chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mother wrote:My condolences as well. I have a similarly willful kitty, currently aged 20 (knock on wood).

Thank you. I hear prime rib is excellent for a long happy life!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
chemvictim wrote:What an eventful week it has been. I lost my 18-year-old kitty cat friend, who I was half convinced was going to outlive me. The night she died, it started raining and didn't stop for 2 days (in the desert). Now tonight, an epic dust storm despite the fact that everything is still soggy from the rain. My Miss Kitty always did like to make a dramatic exit.

so sorry.... it is never easy to loose a 4 legged child... Hugs!

mommadeb1

How much was the Crucible that was offered in the woot off?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Thanks, Chip. I think her longevity was due more to stubbornness than anything else.

Yeah, sorry to hear that. Losing a pet is hard. Many condolences.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:How much was the Crucible that was offered in the woot off?

It was captured in the first post of the thread discussion. Not 100% of the time, but pretty close.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:It was captured in the first post of the thread discussion. Not 100% of the time, but pretty close.

thanks... wasn't smart enough to check that...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:When I see a 'Numbers Page' as asinine as that one it makes me really question the caliber of people working on this.

Want my support? Fine, how much for my driveway - all I care about is not shoveling.

What do you want to bet that each panel costs about as much as a car?

I love that it can "treat, store, & transport stormwater".

They also included playgrounds as one of their impervious surfaces that can be used. Really?

They had it tested in Northern Idaho during the winter (January & February), but don't mention what the weather was like while it was there. Major snowfall? Hail?

One was flat, while the other was angled (to simulate current solar panels on roofs). Did they have the flat on the ground, or was it on a raised surface?

Using the weather data for Kalispell, MT (almost same as their stated location in ID, also about 100 miles east), I found that there was no hail, and only 15.6 inches of snow in January 2014. Oh, and no tornados either.

Greatest snowfall in 24 hours was 5 inches in January, 1.6 inches in February. Total snowfall was 9.6 inches for February, with no hail or tornadoes either.

Funny thing, December showed 22+ inches of snowfall. Hmm, they claimed January & February were the dead of winter?

Edit: I like the idea for certain areas, but playgrounds? And I'd really like to see tests where there's more heavy snowfall, hail, & tornadoes. I think their "costs" would rise tremendously.

It might work better in the southern-most states where there's plenty of sun and little rain/hail/tornadoes. Although here in CA they might worry about earthquakes!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 131 Private Messages cortot20

Last full day in maui
And I overbought wine at the Costco so I have find spots in the suit case for 2-3 bottles.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
cortot20 wrote:Last full day in maui
And I overbought wine at the Costco so I have find spots in the suit case for 2-3 bottles.

Hope you had a blast!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to TexiCaliAli!!

Happy Birthday to TexiCaliAli!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to TexiCaliAli!!

Happy Birthday to TexiCaliAli!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Happy Happy!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Joel: PM for you.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen