ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:???

I know you were asleep. But et tu?

My post asking about cellaring (which is the same as "drinking window") was before his post. So how was his technically first?????

Plus, I asked about Early Burgundy, which Cesare got a (You get a gold star.) for answering!!

No one wants to share? I'm trying to make room for the RPM Tour purchases, not need another locker!

I supposed I may have to go in on this ... since A) it's Scott and B) it's Scott. And C) I have no wine in the queue!

Edit: ALL CAPS IS MORE ANNOYING.

I'm the only one that read the book on wine.

Happy now? Look up.
Edit: Look on the first post of the thread.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

Hmmm, a rarely seen varietal, excellent cab vineyards, an "available for wooters-only" sale, and all made by Scott Harvey? I'm in!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

This offer gives me flashbacks to the Gazzi offers...which IMHO were outstanding QPR's so long as you enjoyed the style....

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

Any chance anyone is planning to put an inexpensive extra wine rack on sale in NYC Tri-state area? ;)

Until then, in for (only) 1. Really looking forward to try the Early Burgundy.

btphillips

ratnikov wrote:Any chance anyone is planning to put an inexpensive extra wine rack on sale in NYC Tri-state area? ;)

Here you go: Cheapest wine rack system (bottles/dollars) that I have come up with. Free Shipping too! Now there is no excuses!

http://www.atgstores.com/wine-racks/wine-cellar-innovations-rp-un-5col-rustic-pine-105-individual-bottle-rack-5-columns_g919567.html

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
ratnikov wrote:Any chance anyone is planning to put an inexpensive extra wine rack on sale in NYC Tri-state area? ;)

Life hack: The styrofoam shipping containers used for summer shipping do a pretty good job of regulating rapid temperature fluctuations and minor dampness when stashed in your crawl space or basement. They aren't pretty, but I've got about 10 of them stacked up in an interior corner of the basement which stays at a pretty decent temperature. They take well to notes with a Sharpie pen, to boot.

Jeremy9991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeremy9991

No Wisconsin shipping =

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
btphillips wrote:Here you go: Cheapest wine rack system (bottles/dollars) that I have come up with. Free Shipping too! Now there is no excuses!

http://www.atgstores.com/wine-racks/wine-cellar-innovations-rp-un-5col-rustic-pine-105-individual-bottle-rack-5-columns_g919567.html

Cheaper though your's looks a little nicer, and its not sold by amazon, so +1.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

SmilingBoognish

North316 wrote:...and its not sold by amazon, so +1.

Not so outrageous claim: Amazon Prime is the pinnacle of the internet. Seriously, it rocks.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Cheaper though your's looks a little nicer, and its not sold by amazon, so +1.

Amazon actually makes more money from 3rd party sales than they do from their own sales (on a percentage per sale basis).

chipgreen

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I would drink the Early Burgundy now. Jana and I have been enjoying it like you would a Pinot. Next comes the Napa CS. It is drinking well now with about three more years to its peak. The Lake County wine is well structured with high elevation tannins that will hold it for another ten years.

Last wooter to woot: chipgreen

Thanks, Scott - looking forward to trying these out and hope to see you and Jana again as part of this summer's RPM Tour.

bsevern

In for a set, and a good excuse to add an order of the Slingshot Napa cab for the office gulpers

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
SmilingBoognish wrote:Not so outrageous claim: Amazon Prime is the pinnacle of the internet. Seriously, it rocks.

You sound like a "prime" (yes, intended) customer for their new phone!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bsevern wrote:In for a set, and a good excuse to add an order of the Slingshot Napa cab for the office gulpers

Linky for the three people who didn't get the email...

btphillips

North316 wrote:Cheaper though your's looks a little nicer, and its not sold by amazon, so +1.

D'oh! you're right!
Wire rack: $1.17/bottle
Wood rack: $1.47/bottle

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
SmilingBoognish wrote:I think this answers my question, but I will ask specifically: Is it true that all three of these wines were bottled on 9/8/10 as it says in the specs? If so, was this done due to winemaking druthers or more for a commercial reason (the client deciding not to go forward with his project)?

These look like a really nice opportunity to enjoy a rare varietal and also some very nice cab. Thank you, as always, for your offerings and participation.

They were all bottled on the same day, because logistically it was easier. I was waiting for the client to get labels and he never did. The wines were getting past their window for bottling, so I went and bottled them with out labels. Then they sat in my warehouse for years before Drew talked me into offering them on Woot.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm the only one that read the book on wine.

Happy now? Look up.
Edit: Look on the first post of the thread.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
InFrom wrote:Linky for the three people who didn't get the email...

Didn't, and THANKS! It is one of those days when I miss the gifting option - want to ship some SH to a friend, but already ordered my max. (also wanted to gift some Slingshot)

chipgreen

woopdedoo wrote:Didn't, and THANKS! It is one of those days when I miss the gifting option - want to ship some SH to a friend, but already ordered my max. (also wanted to gift some Slingshot)

That's where a woopdedoo2 account would come in handy

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
chipgreen wrote:That's where a woopdedoo2 account would come in handy

I have resisted this option for all these years, but maybe today is the day ...

SmilingBoognish

InFrom wrote:You sound like a "prime" (yes, intended) customer for their new phone!

As a good Wooter, I'm a cheap boognish. Last time I bought a phone was 1999! I've been using a company paid for phone since then.

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I like the Lake County Cab the best of all three. It is from the Red Hills sub appellation. I have been making wine from the vineyard now for almost ten years. It is the Hawk and Horse Vineyard. Go to their website and take a look. The wines from this vineyard show great complexity and structure and have won many awards.
The offer should sell out fast, because there is only 30 cases of the Napa Cab. Although I would not mind if I got three bottles of the Red Hills cab instead.

I went for 3 offers so I think made a dent in your inventory !

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
btphillips wrote:Here you go: Cheapest wine rack system (bottles/dollars) that I have come up with. Free Shipping too! Now there is no excuses!

Even cheaper, the 15% discount just about wipes out the shipping, so holds 144 bottles for about $102!

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/144-bottle-black-tie-grid.asp

bsevern

And it's a wrap!

svwindom

quality posts: 10 Private Messages svwindom
SmilingBoognish wrote:Life hack: The styrofoam shipping containers used for summer shipping do a pretty good job of regulating rapid temperature fluctuations and minor dampness when stashed in your crawl space or basement. They aren't pretty, but I've got about 10 of them stacked up in an interior corner of the basement which stays at a pretty decent temperature. They take well to notes with a Sharpie pen, to boot.

I am astounded - I'm not the only one who does this! [ETA] But I haven't tried the Sharpie trick - ooh!

bharris0531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bharris0531

When will this actually ship please? Got a shipping notice on the 25th and it still shows nothing but submitted to fedex??

ThunderThighs

Staff

bharris0531 wrote:When will this actually ship please? Got a shipping notice on the 25th and it still shows nothing but submitted to fedex??

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bharris0531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bharris0531
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Thanks - it has been 2.5 weeks now hopefully soon!

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
bharris0531 wrote:Thanks - it has been 2.5 weeks now hopefully soon!

I am in the same situation, FedEx still shows:
Initiated - Shipment information sent to FedEx

When I checked this back in June it shows me an estimated delivery date (which is now in the past). I can only assume FedEx never received the shipment so they were forced to remove the estimate. It seems the wine has not yet been provided to FedEx.

I see 2-3 weeks note, however on my order it states:
Shipping Speed:Standard Summer (3-8 business days)

8 Business days from this 20-Jun offering was 3-Jul. I would expect some type of update from FedEx by now if they have the shipment, or a note to us the customers explaining the delay and setting a new shipment expectation.
I wrote in to Woot support about this and was told:

Very sorry for the confusion and mostly the delay, sometimes there is a conjoint flight when a package is delivered across the country please allow a few more days for the new update from FedEx to update, sorry for the inconvenience.

That was 2 days ago. Any help here is appreciated, again just want to know what to expect in terms of delivery.

ThunderThighs

Staff

As stated above, wine shipments take a bit longer. There's a lot of logistics going on behind the scenes.

In the summer, the wine shipments are timed and only ship out on Mon-Wed so they're not held over the weekend in a truck or storage facility.

I understand your impatience but you're getting a great wine and it will be worth the wait.

FORUM MODERATOR

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ryall12 wrote:I am in the same situation, FedEx still shows:
Initiated - Shipment information sent to FedEx

When I checked this back in June it shows me an estimated delivery date (which is now in the past). I can only assume FedEx never received the shipment so they were forced to remove the estimate. It seems the wine has not yet been provided to FedEx.

I see 2-3 weeks note, however on my order it states:
Shipping Speed:Standard Summer (3-8 business days)

8 Business days from this 20-Jun offering was 3-Jul. I would expect some type of update from FedEx by now if they have the shipment, or a note to us the customers explaining the delay and setting a new shipment expectation.
I wrote in to Woot support about this and was told:

Very sorry for the confusion and mostly the delay, sometimes there is a conjoint flight when a package is delivered across the country please allow a few more days for the new update from FedEx to update, sorry for the inconvenience.

That was 2 days ago. Any help here is appreciated, again just want to know what to expect in terms of delivery.

Hello, i'll check, but i presume you are in the midwest or east coast.

if so, wines in those regions are sent via a logistical infrastructure that focuses on safety above all. this process requires the use of refrigerated LTL trucks sent to strategically located small carrier hubs across the country. Your packages are dropped (at night) and are out for delivery the next or following day. This limits the exposure (and keeps costs reasonable compared to express service).

i'm happy to go into more detail. We started this in the summer of 2007 and have gotten pretty good at it (keeping wine safe). We recognize this takes a little longer due to consolidation of LTL freight. We refer to it as complimentary aging :-)

happy to discuss further.

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12
Winedavid39 wrote:
happy to discuss further.

Thank you for the response, I am on the east coast.

I just received an update from FedEx. The package was picked up in Sonoma CA on 9-Jul and is expected to be delivered on 11-Jul. Having delays are fine, the wine arriving in great condition is what matters
I was just noting it would be good to set proper expectations.
The large lag from shipment information being sent to FedEx (which happened sooner than I expected) to when the product was sent was concerning. I am sure the wine was properly stored between 25-Jun and 9-Jul so all should be good.