WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Harvest Moon Estate Dry Gewurztraminer (5)

Speed to First Woot:
15m 20.117s
First Sucker:
Mightymax25
Last Wooter to Woot:
rtbvfr
Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Wine Woots
Top 34% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 40% of Wine Woots
Top 35% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 2% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 56% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 2% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 91% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
6%
0%
0%
2%
0%
4%
2%
4%
2%
6%
9%
4%
6%
6%
9%
0%
2%
4%
4%
6%
6%
6%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Harvest Moon Estate Dry Gewürztraminer 5-Pack
$69.99 $130.00 46% off List Price
2012 Harvest Moon Estate Dry Gewürztraminer, Russian River Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
3/10/14

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

My notes from last week.
Spoiler alert: I got a spoiled bottle.

I pulled this out of the fridge and popped the cork to find a wet streak had gone completely up both sides of the cork and slightly stained the foil. So I was bummed but figured I might as well try it out and take some notes and pics.

Color is a pale yellow, the wine is clear and free of any sediment or tartrate build up.
The nose is subdued with lemon curd and some floral notes that surprised me. The more specific floral notes that I picked up are mint and lavender. There is also something off in the nose as well that can be described as musk. Its not a citrus bomb but I would be interested in trying a well kept bottle to find out how big the citrus component is since the back of the bottle describes this wine as citrusy.

The wine is light bodied, crisp on the tongue and has some noticeable drying tannins in the finish which took me off guard. The overall balance of the wine seems good even though it feels like it was some how damaged either by heat or simply a bad cork. On the tongue the primary flavors are lemon and lavender with a slightly spicy component.

To repeat myself, I think this is a spoiled bottle and is not indicative of what the typical wine is like in some aspects. I feel like I might have really enjoyed it if not spoiled since I found the nose very interesting and I liked the weight and crispness of it. I would be interested to see what other folks have to say about this.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Randy, great to have you back!
No room for this one, but might be up at the winery in a couple weekends. Will the Pinot bubbly be ready by then? Although molarchae and the bachelorette party she was with this weekend apparently did some good damage to your stocks of LH Zin! I'm looking forward to tasting the 2005-09+2013. Now how do we complete the vertical with 2010-2012?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rmt0512

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmt0512

Off topic, yes, but allow me to be the first to say that I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't see a flashing light next to wine.woot. After the last week, my wallet is in agony.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
rmt0512 wrote:Off topic, yes, but allow me to be the first to say that I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't see a flashing light next to wine.woot. After the last week, my wallet is in agony.

There's always tomorrow!!!

CT

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Dry gewurz is a fantastic sipper on a warm summer afternoon and it also pairs very well with spicy asian food. It's like drinking liquid flowers!

I've still got a case and a half of Londer dry gewurz from their going out of business sale or I would be all over this. I generally like this type of wine fresh. This being a 2012, it should be fantastic.

rmt0512

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmt0512
cortot20 wrote:There's always tomorrow!!!

One day at a time. Small victories.

MoveoverCinderella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella
rmt0512 wrote:One day at a time. Small victories.

Oooooh....I hope so. I have been very good lately and running low on some bottles!! Fingers crossed.

Love it or leave it!

harvestmoonwinery

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harvestmoonwinery

The Pinot Bubbly is happily bubbling away. It'll be ready for the Holidays 2014.

I did not make Late Harvest Zin from 2010-2012. The 2013 is my new baby and boy is it tasty!

Thanks!
Randy

klezman wrote:Randy, great to have you back!
No room for this one, but might be up at the winery in a couple weekends. Will the Pinot bubbly be ready by then? Although molarchae and the bachelorette party she was with this weekend apparently did some good damage to your stocks of LH Zin! I'm looking forward to tasting the 2005-09+2013. Now how do we complete the vertical with 2010-2012?

harvestmoonwinery

Hey Wooters!

Randy from Harvest Moon here... This Estate Dry Gewurzt is truly DRY, crisp, clean and delicious. The vineyard is 40 years old and produces intense flavors and aromas. Floral, spicy, melon aromas followed by a light clean mouthfeel, this wine is only 12.5% which means REFRESHING during those HOT summer evenings. The finish has a citrusy-lemon zest, something a kin to a Pinot Gris.

This is not your typical tropically sweet Gewurzt.

Different dry and delicious... and at this price I'd recommend getting some.

Cheers,

Randy
Grower/Winemaker

This is my "go-to" wine while I garden.

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

I'm not much for whites, but...
Late Harvest Zin...Might we see that here?
Randy...too

harvestmoonwinery

We had a late harvest deal on a few months ago. Call the winery

randysanders wrote:I'm not much for whites, but...
Late Harvest Zin...Might we see that here?
Randy...too

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...solid summer sippers here- Have long been a fan of Harvest Moon's Gewürtz....

Thanks for joining us today Randy...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5

I'm primarily a red wine drinker, but Gewurztraminer is a great wine on the dry/spicy side that I find delicious. Great in Summer and Winter... and Spring and Fall!

Too bad I've already stocked up on enough of these!

daxe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daxe

I am fairly new to the world of wines and since I had never tried a Gewurztraminer I picked up this deal. I've read articles here and there about how you shouldnt age white wines as long as red wines and Ive found some "cheatsheets" for how long to age various types. None of these really go into any depth about Gewurztraminers. How long should one age a Gewurztraminer before enjoying it?