Der Frogger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Der Frogger

If you're going to pay for your Woot purchase with a debit from your checking account through PayPal (and probably other payment services), be aware that, even if Woot cancels the order immediately, PayPal holds your money and it is gone for 3-5 days. PayPal holds the refund ... or says a clearing house does. (Somebody's getting a bit of interest off your money.)

Yup, you can pay and have your money go out of your checking account immediately, but not get your refund from PayPal for days. Kind of defeats the purpose of using PayPal, doesn't it?

Sure, your transaction is relatively secure, but don't expect a quick refund if you change your mind about a purchase. Check with your bank and see what the policy is with a debit card. It can't be any worse than PayPal.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Der Frogger wrote:If you're going to pay for your Woot purchase with a debit from your checking account through PayPal (and probably other payment services), be aware that, even if Woot cancels the order immediately, PayPal holds your money and it is gone for 3-5 days. PayPal holds the refund ... or says a clearing house does. (Somebody's getting a bit of interest off your money.)

Yup, you can pay and have your money go out of your checking account immediately, but not get your refund from PayPal for days. Kind of defeats the purpose of using PayPal, doesn't it?

Sure, your transaction is relatively secure, but don't expect a quick refund if you change your mind about a purchase. Check with your bank and see what the policy is with a debit card. It can't be any worse than PayPal.

That's pretty standard policy for any form of online payment. If you use your credit card, the same applies.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cracktower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cracktower

If you can't part with money for a few days then perhaps you shouldn't buy things online

theonug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonug
Der Frogger wrote:If you're going to pay for your Woot purchase with a debit from your checking account through PayPal (and probably other payment services), be aware that, even if Woot cancels the order immediately, PayPal holds your money and it is gone for 3-5 days. PayPal holds the refund ... or says a clearing house does. (Somebody's getting a bit of interest off your money.)

Well if you can afford to be buyin stuff from here then you obviously afford to let it float around the internet in a cyber vault for a few days, am I right or am I right!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

PayPal works pretty good for me so far.

xarous

quality posts: 10 Private Messages xarous

Just bury your money in the backyard, that will teach them.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Eh, only had one bad experience. Closed down the main bank account mine was linked to, forgot to switch it to the new one and made a few payments. Paypal spazzed, so I just made a new account with my new bank account *shrugs* Their customer service is useless, but it's pretty easy to find ways around.

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~