sdwindansea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea

For some strange reason the BUY button seemed extra tempting this morning. I couldn't resist clicking it and I feel zero guilt as well. Definitely helps make my Friday that much better, thanks Pedroncelli and Ed! Have a great weekend all.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
noslensj wrote:When I go out of town I make sure there is an ample stock of chilled whites of different types in the refrigerator. Then when I get back I look to see what is missing; gives me better insight into her preferences than what she will sometimes tell me. If I leave Friends in the 'fridge, at least one bottle is certain to be gone when I get back.

rjquillin wrote:I like this.

Yep, that's a darn good idea!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

We recently went to a 6 year olds birthday party and the host asked us to bring wine. I brought a couple bottles of the 2012 Friends and had at least half a dozen parents ask me where they could buy it. It was a good wine to drink in the sunshine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
PedroncelliFamily wrote:9 bottles??!! Oh my goodness, that's only enough to last through the weekend. What will you do until this case arrives??

Not only that, but my Morris Fay Cab is in a storage locker and inaccessible!!! Whatever will we do?!?!?! LOL

Guess we may just have to settle for something inferior from the other 400+ bottles we have in the condo.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

I purchased the 2012 Friends last September. I had asked about the aging and had a super quick reply from Ed that it was indeed stainless (my preference). I then explained it was for a girls weekend trip, 8 ladies. He indicated I may need more than one order. Boy was he right. Was excited when in January the offer came Woot's way again. So I purchased again. Last night a few minutes after midnight I was hitting that gold button without a moments hesitation. As others have indicated...Pedroncelli is one that will not disappoint!!!!! Auto-buy for sure...

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 60 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

someone who's area code ends in 8 and the next three numbers are 797 left me a message about shipping direct. Your phone cut out and I didn't get your name or phone number!! Call us back at 800-836-3894

PedroncelliFamily

SmilingBoognish wrote:We recently went to a 6 year olds birthday party and the host asked us to bring wine. I brought a couple bottles of the 2012 Friends and had at least half a dozen parents ask me where they could buy it. It was a good wine to drink in the sunshine.

Where do you live? It may be available near you. Or, they can always order it online http://store.pedroncelli.com/SHOP.AMS?

PedroncelliFamily

intodogs wrote:I purchased the 2012 Friends last September. I had asked about the aging and had a super quick reply from Ed that it was indeed stainless (my preference). I then explained it was for a girls weekend trip, 8 ladies. He indicated I may need more than one order. Boy was he right. Was excited when in January the offer came Woot's way again. So I purchased again. Last night a few minutes after midnight I was hitting that gold button without a moments hesitation. As others have indicated...Pedroncelli is one that will not disappoint!!!!! Auto-buy for sure...

Oh, that Ed. He's a terrific guy, isn't he?? Pedroncelli is Italian for "Ed".

PedroncelliFamily

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Not only that, but my Morris Fay Cab is in a storage locker and inaccessible!!! Whatever will we do?!?!?! LOL

Guess we may just have to settle for something inferior from the other 400+ bottles we have in the condo.

Well, I fell a little better, the 400 ought to last until this arrives!

PedroncelliFamily

sdwindansea wrote:For some strange reason the BUY button seemed extra tempting this morning. I couldn't resist clicking it and I feel zero guilt as well. Definitely helps make my Friday that much better, thanks Pedroncelli and Ed! Have a great weekend all.

In the northern part of Italy, where our family comes from, Pedroncelli is Italian for "Feel Good Friday"!

PedroncelliFamily

jaschuyler wrote:The nice lady at Pedroncelli took my order over the phone and sent me on my way in under two minutes! I'm a repeat offender so it might take as much as four or five minutes if one is a new customer at the winery. Time well spent for us in the wine woot wastelands!

*shakes fist impotently at VA legislators*

That nice lady is why I was away for a couple of hours. We went out to lunch to celebrate Kathy's 38th anniversary of great customer service with Pedroncelli. 800-836-3894 is the easiest way to hear a pleasant greeting every day of the week!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Had to check with SWMBO, and got a "What you didn't order already?". So order is placed. Saw Pedroncelli Zin at the local wine bar. Surprised because I didn't think it was distributed in CT. But I think they also source from MY.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

PedroncelliFamily

polarbear22 wrote:Had to check with SWMBO, and got a "What you didn't order already?". So order is placed. Saw Pedroncelli Zin at the local wine bar. Surprised because I didn't think it was distributed in CT. But I think they also source from MY.

Yep! My "SWMBO" is going to the NE next week while I'm in GA. We are trying to get better distribution all over the country. So ALWAYS ask for Pedroncelli (even if you are planning to buy something else!)
A bottle a day, that's all we ask.

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
PedroncelliFamily wrote:
A bottle a day, that's all we ask.

Ed, know that I'm out here doing my part! That case of white "Friends" I ordered a short while ago evaporated so quickly that just last night I went online to order a case of your rocking rose. So I was extra delighted to see the deal today. Called Kathy and I'm in for two cases.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking care of us disenfranchised Virginians!

PedroncelliFamily

kkv123 wrote:Ed, know that I'm out here doing my part! That case of white "Friends" I ordered a short while ago evaporated so quickly that just last night I went online to order a case of your rocking rose. So I was extra delighted to see the deal today. Called Kathy and I'm in for two cases.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking care of us disenfranchised Virginians!

It's a ROCKIN' pleasure!

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Couldn't get a coworker to go halfsies and I missed the last Italian for QPR case offering, so what the hell... in for one!

Sidenote - thanks are in order to both my new Chromebook and phone, as I placed the order (and am typing this message) via a Wi-Fi tether while driving up I-75!

Ahh, technology. Making it even easier to exceed thy budget.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

jaschuyler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaschuyler
sdilullo wrote:
Sidenote - thanks are in order to both my new Chromebook and phone, as I placed the order (and am typing this message) via a Wi-Fi tether while driving up I-75!

Ahh, technology. Making it even easier to exceed thy budget.

I hope that you're a passenger and not the driver, those activities are not safe to do while driving.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

No brainer. $10 delivered?

Speed to first woot: 5m 48.773s
First sucker:adamd73
Last wooter to woot:losthighwayz
Last purchase:4 minutes ago

"The older I get the better I was"

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

I tried to order for a ship to Maryland but it's telling me I can't ship there. Yet MD is on the OK to ship to list for this wine?

To be clear MD is on the WOOT OK to ship to list for this wine. As are OR and MT. These are the only three states on the Woot ship list for this woot that have no orders. MT sure,but no orders from MD or OR seems strange.

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Says Maryland is allowed, then when I try to buy it says no go, am I missing something?

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

Saw Friends.Red in my favorite store this evening here in Wyoming . Didn't find any of the .White but I will ask next time I see the owner.

And yes, I pushed the big button this morning. Duh.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:No brainer. $10 delivered?

Speed to first woot: 5m 48.773s
First sucker:adamd73
Last wooter to woot:losthighwayz
Last purchase:4 minutes ago

Lost,
I'll take some Sauv Blanc and/or Rosé off you hands if you have extra.

CT

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Where do you live? It may be available near you. Or, they can always order it online http://store.pedroncelli.com/SHOP.AMS?

Southern Marin - I told everyone who asked to pay you a visit next time they went up to Sonoma explaining that you were good people who made good wine for a reasonable price!

PedroncelliFamily

SmilingBoognish wrote:Southern Marin - I told everyone who asked to pay you a visit next time they went up to Sonoma explaining that you were good people who made good wine for a reasonable price!

Try Molly Stones in Marin, Andronico's in SF!

sdwindansea

Of course this is in transit during a record heat wave in Southern California. I have my fingers crossed that it is not adversely affected.

sdwindansea

Guess that was silly of me to worry about the heat. I should've known better and instead worried about it showing as delivered (UPS -> USPS) without ever receiving anything. Ugh, this is going to be a huge pain in butt to track this down and make claims, etc. Worst of all, It looks like I may miss out on some great wines.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sdwindansea wrote:Guess that was silly of me to worry about the heat. I should've known better and instead worried about it showing as delivered (UPS -> USPS) without ever receiving anything. Ugh, this is going to be a huge pain in butt to track this down and make claims, etc. Worst of all, It looks like I may miss out on some great wines.

Sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with shipment.

If you haven't already, we recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know what's happened.

They'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.

sdwindansea

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with shipment.

If you haven't already, we recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know what's happened.

They'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.

Thanks Rogetray, I did submit a support case as well earlier today (CAS-756360-J9B7Z7). However, I'm suspecting that this actually wasn't the wine shipping but another item in my order. Especially since the UPS tracking info says 8 oz. Has Pedroncelli shipped the wine yet?