quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of May 4.

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
TBD: NoVA #30: Theme TBD

Summer
est. August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread
TBD: MN#?: Coming out of hibernation...

Pending
TBD: SoCal #35: San Diego/Lakeside
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Monday mornings come too damn early...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Ugh....going up to 100 degrees by mid-week. I can't handle this ████. Colorado, can we trade??

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Monday mornings come too damn early...

+1

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

klezman wrote:Ugh....going up to 100 degrees by mid-week. I can't handle this ████. Colorado, can we trade??

My cubicle is 74° with 71% humidity. Yuck.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:+1

What!?
I agreed with you so I'm no longer a troublemaker?
If only I'd known it was really just that simple...
I'll inform the others they now need to reevaluate their opinions.

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
klezman wrote:Ugh....going up to 100 degrees by mid-week. I can't handle this ████. Colorado, can we trade??

If you add the forecasted high and low here in South Dakota, we'll finally get above 100 on Friday. But just barely.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:What!?
I agreed with you so I'm no longer a troublemaker?
If only I'd known it was really just that simple...
I'll inform the others they now need to reevaluate their opinions.

Can you guys keep it in the other thread?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it either. We got a really nice weekend though.

CT

rjquillin

24:

So in my haste to get to cortot's tasting, and the expectation I'd be back Sunday, I forgot to program the DVR. Well, I was back, but just forgot to watch it, so...

I ended up streaming it from fox.
MISERABLE FAIL
Yes, it was there, and it sometimes streamed, but there was entirely too much dribble involved.
I've got a hard-wired, dedicated Giada box running Win7Enterprise that streams fine from a NAS RAID box. Didn't use the roku, no premium subscription, but Netflix streams flawlessly over a blu-ray DVD.
I-net is U-verse that exceeds 10Mbps.
Is my experience normal?
What may have been the issue.
Given the net quality, still gonna pay for the sat service; Dish.

CT

rjquillin

otolith wrote:Can you guys keep it in the other thread?

Don't you have patients waiting?

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:24:

So in my haste to get to cortot's tasting, and the expectation I'd be back Sunday, I forgot to program the DVR. Well, I was back, but just forgot to watch it, so...

I ended up streaming it from fox.
MISERABLE FAIL
Yes, it was there, and it sometimes streamed, but there was entirely too much dribble involved.
I've got a hard-wired, dedicated Giada box running Win7Enterprise that streams fine from a NAS RAID box. Didn't use the roku, no premium subscription, but Netflix streams flawlessly over a blu-ray DVD.
I-net is U-verse that exceeds 10Mbps.
Is my experience normal?
What may have been the issue.
Given the net quality, still gonna pay for the sat service; Dish.

Watch it on Hulu. Should solve all your problems.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:Watch it on Hulu. Should solve all your problems.

Paid subscription required, no?

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:Paid subscription required, no?

For Hulu+, yes, but not for regular Hulu. Unfortunately, b/c my employer has seen fit to block the Hulu site, I can't confirm whether your program is available to stream from plain, old Hulu.com (But I'm guessing you don't actually need anyone to do that for you...)

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Paid subscription required, no?

Yes and no. If you want to stream through a Roku or AppleTV or the like, then yes, paid. If you want to watch from your computer or your computer hooked up to your TV via HDMI then no. It should be there.

Well, nevermind. I guess that one's a Hulu+ exclusive. You can get a free one week trial then cancel if you're really jonesing.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

JOATMON

ThunderThighs wrote:My cubicle is 74° with 71% humidity. Yuck.

My workspace this week has highs in the low 80s and up to 80% humidity.

On the plus side, the woot offer changes at 19:00 local time.

(as of 2011-03-02)

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Monday mornings come too damn early...

Hey, Doc. You make a final decision about CO yet?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

no. by midweek it'll be close to 80 here. Now if you wanted to swap for yesterday (Sunday) or today (Monday), that would be fine. You can have the 30ish degrees and at times a freaking blizzard.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

For you Average Joe users out there (Yes Ron, I'm looking at you), is THIS RECIPE similar to the Average Joe recipe? Might have the wife try this ASAP, or maybe even do it myself.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

North316 wrote:For you Average Joe users out there (Yes Ron, I'm looking at you), is THIS RECIPE similar to the Average Joe recipe? Might have the wife try this ASAP, or maybe even do it myself.

I have done Alton browns no knead sourdough recipe it's always fantastic. It's very similar and available online. As a matter of fact there are two slices of it in my lunch today. recipe

I was inspired to try because of the average joe kit I saw for sale here and decided the only thing missing for me at home was a recipe. The only tricky part was measuring the bread flour since the recipe calls for a weight measure. 17.5 oz converts to 3 1/4 cups of bread flour. Once I got that down it comes out perfect.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
cortot20 wrote:I have done Alton browns no knead sourdough recipe it's always fantastic. It's very similar and available online. As a matter of fact there are two slices of it in my lunch today. recipe
I was inspired to try because of the average joe kit I saw for sale here and decided the only thing missing for me at home was a recipe. The only tricky part was measuring the bread flour since the recipe calls for a weight measure. 17.5 oz converts to 3 1/4 cups of bread flour. Once I got that down it comes out perfect.

1. I got an inexpensive, digital, kitchen scale after I saw Alton Brown's smoothie episode. We use it constantly for measuring all sorts of dry and wet ingredients. 2. Handy tip -- a long piece of parchment paper, covering the bottom of the pan and emerging higher than the sides of the pan, makes lowering/removing the bread into and from the very hot Dutch oven a lot easier.

Edit: This is the one I got.

bhodilee

cortot20 wrote:I have done Alton browns no knead sourdough recipe it's always fantastic. It's very similar and available online. As a matter of fact there are two slices of it in my lunch today. recipe

Unless its humid...

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

That's NOT a sourdough. Like by definition.

Got me all excited...

rjquillin

North316 wrote:For you Average Joe users out there (Yes Ron, I'm looking at you), is THIS RECIPE similar to the Average Joe recipe? Might have the wife try this ASAP, or maybe even do it myself.

It all looks and sounds pretty much the same.

AJ recipe is:
Water: 287.0g
Yeast: 0.5g
Bread flour: 437g
Salt: 5.0g

I weigh! Packing density of flour is too variable based on volume.

The other difference is the preheat of the pot; not specified for AJ.
Gonna try it next time, and some of those other recipes as well.

CT

cortot20

mother wrote:That's NOT a sourdough. Like by definition.

Got me all excited...

You should try it.............. It's easy and produces really nice results.

CT

JOATMON

Wine compound not tied to improved health: study

(as of 2011-03-02)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Watching the weather reports...Hoping all are safe!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Watching the weather reports...Hoping all are safe!

Arg! Now I have to go check the weather reports! As far as I know, we are not expecting anything out of the ordinary in Buffalo--just thunderstorms and rain! I guess I may have to pull out my rubber boots!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

May I have some help please on time zones? MDT--is that Mountain Daylight Time? And, is that two hours behind our time in NYS? Thanks! I know, I could google it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

JOATMON

bahwm wrote:May I have some help please on time zones? MDT--is that Mountain Daylight Time? And, is that two hours behind our time in NYS? Thanks! I know, I could google it!

Yes.

(as of 2011-03-02)

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Apparently the Woot monkeys got an over-worked FAA crew and were mis-directed to the wrong airport. I got a FedEx box today with a single bottle of 1979 Sanford & Benedict Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Ynez Valley. It was sent on Friday. In addition to my shipping information was "Ron Quillen". Given your history with Woot, I'm guessing you were the intended recipient/taster and that my shipping information, including the crucial part (address) was the mistake. As the deal sold out (in like 75 minutes), I see no benefit to the community to open it now.

RJ - would you like to come to a Woot gathering in my area sometime in the near future to share it?

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Apparently the Woot monkeys got an over-worked FAA crew and were mis-directed to the wrong airport. I got a FedEx box today with a single bottle of 1979 Sanford & Benedict Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Ynez Valley. It was sent on Friday. In addition to my shipping information was "Ron Quillen". Given your history with Woot, I'm guessing you were the intended recipient/taster and that my shipping information, including the crucial part (address) was the mistake. As the deal sold out (in like 75 minutes), I see no benefit to the community to open it now.

RJ - would you like to come to a Woot gathering in my area sometime in the near future to share it?

This explains some email I got!
Entirely too funny.
Nice offer.
Where is your area, I have a difficult time sorting out where everyone is.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:This explains some email I got!
Entirely too funny.
Nice offer.
Where is your area, I have a difficult time sorting out where everyone is.

Florida, I believe.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

JOATMON wrote:Wine compound not tied to improved health: study

BLASPHEMER!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
North316 wrote:Florida, I believe.

Correct.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Correct.

Damn monkeys. neilloseswine

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

klezman

JOATMON wrote:My workspace this week has highs in the low 80s and up to 80% humidity.

On the plus side, the woot offer changes at 19:00 local time.

I like the Guess Where JOATMON is game! Hawaii?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

mother wrote:That's NOT a sourdough. Like by definition.

Got me all excited...

Yeah...that's just bread. Homemade bread. Which is usually deliciousness.