WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: I believe glassware is an integral part of the wine-drinking experience:
  • 37.3% - True 374
  • 42.6% - Sometimes true 427
  • 18.7% - Not at all true 187
  • 1.4% - My sentiments on this topic cannot be encapsulated in the above options, Wine.Woot. I'll share more in the comments section. 14
1002 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

zasseg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zasseg

Sure. If by "glassware"you mean something to put your wine in.

edlada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edlada

Can't say that I buy in to the special shape for every type of wine but a nice Riedel all purpose glass is a pleasure to drink from. Now if I could only figure out how not to break them so often.

My dogs like me, that is important.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
edlada wrote:Can't say that I buy in to the special shape for every type of wine but a nice Riedel all purpose glass is a pleasure to drink from. Now if I could only figure out how not to break them so often.

Have you tried not breaking them? I find not breaking things is a pretty good way to keep from breaking them.

oooooorrrrrrr, you could hollow out two pieces of styrofoam, fit the glass in it then drink out of it. That way if it falls, it doesn't break. Plus you'll look like an 8 bit video game character.

Or, you could melt a bunch of super balls and dip the outside of the glass in the melted superball, let it harden and BAM, bouncing glasses. You could also do this for your drunk clothes so you never fall over drunk.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

The primary thing is just to get the wine into my mouth. I'll take it from there.