrote:I had nothing planned as I thought it was going to be at your place with the gathering size TBD.

PM for you.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I had nothing planned as I thought it was going to be at your place with the gathering size TBD.

Changed. Slacker!

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Changed. Slacker!

I don't want it to seem like I'm complaining, but I thought Tim was going to be too tired to host this immediately after returning from the tour. Is it settled some way or other?

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't want it to seem like I'm complaining, but I thought Tim was going to be too tired to host this immediately after returning from the tour. Is it settled some way or other?

Yes, but there may be some debris ...

Unless you had planned something close to kyle? He indicated he couldn't host.

klezman

We could host if you're happy waiting until Sunday

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:We could host if you're happy waiting until Sunday

Depends on D-dog and bahwm's schedule.

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Depends on ddeuddeg and bahwm's schedule.

We're actually pretty flexible, as long as we have some decent notice, like before the tour begins. From where we'll be, in Ontario, it's about an hour to either place.
We'll likely be attending 4:00PM Mass in Ontario on Saturday, so couldn't get to TB's until well past 6, if that matters.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
ddeuddeg wrote:We're actually pretty flexible, as long as we have some decent notice, like before the tour begins. From where we'll be, in Ontario, it's about an hour to either place.
We'll likely be attending 4:00PM Mass in Ontario on Saturday, so couldn't get to TB's until well past 6, if that matters.

It is a fact that Yorba Linda is way closer to Ontario than the God-forsaken west side of LA.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:It is a fact that Yorba Linda is way closer to Ontario than the God-forsaken west side of LA.

You offering to host????

And actually, Sunday is out ... when we were talking about it, celebrating Mom's bday was going to be the other day. So when we set it for the 9th initially, the 10th was set for Mom's bday celebration.

So I wouldn't be able to make it on the 10th.

Plus, the late time leaves us more time to clean up!

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker

Boy, you stop showing up to a site for awhile and you don't even get auto-maybe status anymore. Sheesh.

So Coffeemate and I were talking and we might be willing to offer up the yard on the 9th if this turns into a daytime Saturday gig. Just another option.

And dagnabit...put us in on the maybe list!!!!!!

Edit: And we're in Long Beach.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

ddeuddeg

Just wondering: Is there a decision on this? Time, place, etc.

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Just wondering: Is there a decision on this? Time, place, etc.

Seems like that's kind of up to you. Saturday eve at Tim's, Sunday night at my place, of Sat night at merbill's I think have all been offered.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Just wondering: Is there a decision on this? Time, place, etc.

And we need to pin down when Tut moves north, along with whatever else I may be warehousing here for others that need to remind me of their remote holdings.

CT

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:Seems like that's kind of up to you. Saturday eve at Tim's, Sunday night at my place, of Sat night at merbill's I think have all been offered.

Tim has been silent on this lately, and I wasn't quite sure if merbill's post was actually an offer to host, since he didn't respond to Sparky's query on that. As it turns out, Saturday night is way better for us than Sunday, especially if Sparky's going to be harboring the Tut rj has for me, since Sparky's not available Sunday.
In any event, we like to think of ourselves as invited guests, and not ones who can dictate to a prospective gathering host what he should do.

merbill

ddeuddeg wrote:Tim has been silent on this lately, and I wasn't quite sure if merbill's post was actually an offer to host, since he didn't respond to Sparky's query on that. As it turns out, Saturday night is way better for us than Sunday, especially if Sparky's going to be harboring the Tut rj has for me, since Sparky's not available Sunday.
In any event, we like to think of ourselves as invited guests, and not ones who can dictate to a prospective gathering host what he should do.

If Sat night is the best for you, then it looks like my house is the place. Details to be figured out later.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Seems like that's kind of up to you. Saturday eve at Tim's, Sunday night at my place, of Sat night at merbill's I think have all been offered.

We had to wait for SWMBO to approve the gathering at Merbill's. Evidently, approval has been given!

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:We had to wait for SWMBO to approve the gathering at Merbill's. Evidently, approval has been given!

That would be correct. There will be very little planning since I'm going to be on the tour. It will be an "open house" - bring a dish if you want, bring some wine (preferably but not necessarily tour-related), and we'll nosh and talk the night away. Figure 5 pm to around 10 or so. Post your confirmation or regrets here, and I'll pm the address to those who need it. For planning purposes, we're a little over a mile NW from the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, with easy freeway access from the 91 or the 57.

Sparky, time to update the first post!

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:That would be correct. There will be very little planning since I'm going to be on the tour. It will be an "open house" - bring a dish if you want, bring some wine (preferably but not necessarily tour-related), and we'll nosh and talk the night away. Figure 5 pm to around 10 or so. Post your confirmation or regrets here, and I'll pm the address to those who need it. For planning purposes, we're a little over a mile NW from the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, with easy freeway access from the 91 or the 57.

Sparky, time to update the first post!

Done. Will need the address.

Oh, and I added for them to bring food with the dish. Otherwise with this group, we might bring the dish only.

Although maybe you meant for us to bring our own utensils too?

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:Done. Will need the address.

Oh, and I added for them to bring food with the dish. Otherwise with this group, we might bring the dish only.

Although maybe you meant for us to bring our own utensils too?

Empty dishes, if they're really nice, can be left behind.... We'll have some Costco food (whatever they couldn't sell that day and marked down), and if the weather's nice we'll spend some time out in the backyard deck area.

The theme is not "bring a bottle", it will be recounting the highlights of the rpm tour, for tourists and wannabees alike.

I've sent address PMs to the listed attendees and a couple others - losthighwayz +1 (Teefant) said they'd come, and it looks like Java and Coffeemate may be available. I don't know about time2testit, but I hope they can make it.

Sparky, it'd be nice if you brought some extra glasses and those charms, and maybe decanters too. And don't forget the monkeys! Thanks.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

Lost +1 are in.

"The older I get the better I was"