bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Hello all. I'm attending a convention in SF in three weeks and plan to spend 4-5 days in Sonoma to visit some wineries. I've never been there so I'd like some suggestions. Possibilities are Wellington (of course), VJB, Benziger, Iron Horse, J. Rickards, Pride, and Kunde. We want a nice experience (tours, informational tastings, picnic, etc.). We're renting a cottage in Glen Ellen. Any suggestions, especially for Woot-friendly locations, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

I would try the Google custom search box. There are many threads addressing this. Just off the top of my head:
Wellington
Ty Caton
VJB
Keating
Schug
Iron Horse
Siduri/Novy
David Family
Meeker
Hawley
Pedroncelli
Dutcher Crossing
Dry Creek Vineyard
Teldeschi
Roche
Sebastiani
R^2 (the Roesslers)
Kunde
and the list goes on...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bolligra

klezman wrote:I would try the Google custom search box. There are many threads addressing this. Just off the top of my head:
Wellington
Ty Caton
VJB
Keating
Schug
Iron Horse
Siduri/Novy
David Family
Meeker
Hawley
Pedroncelli
Dutcher Crossing
Dry Creek Vineyard
Teldeschi
Roche
Sebastiani
R^2 (the Roesslers)
Kunde
and the list goes on...

Thanks, Klez. I was able to find a couple of postings that will help, along with your suggestions. Looking forward to it!

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
bolligra wrote:Thanks, Klez. I was able to find a couple of postings that will help, along with your suggestions. Looking forward to it!

I would add inspiration and buena vista to the list.

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Ill post more later but Sonoma is my favorite region, particularly Russian River Valley, Alexander Valley, and Dry creek Valley appellations. So will focus on these. You need to make time for RRV if anything for its sheer beauty, especially where the river meets the pacific ocean (city of jenner-have dinner at rivers end)

"The older I get the better I was"

bolligra

Thanks Corto and Lost, good suggestions.

lulzzles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lulzzles

We used to rent a house on the Kunde property quite a few years back. Definitely would recommend a trip there, it's beautiful. And I agree with all suggestions already given. Have fun!