Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JOATMON wrote:What he said.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 25.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone! Time to lay in the summer white and rose.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: NoVA #30: Theme TBD
TBD: SoCal #35: San Diego/Lakeside

July
7/5: Denver #?: VIP Visitors

Summer
est. August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day. Please remember those who gave all for our freedoms.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

BEWARE!: I just received an email from amazon about a purchase that I supposedly made on May 02, 2014. I did not make any purchases from amazon around that date.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:BEWARE!: I just received an email from amazon about a purchase that I supposedly made on May 02, 2014. I did not make any purchases from amazon around that date.

that doesn't sound good..

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Joel: check PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Joel: check PMs.

How's the house hunt?

CT

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:How's the house hunt?

We're in escrow x2. Sold our house in 24 hours and found a 2 story craftsman just north of Ada on Minnesota. Stretching = no wine buying for me for quite a while and when I do buy, I'm not going over $15. I have some wines in mind, but the hunt will be on.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:We're in escrow x2. Sold our house in 24 hours and found a 2 story craftsman just north of Ada on Minnesota. Stretching = no wine buying for me for quite a while and when I do buy, I'm not going over $15. I have some wines in mind, but the hunt will be on.

Guess that means you'll be coming to more gatherings...

Congrats on the sale.
Crossing fingers on the escrow for you.

CT

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:We're in escrow x2. Sold our house in 24 hours and found a 2 story craftsman just north of Ada on Minnesota. Stretching = no wine buying for me for quite a while and when I do buy, I'm not going over $15. I have some wines in mind, but the hunt will be on.

I hope it works out for you guys. I won't try to lure you into any deals but I too love the sub $15 deals and will share what I find. Welcome to the neighborhood x 2.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Finally! A wine glass that meets my needs!

(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:
Finally! A wine glass that meets my needs!

I got that for Xmas!!

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:I got that for Xmas!!

But have you used it...........
I have a pair of glasses that hold a full 750ml in each glass. But never used.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Mazal tov!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:Joel: check PMs.

Replied.

Also, I passed over this thread a couple times while looking for the Pub... it's not in the title. Just saying.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
joelsisk wrote:Also, I passed over this thread a couple times while looking for the Pub... it's not in the title. Just saying.

Um. Oops?

(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:Um. Oops?

I thought about saying you could always leave the "Week Of" off if you needed space. As long as CyberPub and the Date was there.

But didn't since some have made accusations of my being overly rule-bound.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I'm finally going to join the bandwagon and get a smoker, because smoked meat is awesome. I'm probably going to go with the propane Masterbuild smoker. For people who owned one, do you have to season it the first time you use it? Also any recipes or suggestions as to what to smoke? I know I have a rack of ribs that I want to do, but anything else I can also put in there. Also where does everyone get their wood chips?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tiger7610 wrote:I'm finally going to join the bandwagon and get a smoker, because smoked meat is awesome. I'm probably going to go with the propane Masterbuild smoker. For people who owned one, do you have to season it the first time you use it? Also any recipes or suggestions as to what to smoke? I know I have a rack of ribs that I want to do, but anything else I can also put in there. Also where does everyone get their wood chips?

No seasoning needed I would think. Check the manual? Why gas over electric? Gas has a tendency to lead to condensation, but probably doesn't matter. Smoke a pork butt first. Hard to screw up. Don't smoke a brisket for awhile. I get chips where I work.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

Things are crazy here.... last 2 weeks of work.... I am WAY behind in what needs to be done... I am fixing the disaster of an inventory that the previous person didn't bother to do correctly... find out I prob. won't have a "permanent full time" job like I have now.... They want a certified person in my position (I explained I was certifiable,but that didn't seem to matter
lots of positions are being eliminated.... like our tech people....they are restructuring everything... so I am keeping my fingers crossed ....for myself as well as my friends......this sucks as I was just getting things they way I wanted them to be.....

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:Things are crazy here.... ....this sucks as I was just getting things they way I wanted them to be.....

sigh.
hoping for you it all works out in a positive light.

CT

rjquillin

In the mail today;
Medicare Card.
Not yet eligible, and don't feel old, but I guess others think differently.
I am ~not~ old!
I easily recall when we weren't to trust anyone over 30.

sigh (again)..

CT

tiger7610

Because the house where I live right now, does not have a plug outside, and I really do not feel like running a giant extension cord from the basement, otherwise I would totally go for electric over gas

bhodilee wrote:No seasoning needed I would think. Check the manual? Why gas over electric? Gas has a tendency to lead to condensation, but probably doesn't matter. Smoke a pork butt first. Hard to screw up. Don't smoke a brisket for awhile. I get chips where I work.

tiger7610

Was there any new metalic taste to get out, or just stick meat in, add chips and water and let it smoke?

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:In the mail today;
Medicare Card.
Not yet eligible, and don't feel old, but I guess others think differently.
I am ~not~ old!
I easily recall when we weren't to trust anyone over 30.

sigh (again)..

Never trust anyone under 30!!! Remember Logan's Run!!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:No seasoning needed I would think. Check the manual? Why gas over electric? Gas has a tendency to lead to condensation, but probably doesn't matter. Smoke a pork butt first. Hard to screw up. Don't smoke a brisket for awhile. I get chips where I work.

Agree to start with a pork butt, and let it get high enough temp. Too early, and cooked enough, tastes great, but hard to pull apart. I bought my chips off Amazon. Mainly Weber brand.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tiger7610 wrote:Was there any new metalic taste to get out, or just stick meat in, add chips and water and let it smoke?

None in mine. Put water/beer into drip pan, bring to temp, add meat and chips, and good to go. Decent instructions with the unit.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tiger7610 wrote:Was there any new metalic taste to get out, or just stick meat in, add chips and water and let it smoke?

Certain units require seasoning due to how they are built. I have a more generic electric smoker and it is painted with a special high-heat paint. It required a 3-hour "seasoning" run with nothing in the unit to burn off any remaining chemicals/fumes from the manufacturing/painting process. I think those masterbuilt units are made much differently.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
tiger7610 wrote:I'm finally going to join the bandwagon and get a smoker, because smoked meat is awesome. I'm probably going to go with the propane Masterbuild smoker.

I like a Weber kettle grill with a smokenator. This is a more versatile tool. I just did ribs and salmon over the holiday. With a smokenator you can use wood chunks for hours of virtually unattended smoking.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I believe I had to season mine prior to first use. It was run it once with a load of wood chips, which I bought off amazon--the Weber brand.

Here's a great rub, and a great website to learn about smoking.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
dlschier wrote:I like a Weber kettle grill with a smokenator. This is a more versatile tool. I just did ribs and salmon over the holiday. With a smokenator you can use wood chunks for hours of virtually unattended smoking.

What is your salmon recipe?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
otolith wrote:What is your salmon recipe?

Salt pepper and a little fruit wood smoke. 20 - 30 mins on the grill. I like it chilled as a little snack/app or maybe in a smoked salmon omlette.

MarkDaSpark

And now I'm hungry.

Stoopid holiday ... I kept thinking it was going to be Thursday today because Monday felt like Sunday.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Stoopid holiday ... I kept thinking it was going to be Thursday today because Monday felt like Sunday.

It's my Friday. Vacation the next two days to go pack up and stows son's stuff for the summer.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Rutherford Hill hot on arrival. Old Wellington problem ignored. Heat waves across the south and no summer shipping. Thanks Woot.Wine ... you officially lost a customer. David said he'd "look into it", and just ignored me after. Who needs this?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:sigh.
hoping for you it all works out in a positive light.

thanks... the nice thing is that most of the staff seems to genuinely want me to stay.... and seem to be fighting for me to stay! makes me feel good!

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:Rutherford Hill hot on arrival. Old Wellington problem ignored. Heat waves across the south and no summer shipping. Thanks Woot.Wine ... you officially lost a customer. David said he'd "look into it", and just ignored me after. Who needs this?

that is not good.... hope my ice wines ship ok....but, with all my orders,if I have had a problem, it has been resolved quickly!
hope your problem gets resolved!

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:It's my Friday. Vacation the next two days to go pack up and stows son's stuff for the summer.

have fun!

kylemittskus

gregorylane wrote:Rutherford Hill hot on arrival. Old Wellington problem ignored. Heat waves across the south and no summer shipping. Thanks Woot.Wine ... you officially lost a customer. David said he'd "look into it", and just ignored me after. Who needs this?

Yikes. I'm all about giving WD the benefit of the doubt so, perhaps ping him once more? North has already jumped ship. First a trickle. . .