Merlo Family Estate Pinot Noir 4-Pack
$59.99 $117.00 49% off List Price
2010 Pinot Noir, Trinity County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

~~~~ POTENTIAL 2014 RPM TOURISTS ~~~~

The rpm tour thread is heating up and deposits are being collected.

For those that earlier expressed interest, time to visit and confirm your interest, and make a deposit if you're planning on attending.
If you'll be unable to attend, let us know so others on the wait list can make their plans.

For those that were #47 or higher, we've had some drops and it's also time for you to check in and check your PM's.

The list should be opening up Tuesday, check in!

Hope to see you there.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

I've enjoyed all the R Merlo wines I've tried, including the 2008 vintage of this PN. Although I recall the oak treatment being a bit heavy, by day 2 it was nicely integrated. If this is similar, might be a good idea to decant or aerate.

I'd love to see another offer for the R Merlo Rosé of Syrah.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of June 16.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
6/28: SoCal unofficial gathering - cal Phil on the green 6/28 aka SoCal 33.5
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

July
7/5: Denver #5: VIP Visitors
7/26: SoCal #34 Irvine Wine Locker Raid

August
August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: NoVA/DC #30: Theme TBD

Summer
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...
TBD: SoCal #3?: San Diego/Lakeside

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
chipgreen wrote:I've enjoyed all the R Merlo wines I've tried, including the 2008 vintage of this PN. Although I recall the oak treatment being a bit heavy, by day 2 it was nicely integrated. If this is similar, might be a good idea to decant or aerate.

I too have enjoyed all the R Merlo wines I've tried (especially the Syrah) and including the 2008 vintage of this PN offered last June.

The write-up references differences between the '09 and '10 vintages. I don't recall seeing the 2009 offered here. Did I miss something?

How does the '10 compare to the '08?

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:
The write-up references differences between the '09 and '10 vintages. I don't recall seeing the 2009 offered here. Did I miss something?

The limited specs we have on the '08 and '10 are strikingly similar. I would have thought a greater difference between the two vintages, but would like to hear from the winery.
Agree too on the '08 PN, and have liked the other Syrah and Rosé offerings we've had.

CT

jordanpop1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordanpop1

Does anyone know how woot ships the wine? I live in Austin Texas and it can be a bit hot for wine delivery, especially if it sits out on the front porch. Thanks

rjquillin

jordanpop1 wrote:Does anyone know how woot ships the wine? I live in Austin Texas and it can be a bit hot for wine delivery, especially if it sits out on the front porch. Thanks

As you are required to sign for delivery of alcohol, how would this ~ever~ "sit out on the front porch"?

Ship to your local FedEx Office and P/U there.

CT

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

On the home page, there's a write up on how the wine is shipped with some extra care during the summer months.

jordanpop1 wrote:Does anyone know how woot ships the wine? I live in Austin Texas and it can be a bit hot for wine delivery, especially if it sits out on the front porch. Thanks

merlovineyards

quality posts: 11 Private Messages merlovineyards
chipgreen wrote:I've enjoyed all the R Merlo wines I've tried, including the 2008 vintage of this PN. Although I recall the oak treatment being a bit heavy, by day 2 it was nicely integrated. If this is similar, might be a good idea to decant or aerate.

Chipgreen, you are right on with the 08 vintage. The 10 is not as heavy with oak but does like to breath. I will see what I can do with another offer on the Syrah. In the meantime I hope you will try our 10 Pinot.

MFV

merlovineyards

pseudogourmet98 wrote:I too have enjoyed all the R Merlo wines I've tried (especially the Syrah) and including the 2008 vintage of this PN offered last June.

pseudogourmet,

The 10 vintage is going to be a bit lighter on the oak characteristics. We had much better conditions compared to 08 with all the smoke. I feel superior to the 08 vintages.

MFV

merlovineyards

Our wines are shipped via refrigerated carriers to all parts of the country.

MFV

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

I liked the 2008...could take a bottle or two of this from somebody in LA/SoCal.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

The only bottle i have had was the rose from last year which did not wow me. These look interesting but I am not buying for another month or two so maybe in a future woot-off I can get a split.

CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:I liked the 2008...could take a bottle or two of this from somebody in LA/SoCal.

One I'll give you, but only after you pay your deposit!
Perhaps two.

CT