Raised by Wolves Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$74.99 $161.00 53% off List Price
2011 Raised by Wolves Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

raisedbywolves

quality posts: 34 Private Messages raisedbywolves

Hey Wooters, let me know if you have any questions. Limited quantities available for this vintage.

Cheers,

Bill Davis

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

How many you grabbin', Fred?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione

Great grape from a nice region. This wine is reasonably structured but still has plenty of big fruit. If it were $15 per bottle, it would be an autobuy. As it is, I can't quite justify it tonight...

But if you're looking for a nice Cabernet, this is is a good one.

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22

2011: a challenging vintage for Washington:

Wine Spectator's vintage report says:

"It will be a year when consumers need to make decisions not just on [appellation], but on specific vineyards and specific wineries," said Bob Betz of Betz Family Wines.

Will be interesting to hear from the winery on how the harvest was on this one.

raisedbywolves

In the Columbia valley, we had a fairly late bud break and a cool, wet spring and early summer led to delayed flowering and reduced fruit set. With July, August and most of September being extremely hot we caught up on growing degree days, producing phenolic ripeness and flavor development with extraordinary natural acidity not overwhelming but balanced.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
raisedbywolves wrote:Hey Wooters, let me know if you have any questions. Limited quantities available for this vintage.

Cheers,

Bill Davis

If the Specs are correct, this is made from the exact same percentages of grapes from the same vineyards as the 2010, with the exact same cooperage and same 14.1% alc.

The pH was listed at 3.71 with TA of .057 for 2010, are those numbers also similar for the 2011 vintage?

raisedbywolves

chipgreen wrote:If the Specs are correct, this is made from the exact same percentages of grapes from the same vineyards as the 2010, with the exact same cooperage and same 14.1% alc.

The pH was listed at 3.71 with TA of .057 for 2010, are those numbers also similar for the 2011 vintage?

Chip,

I don't have the numbers on my phone and will update you in the morning when I get to the office. Thx

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Welllll hellooooo Beautiful

joellg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joellg
raisedbywolves wrote:Hey Wooters, let me know if you have any questions. Limited quantities available for this vintage.

Cheers,

Bill Davis

What are the chances of getting this direct delivered to MO, since woot wont deliver to MO anymore?
Thanks
Joel

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

Cheers,

Bill Davis

Love love love your wines and really love it when Woot has it$$! Question is how is the shipping to Florida handled as it is hot here already. 90 degrees hot. I would hate to order it only to have it bad when it gets here from being on a truck from one corner of the country to the opposite.

It's like whoa!

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

These wines are generally great(2009 and 2010) and were always an autobuy.

They were usually 6 for $99. Why the price increase?

First taxes, now this.

I hate to complain but: Amazon is slowly sucking the life out of this place.....

Is it broke or just fractured?

raisedbywolves

wmaincmt wrote:Love love love your wines and really love it when Woot has it$$! Question is how is the shipping to Florida handled as it is hot here already. 90 degrees hot. I would hate to order it only to have it bad when it gets here from being on a truck from one corner of the country to the opposite.

Actually, have clarified that it’s not necessarily 2-day air, but we’re working with WineDavid to ensure that the wine gets there safely in spite of the season. The bigger issue, as Kyle has pointed out, is there is a very limited supply of this wine- and the fruit costs on the ’11 are the highest they’ve been on this Cabernet.

A great deal compared to what we sell it for at the winery/tasting room. You won’t be disappointed

wmaincmt

raisedbywolves wrote:2 day air.

Done! Order placed....can't wait.

It's like whoa!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
rlmanzo wrote:These wines are generally great(2009 and 2010) and were always an autobuy.

They were usually 6 for $99. Why the price increase?

First taxes, now this.

I hate to complain but: Amazon is slowly sucking the life out of this place.....

Winery said limited amount for this vintage. Supply and demand and all.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dieziege

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dieziege

No Stoneridge fruit this time around, eh?

raisedbywolves

dieziege wrote:No Stoneridge fruit this time around, eh?

Unfortunately not, we have contracted everything with Charles Smith and he has an exclusive on the Cabernet and Syrah.

chipgreen

raisedbywolves wrote:Chip,

I don't have the numbers on my phone and will update you in the morning when I get to the office. Thx

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the numbers.

Mishko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mishko

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 vintage (Walla Walla Valley) so much that we bought 2 1/2 cases throughout 2012 when it was offered here multiple times.

I would love to grab this deal, but unsure how we would like the Columbia Valley version. Elements we look for in WA cabs: bold, spice, dark fruit, tannic, chewy, long finish, goes well with a medium-rare filet mignon. ;)

I see the write-up has some keywords that tug at my wallet, but the price point is a bit higher than before (I understand the "limited quantities"; there's also a new baby in the house now, so funds need to be allocated accordingly). Anybody want to tip me over the edge??

raisedbywolves

chipgreen wrote:If the Specs are correct, this is made from the exact same percentages of grapes from the same vineyards as the 2010, with the exact same cooperage and same 14.1% alc.

The pH was 3.71 with TA of .057 for 2010, are those numbers also similar for the 2011 vintage?

TA: 0.59 g/100 ml, pH: 3.62, Alcohol: 14.1

chipgreen

raisedbywolves wrote:TA: 0.59 g/100 ml, pH: 3.62, Alcohol: 14.1

Thanks again, I see what you mean about the elevated acidity for the 2011 vintage. Looks like pH was affected more so than TA.

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos
wmaincmt wrote:Done! Order placed....can't wait.

+1

sherman44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherman44

Cheers,

Bill Davis

When will my wine be delivered? It's been13 days since I ordered it. Shouldn't I have it by nmow?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sherman44 wrote:When will my wine be delivered? It's been13 days since I ordered it. Shouldn't I have it by nmow?

Wine shipments usually take 2-3 weeks to ship.

If you don't see any tracking by next week, please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

You can read more about Wine Shipping here: Wine.Woot FAQ

wmaincmt

So I received tracking on 6/18 and still no wine. It says it hasn't even left yet. What's up woot?

It's like whoa!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wmaincmt wrote:So I received tracking on 6/18 and still no wine. It says it hasn't even left yet. What's up woot?

Not unusual, especially in the summer.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wmaincmt

ThunderThighs wrote:Not unusual, especially in the summer.

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Thank you for the prompt response. You rock!

It's like whoa!

ThunderThighs

Staff

wmaincmt wrote:Thank you for the prompt response. You rock!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sherman44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherman44

[MOD EDIT: Wine shipping can typically take up to 3-4 weeks. Please see the Woot FAQ for further details: Wine.Woot FAQ. If you have a concern about your order, please email into support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions you might have]

trevindalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton

Argh. Not only did my order of 12 total bottles of RBW Cab arrive warm at my office in Washington, DC (understandable it is July), but only 11 bottles showed up. Sadly, woot's customer service is horrendous and I can't get any feedback-- have tried the website tool and through twitter. Does anyone know an easier way to get through to them?

ThunderThighs

Staff

trevindalton wrote:Argh. Not only did my order of 12 total bottles of RBW Cab arrive warm at my office in Washington, DC (understandable it is July), but only 11 bottles showed up. Sadly, woot's customer service is horrendous and I can't get any feedback-- have tried the website tool and through twitter. Does anyone know an easier way to get through to them?

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll put you on my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR

trevindalton

Thanks!

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll put you on my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

trevindalton

Still no word from woot customer service...

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll put you on my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

trevindalton wrote:Still no word from woot customer service...

I send my report at the end of the day. They should get to it today.

FORUM MODERATOR