WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

DuNah Tre Cuvee Chardonnay Vertical (4)

Speed to First Woot:
25m 40.441s
First Sucker:
thomasgeorgeblake
Last Wooter to Woot:
Ptwilliams
Last Purchase:
2 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 33% of Wine Woots
Top 32% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Top 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 6% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 13% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 57% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 6% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 8% one year old
  • 85% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 77% bought 1
  • 23% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
0%
2%
2%
0%
2%
4%
2%
8%
8%
13%
8%
8%
6%
2%
2%
2%
6%
4%
2%
6%
8%
4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare

DuNah Tre Cuvée Sonoma Coast Chardonnay Vertical 4-Pack
$59.99 $111.00 46% off List Price
2005 DuNah Tre Cuvée Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
2006 DuNah Tre Cuvée Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
2007 DuNah Tre Cuvée Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
2008 DuNah Tre Cuvée Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Seriously? None of you have ANYTHING to say? Not one word?

//marks this day on calendar



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20


quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20
ThunderThighs wrote:Seriously? None of you have ANYTHING to say? Not one word?

//marks this day on calendar



The deal is still young........

CT

AVNGME


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AVNGME

Has anyone had these yet? If so how much oak are on these? My palate has been changing so I prefer my chardonnay with the least amount of oak possible. The buttery finish just does not do it so much for me anymore

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
AVNGME wrote:Has anyone had these yet? If so how much oak are on these? My palate has been changing so I prefer my chardonnay with the least amount of oak possible. The buttery finish just does not do it so much for me anymore



DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
DuNahWinery wrote:



The oak is quite subtly integrated with the use of Latour barrels and there is no oaky finish. The barrels are 1/3 new, 1/3 1 year, and 1/3 2 years old. This is not a California style Chard.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

I have had some of their reds, fantastic juice! These sound just as good. I may need to break my SIWBM.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
DuNahWinery wrote:The oak is quite subtly integrated with the use of Latour barrels and there is no oaky finish. The barrels are 1/3 new, 1/3 1 year, and 1/3 2 years old. This is not a California style Chard.

These are actually sounding interesting.
Could you provide some additional lab notes for the woot geeks that like to see pH, TA, RS and other benchmarks that help us, when lacking trusted TN's, better understand what we may be purchasing?

It's nice to see older verticals like this. How are they drinking now, and where do you see them going in x-years?

CT

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery

100% French oak!
We don't like oaky wines either. Thus, we don't make them. The difference comes from the skills of our winemaker, Greg La Follette, who has been our only winemaker from day one. These wines are made with true Burgundian technique.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
rjquillin wrote:These are actually sounding interesting.
Could you provide some additional lab notes for the woot geeks that like to see pH, TA, RS and other benchmarks that help us, when lacking trusted TN's, better understand what we may be purchasing?

It's nice to see older verticals like this. How are they drinking now, and where do you see them going in x-years?



+1

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
bdlsmoran wrote:+1



Typical chem data:
Alc 14.2%
pH 3.59 TA 5.92g/L
Acetic Acid 0.53ppm
FSO2 31ppm
Malic acid 0.070ppm
glucose 0.41g/L
fructose 1.52g/L
CO2 890mg/L

(Our wines, both red & white, undergo 100% wild yeast primary & Malic fermentations.)

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
bdlsmoran wrote:+1



They drink well now. I drink the 2005 daily. Drank some 2003 from a magnum a month ago and it was excellent. The wines hold up very well because we don't fool around with them chemically. All natural! The older ones color intensity increases a bit, but I would guess they will be good another 5 years or more. Remember, we're just kids. Our first wines came out in 2001.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

i had a lot of fun tasting this wine. a quality chard with age. a real treat.

Thanks for joining us!

WD

thehumpster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehumpster

I love trying Chardonnays not readily available to me; it's a pity Woot and the wineries stopped shipping to Tennessee even though they legally can. I asked and they said it was an Amazon thing. Probably a backroom deal with the good ol boys since Amazon has so many warehouses here now.

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery

Hey Wooters, this is Rick DuNah. A bit of background! The Mrs. & I founded DuNah Winery in 2000. We were new to farming (except for the 50% prayer part) after spending 45 years together in the Silicon Valley electronics industry founding & selling 2 companies. After relocating to Sonoma County we spent 2 years at the local JC learning viticulture and enology before planting Pinot Noir & Chardonnay in the Sebastopol Hills, where virtually no one had previously grown grapes. It was in prior times considered too cold a climate. However, it is perfect for Pinot & Chard; warm days, cold nights, great soil, no frost, light ocean breezes, 35 inches of rain per year, etc. Now the area is known as the “Golden Triangle” of the Russian River Valley appellation. Our initial Pinot went to Flowers Winery through 2003. And then everything went to DuNah Winery after that. As they say, the rest is history. Thankfully, and with gratitude!. Please enjoy the wines.

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
thehumpster wrote:I love trying Chardonnays not readily available to me; it's a pity Woot and the wineries stopped shipping to Tennessee even though they legally can. I asked and they said it was an Amazon thing. Probably a backroom deal with the good ol boys since Amazon has so many warehouses here now.



Mr Humpster, contact us directly and we'll see what we can do, if anything. Rick D.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
DuNahWinery wrote:Mr Humpster, contact us directly and we'll see what we can do, if anything. Rick D.

This is the kind of winery participation that really gets ones' attention!

Kudos.

CT

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
DuNahWinery wrote:Hey Wooters, this is Rick DuNah. A bit of background! The Mrs. & I founded DuNah Winery in 2000. We were new to farming (except for the 50% prayer part) after spending 45 years together in the Silicon Valley electronics industry founding & selling 2 companies. After relocating to Sonoma County we spent 2 years at the local JC learning viticulture and enology before planting Pinot Noir & Chardonnay in the Sebastopol Hills, where virtually no one had previously grown grapes. It was in prior times considered too cold a climate. However, it is perfect for Pinot & Chard; warm days, cold nights, great soil, no frost, light ocean breezes, 35 inches of rain per year, etc. Now the area is known as the “Golden Triangle” of the Russian River Valley appellation. Our initial Pinot went to Flowers Winery through 2003. And then everything went to DuNah Winery after that. As they say, the rest is history. Thankfully, and with gratitude!. Please enjoy the wines.



Hey Rick,

Thank you for participating. I had the 2004 DuNah Montre and it was fantastic. I did not realize until now that was your inaugural vintage. I am sure your Chardonnay’s are just as good. I am so close to breaking my SIWBM. How do these compare to the Dedee’s Vineyard?

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery

[quote postid="5808039" user="bdlsmoran"]

Same quality but a reflection of different vineyards & clones. The Tre Cuvee has more minerality and is a bit crisper. It appears to many as more Burgundian.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
DuNahWinery wrote:[quote postid="5808039" user="bdlsmoran"]

Same quality but a reflection of different vineyards & clones. The Tre Cuvee has more minerality and is a bit crisper. It appears to many as more Burgundian.



Thank you -- that's exactly what I wanted to hear, I think you pushed me over.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
bdlsmoran wrote:Thank you -- that's exactly what I wanted to hear, I think you pushed me over.



Pushed the big gold button!

rpm


quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm

This is an interesting set of Chardonnays - 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. There does seem to be a house style, and there is oak. Not overwhelming, but it's definitely there.

It's hard to do a really full tasting on 4 Chardonnays, so I'll limit myself to fairly short notes:

2005 - I can see why this is the daily drinker for the bossman. It's drinking well, has nice aroma, good flavor, some complexity, good integration and a nice, fairly long finish. Quite a nice wine.

2006 - Quite similar to the 2005, but perhaps even better in a year or so. Drinking well and somewhat more complex. not quite as long a finish.

2007 - A little leaner than the 2005 or 2006, or should I say tighter. Aromas and flavors characteristic, the oak a little more noticeable. Longish finish.

2008 - Some offish aromas in this one, off flavors as well. Noticeable alcohol, oak My least favorite. Could well be an off bottle and not at all consistent with the other wines. I can't really evaluate the 2008 based on this bottle

This is a good value IMHO at $15 per, or even at $20 per. Very solid Chardonnay, with the sort of oak levels you'd expect in a good named village white Burgundy (other than Chablis) a level above the sort of simple village white Burgundies you see for $15-20 here on the East Coast. A sweet spot.

The wines are clearly developing nicely, and I'd think the 2005 is good for another 5+ years, with the 2006 and 2007 good for up to a decade. If you want to wait, which you might well not.

The Russian River Valley and associated Sonoma Coast areas are producing some very nice, not overly expensive Chardonnay these days.

If you like Chardonnay, this is a good choice to try.

Edit
SWMBO home and tasted all 4 without any input from me.

Her favorite is the 2005, with the 2006 close behind. She thought the 2007 not quite ready and the 2008 not right.


Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

DuNahWinery


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DuNahWinery
rpm wrote:This is an interesting set of Chardonnays - 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. There does seem to be a house style, and there is oak. Not overwhelming, but it's definitely there.

It's hard to do a really full tasting on 4 Chardonnays, so I'll limit myself to fairly short notes:

2005 - I can see why this is the daily drinker for the bossman. It's drinking well, has nice aroma, good flavor, some complexity, good integration and a nice, fairly long finish. Quite a nice wine.

2006 - Quite similar to the 2005, but perhaps even better in a year or so. Drinking well and somewhat more complex. not quite as long a finish.

2007 - A little leaner than the 2005 or 2006, or should I say tighter. Aromas and flavors characteristic, the oak a little more noticeable. Longish finish.

2008 - Some offish aromas in this one, off flavors as well. Noticeable alcohol, oak My least favorite. Could well be an off bottle and not at all consistent with the other wines. I can't really evaluate the 2008 based on this bottle

This is a good value IMHO at $15 per, or even at $20 per. Very solid Chardonnay, with the sort of oak levels you'd expect in a good named village white Burgundy (other than Chablis) a level above the sort of simple village white Burgundies you see for $15-20 here on the East Coast. A sweet spot.

The wines are clearly developing nicely, and I'd think the 2005 is good for another 5+ years, with the 2006 and 2007 good for up to a decade. If you want to wait, which you might well not.

The Russian River Valley and associated Sonoma Coast areas are producing some very nice, not overly expensive Chardonnay these days.

If you like Chardonnay, this is a good choice to try.

Edit
SWMBO home and tasted all 4 without any input from me.

Her favorite is the 2005, with the 2006 close behind. She thought the 2007 not quite ready and the 2008 not right.



Thanks RPM! Appreciate the positive in depth review! The wines are long lived. I think this is due to the "no foolin' around" purity derived from the outstanding quality of the vineyards and the wine making expertise & techniques of our winemaker Greg La Follette.
Cheers and Thanks, Rick & Diane D.

neilfindswine


quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...happy we were able to twist Rick's arm and get him to offer up this vertical. I've been a fan of winemaker Greg LaFollette since I tried an early Flowers ('99 I think?) Pinot...

Thanks Rick for spending some time with us today and for these great Chards. I had the '05 last week. Delicious...and nearly 10 years old!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

chipgreen


quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen

How about a Q.P. for RPM?

mproulx49


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49

Ok, this was just to tempting to pass up. Just hope it doesn't get cooked getting here to Arizona , 105 to 107 for the foreseeable future.
Hope summer shipping starts soon.

cortot20


quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.

CT