InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Is it ok to discuss it, or is it some big secret? I'd love to see tasting notes from this community, if any exist.

I'm happy to post the link to the sale, if the Woot gods (or mods) won't smite me. (And come to think of it, wouldn't that make a great sitcom title -- "Mods and Gods"?)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

I got the offer, too. Didn't even check it out since I'm buying no wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Is it ok to discuss it, or is it some big secret? I'd love to see tasting notes from this community, if any exist.

I'm happy to post the link to the sale, if the Woot gods (or mods) won't smite me. (And come to think of it, wouldn't that make a great sitcom title -- "Mods and Gods"?)

Links have been posted before in 'deals' without any known, or admitted, repercussions.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

I've posted links to them in the other deals threads before with no hand slaps so i say post it there.

As far as the wine is concerned. It looks like the 05, and 06' were offered years ago with lots of discussion but this is our first shot at this vintage.

CT

Teefant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teefant

I would love to try their zin...what is the special deal? at the end of the day we are giving them business!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

InFrom wrote:Is it ok to discuss it, or is it some big secret? I'd love to see tasting notes from this community, if any exist.

I am pretty sure it's fine? Or at least I don't mind! I know it's important to talk tasting notes, especially if you're on the fence.

InFrom

agingdragqueen wrote:I am pretty sure it's fine? Or at least I don't mind! I know it's important to talk tasting notes, especially if you're on the fence.

Well, notes usually help people, and in that helping spirit, here's the link to the sale.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Ah, the problems of living in a "don't even think about shipping wine here" state.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Well, notes usually help people, and in that helping spirit, here's the link to the sale.

During a Previous Haywood Zinfandel offer, Scott Harvey had this to say;

"I have always enjoyed Peter Haywood's wines. He is the only Zinfandel winemaker I know that does selective bunch selection during harvest. This means he has to go through and do multiple harvests on the same vineyard. This creates a more even ripness with each fermentation. I'm in."

Teefant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Teefant
kylemittskus wrote:I got the offer, too. Didn't even check it out since I'm buying no wine.

can you email me the offer? ThaNKS

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
Teefant wrote:can you email me the offer? ThaNKS

See InFrom's post, above ^

InFrom

chipgreen wrote:During a Previous Haywood Zinfandel offer, Scott Harvey had this to say;

"I have always enjoyed Peter Haywood's wines. He is the only Zinfandel winemaker I know that does selective bunch selection during harvest. This means he has to go through and do multiple harvests on the same vineyard. This creates a more even ripness with each fermentation. I'm in."

That's the kind of helpful note I was talking about!
Edit: though I wonder if he's opened any... or if anyone has from the past offer.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
chipgreen wrote:See InFrom's post, above ^

Thanks. I thought he or she had linked to a previous WW sale. Did not know WW had VIP. When did this happen? Wtso platinum knockoff? Im actually losthighwayz (added teefant as an additional handle to order more wine) and a bit irked was not included in the email...

"The older I get the better I was"

InFrom

losthighwayz wrote:Thanks. I thought he or she had linked to a previous WW sale. Did not know WW had VIP. When did this happen? Wtso platinum knockoff? Im actually losthighwayz (added teefant as an additional handle to order more wine) and a bit irked was not included in the email...

You seem to have confused even yourself with all those logins!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
InFrom wrote:You seem to have confused even yourself with all those logins!

Haha I'm losthighwayz now but was teefant then...but i am one and the same...

"The older I get the better I was"

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
losthighwayz wrote:Thanks. I thought he or she had linked to a previous WW sale. Did not know WW had VIP. When did this happen? Wtso platinum knockoff? Im actually losthighwayz (added teefant as an additional handle to order more wine) and a bit irked was not included in the email...

Wootbot sent the note this morning. Maybe check your SPAM folder?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:Haha I'm losthighwayz now but was teefant then...but i am one and the same...

If you argue with yourself, who wins?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:If you argue with yourself, who wins?

His wife.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:His wife.

So do you want a bottle? RJ will take one, and I'll take 3, but that leaves one for someone.

Edit: Err, two for someone. Or one for two someones. Doh!

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:So do you want a bottle? RJ will take one, and I'll take 3, but that leaves one for someone.

Nope. After my stillman purchase and the wine splits coming at our last meetup And a couple of recent woots I have to take a couple of months off of purchasing from all sources. Sounds excellent though.

CT

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:So do you want a bottle? RJ will take one, and I'll take 3, but that leaves one for someone.

Edit: Err, two for someone. Or one for two someones. Doh!

I'll take one.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
merbill wrote:I'll take one.

So...
3 MdS
2 rj
1 merbill

That's a full woot!

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:So...
3 MdS
2 rj
1 merbill

That's a full woot!

Ordered.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Hmm. On what date did the offer hit your email?

MarkDaSpark

McMalbec wrote:Hmm. On what date did the offer hit your email?

As stated, the 29th. Or just scroll back 9 posts.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
MarkDaSpark wrote:As stated, the 29th. Or just scroll back 9 posts.

Thanks, Mark.