MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away Folks!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab

cjsiege wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of June 8.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: SoCal #35: San Diego/Lakeside

July
7/5: Denver #?: VIP Visitors

August
August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: NoVA/DC #30: Theme TBD

Summer
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." - Derek Zoo(Zin)lander

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Work switched to a new Learning Resource System. And it isn't working like it should. And classes started today. Awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chipgreen wrote:"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." - Derek Zoo(Zin)lander

I love that movie!!!

mommadeb1

Proud mommy moment!!! My son, who is just finished 8th grade, passed his certification for Solid Works, a computer program thingy.... that some adults can't pass!!!! And, he is the first kid EVER to get certified in his school!!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Proud mommy moment!!! My son, who is just finished 8th grade, passed his certification for Solid Works, a computer program thingy.... that some adults can't pass!!!! And, he is the first kid EVER to get certified in his school!!!!

Yippee, mommadeb!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Proud mommy moment!!! My son, who is just finished 8th grade, passed his certification for Solid Works, a computer program thingy.... that some adults can't pass!!!! And, he is the first kid EVER to get certified in his school!!!!

Thingie!?
It's a CAD modeling package.
Geeze.

CT

rjquillin

Three zip.
Hope it gets more interesting.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Thingie!?
Geeze.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Work switched to a new Learning Resource System. And it isn't working like it should. And classes started today. Awesome.

I didn't know you were back to work.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Three zip.

The first period was the most exciting. After that it became pretty predictable.

CT

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:

List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Also, keep in mind there is an unofficial gathering at the calphil at the Santa Anita track on the 28th. See details in the gathering thread.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Just noticed the pub's title...starring Stillman and Stai...do you know something we don't?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Three zip.

As if the blood pressure didn't raise from the OT in Game 1 and the double OT in Game 2?

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Just noticed the pub's title...starring Stillman and Stai...do you know something we don't?

Nope. Nosirree bob. Actually no. I just used Swilly because it's almost Stiller, and threw in Jeff because Twiste Oak is always on Wine.Woot, somewhere!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:As if the blood pressure didn't raise from the OT in Game 1 and the double OT in Game 2?

Exactly!

G3 was entirely too boring.
We need another 7G+OT series.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Exactly!

G3 was entirely too boring.
We need another 7G+OT series.

Did you at least enjoy Quick standing on his head.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Geeze.

I frequently want to punch CAD techs. Oh, you mean you didn't put that in some kind of real world coordinate? Soooooo....I can't consume it without a poopy load of crap work. Thanks asshat. Really, it can't be that hard to export from whatever the hell coordinate system your engineers asked for into State Plane or UTM. It just can't be!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

bhodilee wrote:I frequently want to punch CAD techs. Oh, you mean you didn't put that in some kind of real world coordinate? Soooooo....I can't consume it without a poopy load of crap work. Thanks asshat. Really, it can't be that hard to export from whatever the hell coordinate system your engineers asked for into State Plane or UTM. It just can't be!

If the end user explains up front what the final product will be used for or uploaded into the end user usually gets what he asks for. If you leave it up to the CAD tech then you get what ever is easiest for them. (Speaking as a CAD tech) so as always, it's all your fault.

CT

bahwm

Urg! Just went out to water the pretty flowers and noticed that we have some sort of new addition to the house--either a hornet's nest or a wasp nest. It's on the second floor gutter. . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:I didn't know you were back to work.

This is my third semester teaching online. I have two classes this summer.

And the frustration with the transition to this new system continues. It took me probably 8 hours to set up my two classrooms. It used to take me about an hour.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:
And the frustration with the transition to this new system continues. It took me probably 8 hours to set up my two classrooms. It used to take me about an hour.

Progress!

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:This is my third semester teaching online. I have two classes this summer.

I can't imaging teaching online--esp with my course! I made a recording for one of our SDP actors who needs to speak some pretty good French in Henry V. Apparently. He needs some personal tutoring. Gotta meet with him Thurs evening. Opening night is next Thursday! 😧

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:If the end user explains up front what the final product will be used for or uploaded into the end user usually gets what he asks for. If you leave it up to the CAD tech then you get what ever is easiest for them. (Speaking as a CAD tech) so as always, it's all your fault.

When you're dealing with spatial data it helps to use a real world coordinate system. If you're creating a CAD model of a center pivot, I don't care. If it's a water line between two towns, probably gonna need that on a map at some point. If the designer takes into account the type of project they're designing they can frequently head off problems before they become problems, speaking as a cartographer ;-)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

mommadeb1

Geeze.

hey, I'm only the mom cut me some slack

cortot20

bhodilee wrote:When you're dealing with spatial data it helps to use a real world coordinate system. If you're creating a CAD model of a center pivot, I don't care. If it's a water line between two towns, probably gonna need that on a map at some point. If the designer takes into account the type of project they're designing they can frequently head off problems before they become problems, speaking as a cartographer ;-)

As a professional cartographer do you drive the Bing car or the google car with the camera on top?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:As a professional cartographer do you drive the Bing car or the google car with the camera on top?

He must drive the Bing car, the Google car drives itself.

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Finished off the
2003 Muir-Hanna Cabernet Sauvignon Particelli Vineyard
some
2012 St. Supéry Vineyards Moscato
for the young ladies that just graduated H.S.
1993 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
with some outstanding grilled grass fed fillet Mignon
2012 Prager Winery and Port Works Riesling Sweet Claire Late Harvest
for dessert, oh and some
2010 Iron Horse Vineyards Wedding Cuvée
'cause I finally got married today.

Younger daughter manning the camera, elder daughter and husband, two GD's, wife and myself.

X-posted from the WAYDT thread for you pub folks who don't come out for air to often.

CT

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:This is my third semester teaching online. I have two classes this summer.

I'm glad you are able to bring a little cash in and not get too bored at home. What are you going to do once kid#2 arrives?

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:X-posted from the WAYDT thread for you pub folks who don't come out for air to often.

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam ... And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva ... So tweasure your wuv.

Have you the wing?

Man an' wife

Happy Wedding Day to RJ and his blushing Bride!!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Happy Wedding Day to RJ and his blushing Bride!!!!

She would be Keiko, and the red is the wine.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
cortot20 wrote:X-posted from the WAYDT thread for you pub folks who don't come out for air to often.

Well, that is grand! Congrats!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

The RPM historical Wine tour thread has picked up activity. The deposit information is up, so people can actually pay.

My request (and mine alone; I am not RPM, Woop, RJ, or Sparky) is that y'all please reconfirm your interest ASAP to MdS and/or RJ. There are lots of people on the waiting list who would like to go, but they don't yet know if there will be space. Please respond.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

x-post from the Tour thread...

RPM Magical History Tour general update:

Lodging...
The SVI has the rooms held until July 4.
EPI we think until June 22.

Per those at a higher pay grade than me, as I'm free;
I believe the tour reservation/confirmation/deposit process may open up in some yet-to-be-defined way on the 17th.

• If you are bold you're golden.
  • If you are italic, a deposit would make you gold.
  • If you still have interest, and are neither of the above, speak up!

Not sure exactly what the process will be, but it will open up in some way to those not in the current 43 person cut, beginning with those not italic.

Speak up (potential) tourists.
Currently we're just under 50% deposit paid.

CT

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:The RPM historical Wine tour thread has picked up activity. The deposit information is up, so people can actually pay.

My request (and mine alone; I am not RPM, Woop, RJ, or Sparky) is that y'all please reconfirm your interest ASAP to MdS and/or RJ. There are lots of people on the waiting list who would like to go, but they don't yet know if there will be space. Please respond.

+1

Please confirm and/or pay the deposit as quickly as possible. I know they would like to have deposits by this weekend, but if you can't until next week, please post it in the RPM thread.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:x-post from the Tour thread...

RPM Magical History Tour general update:

Lodging...
The SVI has the rooms held until July 4.
EPI we think until June 22.

Per those at a higher pay grade than me, as I'm free;
I believe the tour reservation/confirmation/deposit process may open up in some yet-to-be-defined way on the 17th.
  • If you are bold you're golden.
  • If you are italic, a deposit would make you gold.
  • If you still have interest, and are neither of the above, speak up!

Not sure exactly what the process will be, but it will open up in some way to those not in the current 43 person cut, beginning with those not italic.

Speak up (potential) tourists.
Currently we're just under 50% deposit paid.

I am trying to read through the thread to see what the situation is. Not having access the past week or so got me behind. I did not find anything about the deposit, other than responses on the topic. So not clear who wants it, but looks like by early next week. Also see info on the hotel. Kind of hard to find information in the middle of a multi-page thread.

So a request, can someone start a clean thread now that we have a tour with information. Otherwise, I will catch up when I can and either get enough info to make a decision, or just miss the cut-off. I prefer to make the decision, so if no, others have more time to try to arrange to make it.

EDIT: I think I have it. Hotel on page 10. Deposit on page 12. Any other posts I need to search for with information key to the tour?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:As a professional cartographer do you drive the Bing car or the google car with the camera on top?

I've seen the Google car around and about. Weird looking thing it is. I drive neither.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:I am trying to read through the thread to see what the situation is. Not having access the past week or so got me behind. I did not find anything about the deposit, other than responses on the topic. So not clear who wants it, but looks like by early next week. Also see info on the hotel. Kind of hard to find information in the middle of a multi-page thread.

So a request, can someone start a clean thread now that we have a tour with information. Otherwise, I will catch up when I can and either get enough info to make a decision, or just miss the cut-off. I prefer to make the decision, so if no, others have more time to try to arrange to make it.

EDIT: I think I have it. Hotel on page 10. Deposit on page 12. Any other posts I need to search for with information key to the tour?

RPM posted about budget info.

Or you can just see the first post in the thread that has those links (budget, hotel, & Deposit info) in it.

Edit: There's been no other info yet, but as it occurs, I'll add a link to the first post at the top.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:RPM posted about budget info.

Or you can just see the first post in the thread that has those links (budget, hotel, & Deposit info) in it.

I should have looked. I even thought "I wish they would change the first post." Should have realized that you would. Thanks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar