pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good evening, everyone. Just got a bunch of work in, so I'll be around for a few more hours.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Good evening, everyone. Just got a bunch of work in, so I'll be around for a few more hours.

I have the kids bringing me games and puzzles to pack so I can stay with my toe elevated. Orc still wants a garage sale tomorrow. We have done no advertising and I'm exhausted.... I guess we'll see what we get.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I have the kids bringing me games and puzzles to pack so I can stay with my toe elevated. Orc still wants a garage sale tomorrow. We have done no advertising and I'm exhausted.... I guess we'll see what we get.

I suppose anything you get rid of is better than nothing.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Good evening, everyone. Just got a bunch of work in, so I'll be around for a few more hours.

I'm just now finally home from work.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:I'm just now finally home from work.

Overtime?

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Overtime?

We've actually cancelled non-emergency overtime; I was just making my life easier for Monday.

Where do you fall on "cancelled" vs. "canceled"? I've seen both declared acceptable. One L seems like it would let the last E change the pronunciation of the first E.

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I suppose anything you get rid of is better than nothing.

yeah, we didn't do a lot of sorting this week because everyone is wiped out, but next week we can't have a garage sale and the weekend after that I'm leaving.

Anything we can get packed now helps too, because Orc procrastinates worse than I do!

pooflady

jqubed wrote:We've actually cancelled non-emergency overtime; I was just making my life easier for Monday.

Where do you fall on "cancelled" vs. "canceled"? I've seen both declared acceptable. One L seems like it would let the last E change the pronunciation of the first E.

It used to be two "l"s, now it's one.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:It used to be two "l"s, now it's one.

dey cal me melo yelo

pooflady

no1 wrote:dey cal me melo yelo

Quite rightly

pooflady

Yoo-hoo.

Proofing and washing windows.

no1

pooflady wrote:Yoo-hoo.

Proofing and washing windows.

how do you proof windows?

pooflady

no1 wrote:how do you proof windows?

Windex.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Windex.

Would you like to come over and proof Hubbies car windows?
We had Rusty in his car today.
There are nose prints on the windows.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Would you like to come over and proof Hubbies car windows?
We had Rusty in his car today.
There are nose prints on the windows.

Uh-oh.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Hello, all! MamaChev and I went for a ride yesterday, and before I knew it she had traded her 2004 Mustang for a 2014 Mustang and we came home in a brand new car. She really is not an impulsive person - only when it comes to hot cars. She made that deal so fast I thought I'd get whiplash!

The neighbors already know we are crazy motorheads; now they're just going to think we hit the lottery with 2 new vehicles in the garage. I'll miss that '04 - it was a convertible and the '14 is not. I always had to make her put the top down anyway. Oh well.

We really do need to sell an old hot rod now; we need another garage bay. 2 women, 5 cars, 4 garage bays - something's gotta go.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:Hello, all! MamaChev and I went for a ride yesterday, and before I knew it she had traded her 2004 Mustang for a 2014 Mustang and we came home in a brand new car. She really is not an impulsive person - only when it comes to hot cars. She made that deal so fast I thought I'd get whiplash!

The neighbors already know we are crazy motorheads; now they're just going to think we hit the lottery with 2 new vehicles in the garage. I'll miss that '04 - it was a convertible and the '14 is not. I always had to make her put the top down anyway. Oh well.

We really do need to sell an old hot rod now; we need another garage bay. 2 women, 5 cars, 4 garage bays - something's gotta go.

We are suppose to be going to look at car colors today.

We bought 2 cars fast this year and two that are taking forever!
How we ended up with all new cars is a mystery. One we replaced was 10 years old. (son's, he needed 4 wheel drive in Buffalo. We gave his car to his sister, who totaled it. Then she needed a car)
Daughters new used car.
Hubbies 10 year old car that is owned by work. My 17 year old car.

I'm just going with the subaru. We looked at the Toyota again. It is too big, the 3rd row seats are a pia to get into. Does have very nice storage and the mirror to see the back seat. But it is wider than my minivan and all my scratches are on the side. I don't need wide.

Plus the subaru keeps it's value, so if I really don't like it in 3 years, we can sell it.

Son wants a visit and I'm not driving a 17 year old car by myself from nyc to buffalo.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:
Son wants a visit and I'm not driving a 17 year old car by myself from nyc to buffalo.

This is the most interesting sentence in your post. It's unusual. Why?

no1

dontwantaname wrote:We gave his car to his sister, who totaled it. Then she needed a car)

suspicious sequence. mabe she didn't like bro's car.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Son wants a visit

i wonder what he needs you to buy.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i wonder what he needs you to buy.

Yeah, awfully strange that hubby's not going.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, awfully strange that hubby's not going.

Wrong child.
We might go there on vacation.
Maybe

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Wrong child.
We might go there on vacation.
Maybe

there???

Buffalo or D.C.? I'm betting D.C.

Still doesn't answer why son wants you in Buffalo.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:there???

Buffalo or D.C.? I'm betting D.C.

Still doesn't answer why son wants you in Buffalo.

He is saying DC, I'm saying Buffalo.
Problem is he doesn't have a passport, so we can't go to Canada.
Actually I haven't looked at my passport...it may have expired.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

hot72chev wrote:Hello, all! MamaChev and I went for a ride yesterday, and before I knew it she had traded her 2004 Mustang for a 2014 Mustang and we came home in a brand new car. She really is not an impulsive person - only when it comes to hot cars. She made that deal so fast I thought I'd get whiplash!

Car stacker, I'm just sayin' (and my dad has a 5 car garage plus detached shop and now an RV shed (with no RV).

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:We are suppose to be going to look at car colors today.

We bought 2 cars fast this year and two that are taking forever!
How we ended up with all new cars is a mystery. One we replaced was 10 years old. (son's, he needed 4 wheel drive in Buffalo. We gave his car to his sister, who totaled it. Then she needed a car)
Daughters new used car.
Hubbies 10 year old car that is owned by work. My 17 year old car.

I'm just going with the subaru. We looked at the Toyota again. It is too big, the 3rd row seats are a pia to get into. Does have very nice storage and the mirror to see the back seat. But it is wider than my minivan and all my scratches are on the side. I don't need wide.

Plus the subaru keeps it's value, so if I really don't like it in 3 years, we can sell it.

I want my mom to buy me a new car! My van's making weird noises - it just passed 100,000 and it's only 6 years old, but still...

(for those that weren't here for the discussion - dname is older than both of my parents.)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I want my mom to buy me a new car! My van's making weird noises - it just passed 100,000 and it's only 6 years old, but still...

(for those that weren't here for the discussion - dname is older than both of my parents.)

This last new car is MINE

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:This last new car is MINE

You missed my point. My parents have expected me to buy my own transportation for over 15 years! Granted, Dad did help with adding his credit to the loan for my Jeep, but he didn't give me any money to buy that car. That was in the summer of '99. They didn't buy my little sister's cars either, just the first one (although she got a much nicer car than I did - until that girl ran a red light in a rain storm and plowed into her).

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:You missed my point. My parents have expected me to buy my own transportation for over 15 years! Granted, Dad did help with adding his credit to the loan for my Jeep, but he didn't give me any money to buy that car. That was in the summer of '99. They didn't buy my little sister's cars either, just the first one (although she got a much nicer car than I did - until that girl ran a red light in a rain storm and plowed into her).

Somehow, even though every kid in my husbands family paid for their own stuff, not one of them has made their kids pay.

I have been outvoted.

Although sons car is leased. He will have to buy it after 3 years.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Somehow, even though every kid in my husbands family paid for their own stuff, not one of them has made their kids pay.

I have been outvoted.

Although sons car is leased. He will have to buy it after 3 years.

Definitely didn't get landed in the right family...

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Definitely didn't get landed in the right family...

My dad bought my first car but I made the payments. He worked for Ford and had sold the car and serviced it until they wanted to sell it so he knew what kind of shape it was in. Not every dad would pick out a smokin' convertible for his 19 year old daughter living away from home.

no1

pooflady wrote:Not every dad would pick out a smokin' convertible for his 19 year old daughter living away from home.

you were/are hot. admit it!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Went camping at a local State Park. Had a really nice time, even though I think we all donated to next generation of mosquitoes, and are a little tired and achy still today.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Went camping at a local State Park. Had a really nice time, even though I think we all donated to next generation of mosquitoes, and are a little tired and achy still today.

I hate mosquitoes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WtheF? They change spellings??? No wonder I can't spell.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

no1 wrote:dey cal me melo yelo

I love that when I was a kid Mellow Yellow was trying to compete with Mountain Dew for the alt rock kids/action sports audience and had a slogan sung at screaming rock volume of "LET IT OUT!" (which, granted, wasn't very mellow)

Now they're running ads for a contest to go on American Pickers. Times have changed.

Skye — 1997-2007

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Rawr mutha focker, rawr.

Oh yeah, and good morning woot.

Started off the day not too well. Had to spend the first twenty minutes of it fixing the contacts on my work phone. I guess we had a no-call-no-show for Friday's morning shift. He also managed to flip the screen before he left. Not a happy camper at the moment.

As far as the weekend goes, we didn't get to go back packing because local friend said Thursday evening that he was worried he was getting an ear infection >.< Of course he was feeling right as rain by Friday night, too late for us to pack up and get to his house an hour away so we can spend another few hours driving to the trail. He semi-made up for it by suggesting a lovely hike in a federal forest near Rainier. The overcast weather was perfect for keeping us cool but not cold. I even have a few pictures to share Going to try to upload them during my lunchbreak.

I finally got to practice with the .38 special. Not my sort of gun because of how much impact it puts on the webbing between the thumb and forefinger, but I'm glad to know that I can pull the trigger easily enough without having to pull back the hammer. Still, pulling the hammer makes it a lot easier to keep from anticipating the recoil, which allows for better accuracy in the end. Still, I think I'm going to save up for the 9mm I fell in love with at the range.

My calves are killing me since most of the hike was uphill and for some reason the muscle in my wrist is still aching. Still, it felt good getting that fresh air and exercise, and gave us a better idea of which trail to choose if we do get the chance to go backpacking this year x.x Local friend is busy next weekend and there's Pax Prime the weekend after. Sadly this area only has so many days of summer, so we'll see what happens.

Oh, and my boots from woot came in. I'm not used to so much ankle support x.x I'll see how I feel by the end of the day, but so far they feel stiffer than my usual work boots.

So there's my weekend log. Now to play catch-up on what I've missed

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
KtCallista wrote:You missed my point. My parents have expected me to buy my own transportation for over 15 years! Granted, Dad did help with adding his credit to the loan for my Jeep, but he didn't give me any money to buy that car. That was in the summer of '99. They didn't buy my little sister's cars either, just the first one (although she got a much nicer car than I did - until that girl ran a red light in a rain storm and plowed into her).

My ma helped my brother buy his first car. I don't remember what it was other than shiny and brand new. Then he realized there was no way his job at Target could keep up with the payments, so he had to trade it in for a used car, and has paid for his own ever since.

My s-mom pulled a whole lotta jerry jerk on me with cars. She offered to help me buy a car to learn on (had a driver's permit at the time) when I held down a job for over six months. It turns out she made this offer when I was just a few weeks short of my six month review with my boss. Once I pointed it out to her, she nearly refused to believe me, then turned around and asked where my driver's license was. I realized then there was no winning with her. A couple years later, she offered to buy me a truck since we needed one anyway. I finally found a used one that I really liked. No real bells and whistles to distract me with, though it had AC and a radio. Very comfortable gear shift, great mileage compared to most trucks, and I could afford the payments on the job I had at the time. S-mom didn't approve of it though because it was bench seating, which meant between her weight and my short legs and arms, I wouldn't have been able to drive her anywhere. She never made an offer since, and she controlled my dad's money, so I was SoL.

Mavyn wrote:Went camping at a local State Park. Had a really nice time, even though I think we all donated to next generation of mosquitoes, and are a little tired and achy still today.

I feel like I got lucky. The bugs seemed a lot more interested in the guys than in me XD That's awesome you got to go, either way.

dontwantaname wrote:WtheF? They change spellings??? No wonder I can't spell.

O.o No way. Screw that, I'm sticking with 'cancelled', I don't care what anyone says. 'Canceled' doesn't even look right >.<

Also, KtC, glad your toe is doing better! Sucks that not as much is getting done, but at least you can give it a chance to heal.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

jqubed

Somebody I worked with once made fun of a press release for using 2 "l"s and I thought it actually was 2, so, being me, I looked it up and found both listed as acceptable. I wasn't exactly vindicated, but at least I deflated her too.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Y'all are so cool!

Skye — 1997-2007