bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks... the nice thing is that most of the staff seems to genuinely want me to stay.... and seem to be fighting for me to stay! makes me feel good!

Good luck with everything! I hope it all works out for you and that you get to stay.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
tiger7610 wrote:Was there any new metalic taste to get out, or just stick meat in, add chips and water and let it smoke?

So yes you need to "season" a new smoker- but only because apparently all the shiny metal surfaces make it much harder to control the temperature, unlike the nice predictable black body radiation you get from the established soot ;)

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
gregorylane wrote:Rutherford Hill hot on arrival. Old Wellington problem ignored. Heat waves across the south and no summer shipping. Thanks Woot.Wine ... you officially lost a customer. David said he'd "look into it", and just ignored me after. Who needs this?

What Kyle said, and also I wonder are you dealing with woot "service" or WD directly? The former pretty much sucks while the latter is usually pretty awesome. And/or we just blame the Amazon Kobe Steak.

We'd be sad to lose you here, Greg. Although I guess buying wine isn't required for hanging out. I also hope you're coming on the Tour this summer!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Yikes. I'm all about giving WD the benefit of the doubt so, perhaps ping him once more? North has already jumped ship. First a trickle. . .

Six months sober...from Amazon at least.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

But I just don't ever wear a tie, not even a bowtie, but if I did..

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg and bahwm, perhaps you need to have this kind of festival?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:

ddeuddeg and bahwm, perhaps you need to have this kind of festival?

(Stratford has a well known Shakespeare festival every summer...)

bahwm

mother wrote:(Stratford has a well known Shakespeare festival every summer...)

Stratford, CT; Stratford, ONT? I have heard of Shakesbeer before.

There are a lot of breweries opening up in Buffalo. There are plans to make Buffalo a major brewery destination spot. We do an event with the Buffalo Bisons (baseball) called Bases Merlot-ed. Wine tasting on the field of the ball park. Quite a nice event.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
North316 wrote:Six months sober...from Amazon at least.

Why you did this North?
I am just spent dealing (or not) with this. It's like losing ones first love, and they don't (seemingly) give a ...

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
klezman wrote:What Kyle said, and also I wonder are you dealing with woot "service" or WD directly? The former pretty much sucks while the latter is usually pretty awesome. And/or we just blame the Amazon Kobe Steak.

We'd be sad to lose you here, Greg. Although I guess buying wine isn't required for hanging out. I also hope you're coming on the Tour this summer!

Thanks for those kind words A. We won't be doing that, but would not rule it out in perpetuity ... let's see what WD might do about things. We love the wooters, just not the woot right now.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:(Stratford has a well known Shakespeare festival every summer...)

Really? I didn't know.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? I didn't know.

Except I was replying to a post that contained a prominent "Stratford CT". From, ehem, you.

I'm sure that your Stratford has nothing to do with why the CT one does that. ;)

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? I didn't know.

And then, of course, there is our Shakespeare in Delaware Park. We are looking forward to a wonderful season. We typically have 45,000 viewers per season watching our performances! Not bad for a 7 week total run for two. The stage is always dark on Monday. We could set up a gathering of some sort.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Good luck with everything! I hope it all works out for you and that you get to stay.

thanks...I keep thinking that everything happens for a reason... I am not giving up hope that I can stay!

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Except I was replying to a post that contained a prominent "Stratford CT". From, ehem, you.

I'm sure that your Stratford has nothing to do with why the CT one does that. ;)

Exactly!!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:And then, of course, there is our Shakespeare in Delaware Park. We are looking forward to a wonderful season. We typically have 45,000 viewers per season watching our performances! Not bad for a 7 week total run for two. The stage is always dark on Monday. We could set up a gathering of some sort.

If the RPM Tour falls thru, then I might be persuaded to fly out.

Otherwise, it'll have to be next year.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:If the RPM Tour falls thru, then I might be persuaded to fly out.

Otherwise, it'll have to be next year.

It would be nice to have some info from the powers that be regarding the RPM Tour. As I've mentioned elsewhere, airfare costs continue to rise. We are looking at departure times for flying out in just about exactly two months! Some of us also need to make plans with family in California. . . :worried:

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:It would be nice to have some info from the powers that be regarding the RPM Tour. As I've mentioned elsewhere, airfare costs continue to rise. We are looking at departure times for flying out in just about exactly two months! Some of us also need to make plans with family in California. . . :worried:

Ditto!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
gregorylane wrote:Why you did this North?
I am just spent dealing (or not) with this. It's like losing ones first love, and they don't (seemingly) give a ...

Long story short, 4 or 5 CS issues within a 2-3 month span, not resolved to my liking. Not a company I care to deal with any longer. No real wine.woot issues, other than the wine varietal booklet that we all waited like 4 months for and as a thank-you for our patience, received an incorrect-sized t-shirt and some stupid trinket.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
North316 wrote:Long story short, 4 or 5 CS issues within a 2-3 month span, not resolved to my liking. Not a company I care to deal with any longer. No real wine.woot issues, other than the wine varietal booklet that we all waited like 4 months for and as a thank-you for our patience, received an incorrect-sized t-shirt and some stupid trinket.

I have thankfully had very simple cs issues so they always been resolved just fine. My buddy had a wine order miss it's promised prexmas delivery and tried to get the shipping refunded and got a sorry it's not our fault response. That irked me since it was the wellington victory offer that was price inflated to account for the rush shipping. Other than that nothing but happy wooting for the last few years.

CT

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:It would be nice to have some info from the powers that be regarding the RPM Tour. As I've mentioned elsewhere, airfare costs continue to rise. We are looking at departure times for flying out in just about exactly two months! Some of us also need to make plans with family in California. . . :worried:

Why is this here, , and not in the tour thread?

I've been promised additional info today; there is a tour and the dates haven't changed.
I'll post when I can confirm.
Geezsh.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Woot offered a type-2 5g gas can for a ridiculously low price. Want to buy one, but hasn't been offered for a while. So, if I buy it, they'll probably have it for sale...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:Woot offered a type-2 5g gas can for a ridiculously low price. Want to buy one, but hasn't been offered for a while. So, if I buy it, they'll probably have it for sale...

You and bowtie should get together and start a class-action on this unacceptable woot behaviour.

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Why is this here, and not in the tour thread?

I've been promised additional info today; there is a tour and the dates haven't changed.
I'll post when I can confirm.
Geezsh.

It was in response to Sparky's post. It is the Pub. Therefore, it is fine. How do you get insider info on the tour?

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
bahwm wrote:It was in response to Sparky's post. It is the Pub. Therefore, it is fine. How do you get insider info on the tour?

It's all about who you know....

Though, I'd think YOU would know...

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:It was in response to Sparky's post. It is the Pub. Therefore, it is fine. How do you get insider info on the tour?

We only think he works for a college. He's actually the top NSA super spook. It's all a disguise!

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:We only think he works for a college. He's actually the top NSA super spook. It's all a disguise!

Edward Snowden syndrome?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Edward Snowden syndrome?

More like an older Ted Kaczynski.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:More like an older Ted Kaczynski.

..and they are both troublemakers!

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:..and they are both troublemakers!

You can say that again!!!!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:You can say that again!!!!

OK.

"..and they are both troublemakers! "

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:OK.

"..and they are both troublemakers! "

I said he could say it, not you!!!

Troublemaker!

rjquillin

Fatality!

We have a bird that likes to nest in boxes. Any boxes she thinks are hers to chew on; that includes wine boxes.

I have (had) two boxes in the kitchen. Pulled out a bottle and both unceremoniously emptied, as the lower one had been compromised.
The wine survived, but bowtie and I must now preform a wake for a bottle of shochu that was compromised and flooded the floor.
Kitchen now rather smells like a Japanese bar.
I think it was a pretty good bottle, but I'll never now know.

Bad bird, bad!

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Fatality!

We have a bird that likes to nest in boxes. Any boxes she thinks are hers to chew on; that includes wine boxes.

I have (had) two boxes in the kitchen. Pulled out a bottle and both unceremoniously emptied, as the lower one had been compromised.
The wine survived, but bowtie and I must now preform a wake for a bottle of shochu that was compromised and flooded the floor.

Bad bird, bad!

uh oh...

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Just chilling here (literally, we had to shut the door) before bed and the 70 mile ride tomorrow. Looks like great weather. And the reward is my favorite post-ride dinner of grilled steak and Cabernet. SWMBO is adding lobster tails, so I plan to pull the cork on a Corison Kronos.

More importantly, I want to again thank all the generous people in the woot community. You have been great support for my cause over the years, and came through amazingly this year. Against my goal of $5000, I will top $7000 for the National MS Society. We hope that someday rather than ride for a cure, we will ride to celebrate one. Thank you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

FYI, There is movement in the RPM Thread (if you haven't been paying attention). It's up to 42 from 30, and we've had 4 drops.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Fatality!

Bad bird, bad!

I would baste that bird in the floor shochu!

Also after the short ribs I had tonight, I need my sous vide sticks today.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

We'd love to try the Y Rousseau Rosé of Tannat that's up on Plus, but really don't want, or need, 6 bottles. Anybody interested to split?

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:

More like an older Ted Kaczynski.

Awesome.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Awesome.

Thank you!!!