WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Portlandia Oregon White/Red (4)

Speed to First Woot:
12m 9.443s
First Sucker:
ellcap
Last Wooter to Woot:
cosmosis
Last Purchase:
2 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Wine Woots
Top 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 37% of Wine Woots
Top 36% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 17% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 56% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 4% one month old
  • 4% one year old
  • 91% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
2%
2%
0%
4%
4%
0%
13%
4%
13%
2%
9%
9%
7%
2%
4%
4%
2%
0%
2%
2%
4%
0%
7%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1585 Private Messages Cesare

Portlandia Oregon White/Red 4-Pack
$69.99 $125.00 44% off List Price
2011 Portlandia Oregon Pinot Noir
2012 Portlandia Oregon Pinot Noir
2013 Portlandia Oregon Pinot Gris
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coolchris160


quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

It's the pope's hat!

Are there any notes from anyone who might have been visited by a Woot monkey?

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Shame the Pinot Gris wasn't Chardonnay, that would be a great four pack!

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:Shame the Pinot Gris wasn't Chardonnay, that would be a great four pack!


I thought it was for a second....



pseudogourmet98


quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

From the write-up: "Starting Friday, 90 Point Portlandia Pinot Pack will go on sale for the weekend."

Does this mean there will be no more Saturday and Sunday offers?

DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine

Hi, it's Damian Davis, owner of Portlandia Vintners. The gig for our Portlandia wine ends today. I'm sure there will be other wines over the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on any of our Portlandia Pinots. Cheers.

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Hi Damian..why the splash of syrah in the 2011? I'm generally not a fan of the syrah added to pinot noir thing, my thoughts are it used as a band aid on a wine that didn't meet expectations.

I did see you got a nice review from Wine Enthusiast on the wine:

2011 Portlandia Pinot Noir
Winery: Portlandia
Alcohol: 13.6%
Production: 1,500 cases
Bottle Size: 750 ml
Category: Red
To Web: 2/1/2014
by Paul Gregutt
This new entry into the value-wine sweepstakes is a pretty rose color, offering clean, light scents of wild berry and milk chocolate. Flavors are gently spicy with a malty finish.
— (2/1/2014) — 87

Edited my comment to ask the winery a question

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:I thought it was for a second....

My first blurry eyed thought as well; Clark Smith!?
But then the boards didn't light up...

CT

confusedemmy


quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

My, you're up early for the West coast, wine rep!

I would like to know the aging info on the 2012 PN... it is listed for the 2011 but the 2012 doesn't have the same info.

DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine
kaolis wrote:Hi Damian..why the splash of syrah in the 2011? I'm generally not a fan of the syrah added to pinot noir thing, my thoughts are it used as a band aid on a wine that didn't meet expectations.

I did see you got a nice review from Wine Enthusiast on the wine:

2011 Portlandia Pinot Noir
Winery: Portlandia
Alcohol: 13.6%
Production: 1,500 cases
Bottle Size: 750 ml
Category: Red
To Web: 2/1/2014
by Paul Gregutt
This new entry into the value-wine sweepstakes is a pretty rose color, offering clean, light scents of wild berry and milk chocolate. Flavors are gently spicy with a malty finish.
— (2/1/2014) — 87

Edited my comment to ask the winery a question



The splash of Syrah was for color. 2011 was a leaner year than 2012. The fruit was quite good, we just thought it could use the color.

DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine

Sorry, I am flying West and just got hooked up with GoGo (first flight had no wifi).

There are a few additional reviews on the 2011 Pinot Noir that are worth noting...

Beverage Testing Institute
http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=203936

Andy Perdue's Great Northwest Wine
http://www.greatnorthwestwine.com/2013/11/24/portlandia-vintners-2011-pinot-noir-oregon-25/


DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine

For the 2013 Portlandia Pinot Gris, we have been notified of a score from Wine Enthusiast ("The editors at Wine Enthusiast have recently rated and reviewed your following wines. All wines will appear on-line in our searchable wine database www.winemag.com/buyingguide in August, only a selection of these ratings and reviews will appear in print in the Buying Guide of the magazine in the August issue.

90, Portlandia 2013 Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley, $20.00")

And here is the review from Beverage Testing Institute
http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=206756

DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine

For the 2012 Portlandia Pinot Noir, here are the comments from Beverage Testing Institute

Portlandia 2012 Pinot Noir, Oregon $24.99.
WORLD WINE CHAMPIONSHIPS AWARD: Gold Medal

RATING: 91 points (Exceptional)
CATEGORY: Pinot Noir, Red
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME: 13.8%
TASTING LOCATION: In Our Chicago Tasting Room
TASTING DATE: May-19-2014
WINE ID: 206755

Now-3 Yrs from 2014-05-19

Aromas of cherry buttercream and cordial and mocha with a silky, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a pencil shaving, green apple, melon gelato, and earth accented finish. A seamless, stylish sipper.

And here is the link:
http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=206755

DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine
confusedemmy wrote:My, you're up early for the West coast, wine rep!

I would like to know the aging info on the 2012 PN... it is listed for the 2011 but the 2012 doesn't have the same info.



You're right. Good catch. We will update that tech sheet. It was very similar but we only saw oak for 12 months. It should read:
"Cold-fermented in open-top vats using gentle hand punch downs. Aged for approximately 12 months in a combination of French, American and Hungarian oak."


DamianRainierWine


quality posts: 5 Private Messages DamianRainierWine
confusedemmy wrote:My, you're up early for the West coast, wine rep!

I would like to know the aging info on the 2012 PN... it is listed for the 2011 but the 2012 doesn't have the same info.



You'll need to laugh at this. I started my day at 3:30AM in Denver and I will end it by pouring from 3 to 6PM today in Portland at the old Burlingame Fred Meyer (known affectionately in Portland as Freddy's) and then dinner at Clyde Common in downtown.

Can you join me for the tasting?

wjfreeman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wjfreeman

Why, oh why am I being punished? Wine.Woot (and the lawyers at Amazon.com) will no longer allow me who lives in Georgia to purchase wine such as this.

Though I have bought my share of great wine here in the past,suddenly and without warning, I have been cut off. So why does Wine.Woot send me these emails describing [wine] deals I can't have!

Why, oh why, am I being punished?

Oh Great Woot, send me a sign of love. Send me a sign of hope. Yes, even send me a sign about interminable shipping delays. But don't send me a sign of wine deals for which I am being denied. That is just plain cruel.

greyday


quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
wjfreeman wrote:Why, oh why am I being punished? Wine.Woot (and the lawyers at Amazon.com) will no longer allow me who lives in Georgia to purchase wine such as this.

Though I have bought my share of great wine here in the past,suddenly and without warning, I have been cut off. So why does Wine.Woot send me these emails describing [wine] deals I can't have!

Why, oh why, am I being punished?

Oh Great Woot, send me a sign of love. Send me a sign of hope. Yes, even send me a sign about interminable shipping delays. But don't send me a sign of wine deals for which I am being denied. That is just plain cruel.



This has been asked every day or two for about a year or two now, WD really should put the link to the more thorough explanation in every description to make it easier. Basically each specific winery must have a license for your state, and now some states' laws have been changing to only allow the winery to make the sale, so now in some states where a winery can possibly ship direct to you, Woot! can't legally be the one to sell it.

In the former cases, you're S.O.L., but in the latter a lot of people have had some luck contacting the winery directly, so you may want to try that. Good luck!