quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How important is cheese?
  • 4.9% - It is not important. 51
  • 13.4% - It is somewhat important. 140
  • 48.4% - It is very important. 505
  • 33.3% - There is nothing more important than cheese. 347
1043 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

If I wouldn't gain massive weight from eating too much of it, I'd live on it.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Finally, a Wine Woot poll that I don't have to guess the answer for. I don't drink wine, unless you count the white or marsalla wine I cook with (then, it's just a swig), or the holiday dessert wines (5% or below, please), so I never have an opinion about these polls and sometimes don't even know what they're asking, but cheese... I eat lots and lots of cheese. I eat cheese everyday. All kinds. From the fancy shmancy to that bag of yummy shredded Sargento 4 State Cheddar I just finished (that's some might fine supermarket cheddar-in-a-bag cheese. I eat hand fulls of it, right out of the bag.)

(too tired to continue this post. Hope I finished what I was trying to say. Too tired to proofread it. Sorry. The end.)

DaZoneRanger

delete me

jtmacc99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jtmacc99

Among the many interesting things that I've heard my vegan friends say is, "Humans are the only animals that consume the milk of other animals."

It is a fair point, and does sound kind of strange when you put it that way.

But then I thought, "If dogs could have mastered cheese making, do I think they would choose not to do so?" And the answer is, no. Because cheese is awesome.

edlada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edlada

How important is cheese? How important is breathing!

BTW, my two Labs love cheese and if they had thumbs I am sure they would be making mounds of it, because I don't share too much of my cheese with them, no matter how much they look at me with their big brown eys. They love bread too, so they would probably make cheese sandwiches. Lots and lots of cheese sandwiches.

My dogs like me, that is important.

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd
manhandsha wrote:If I wouldn't gain massive weight from eating too much of it, I'd live on it.

AMEN and A-men to that! And the sodium as well...sigh.

Current favorite: Dubliner by Kerrygold. Dry, sweet with a hint of nuttiness.
Mmmm. Must...eat...cheese.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Cheese is everything.
Well, so is beef. And... pork, beer, fresh corn, iced tea, fresh tomatoes, chicken, my wife's cornbread stuffing, tacos, sausages, the list goes on..........

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

the 4 food groups: pork, salt, cheese & onions

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

If you don't drink wine, why are you here?

DaZoneRanger wrote:Finally, a Wine Woot poll that I don't have to guess the answer for. I don't drink wine, unless you count the white or marsalla wine I cook with (then, it's just a swig), or the holiday dessert wines (5% or below, please), so I never have an opinion about these polls and sometimes don't even know what they're asking, but cheese... I eat lots and lots of cheese. I eat cheese everyday. All kinds. From the fancy shmancy to that bag of yummy shredded Sargento 4 State Cheddar I just finished (that's some might fine supermarket cheddar-in-a-bag cheese. I eat hand fulls of it, right out of the bag.)

(too tired to continue this post. Hope I finished what I was trying to say. Too tired to proofread it. Sorry. The end.)

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

For our anniversary, the missus got me a block of cheese with Nueske bacon in it. Yum.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
kmagt wrote:If you don't drink wine, why are you here?

Because of the cheese.
Plus the missus drinks wine. Just because I don't, doesn't mean I don't know others who do.

edlada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edlada

My wife just bought me a 2 pound chunk of genuine Swiss Emmentaler cheese today. She DOES love me!!

My dogs like me, that is important.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

Since I'm a Wisconsinite and there is a master cheesemaker as a distant relation, I felt obligated to choose the last answer. Though for myself, the previous option is probably more fitting, since I don't have as much cheese as I used to lately.

DaZoneRanger

kmagt wrote:If you don't drink wine, why are you here?

You might find this hard to believe, but WineWoot actually sells stuff other than wine! Cheese, salamis, chocolates, vinegars, oils... So there's that and I guess I like taking polls.

dgepb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgepb

Not nearly as important as bacon!

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla

Bacon is the only thing more important than cheese!

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla
dgepb wrote:Not nearly as important as bacon!

Good answer

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

1. "You've got no cheese in your
lives.
No cheese.
When there's no cheese, there's
no attack.
No attack, no victory.

Cheese! Cheese is what makes
men, men."

2. "I'll have to pick some up.
Anyway, where's Acky?"

1. "He's out on a mission for his
old man."

2. "A mission, sir?"

1. "He's at the store collecting
cheese."

Bonus points for knowing the movie.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)