12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

Pedroncelli Mixed White Case
$104.99 $183.00 43% off List Price
2013 Dry Rosé of Zinfandel, Signature Selection, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley
2013 Sauvignon Blanc, East Side Vineyards, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley
2013 Friends White, Sonoma County White Wine
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Anyone want the Friends White from the case?

CT

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

Any updates on shipping to Georgia? It saddens me when I see things like this and no shipping to my state...

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

I'd like to know the drinking window for these.

As a novice, am I at all correct in assuming each these are more of a "drink now" wine?

Thanks in advance.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Hi Ed (assuming you'll join in shortly).

I see that the 2013 Friends is a proprietary blend of Gewurztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc. I bought the 2012 Friends a while back and notice that it had Chardonnay in the mix as well. Why did you decide to change the blend?

The '12 goes down very easy. How will the '13 Friends be different?

scotteik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotteik
acompdude wrote:Any updates on shipping to Georgia? It saddens me when I see things like this and no shipping to my state...

Never thought I'd ever be glad to live in Ohio, we're never blocked out of woot wines.

Never had Pedroncelli whites, but lately their reds have been an autobuy for me. Any words on their whites?

tmmcelmurry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmmcelmurry
acompdude wrote:Any updates on shipping to Georgia? It saddens me when I see things like this and no shipping to my state...

Missouri use to be on the ship to list. That is not longer the case It makes for a very sad me. (and a quickly emptying cellar)

jaschuyler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaschuyler
scotteik wrote:Never thought I'd ever be glad to live in Ohio, we're never blocked out of woot wines.

Never had Pedroncelli whites, but lately their reds have been an autobuy for me. Any words on their whites?

I'm not a connoisseur but I've found the Friends white to be a pleasant everyday white. It pairs well with a variety of foods as well as alone. You wouldn't knock anyone's socks off bringing this to a party but no one would turn their nose up to it either. I'll probably call up the winery and ask them to meet the Woot offer as my state is not on the woot ship-to list; they've been kind enough to do so in the past.

jaschuyler

tmmcelmurry wrote:Missouri use to be on the ship to list. That is not longer the case It makes for a very sad me. (and a quickly emptying cellar)

For what it's worth, the folks at Pedroncelli have been kind enough in the past to make the same woot offer available to those of us who cannot purchase woot wine, if they have a license to ship directly to your state. If they do so again, you'll need to call the winery and arrange the purchase over the phone, it's a quick and painless procedure if you've got your credit card at hand, took me only a couple minutes.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Check back on the thread. I'm sure Pedroncelli will be happy to accommodate your order directly.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

I'm not going to quote multiples, but hopefully I can help a few...

Pedroncelli is pretty much an autobuy... doesn't matter if it is white or red. The rose is always yummy, the Friends is a summer sipper suitable for just about anyone and the SB is clean and crisp.

I'm sure that you could hang on to them and drink them within the year, but they are (as the write-up indicates) meant to be consumed young. In _almost_ every case, when you see rose, you should think of Steve Martin in "The Jerk" - "Waiter, bring me some fresh wine." Much of the yummy deliciousness of rose is ephemeral, so drink up!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Hi Ed. Any RS on either of the three? Case production of each? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

cosslett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosslett

So why is it that I have had deliveries to TN before but this is not available. Is this Winery specific?! Are they having to apply for (AND PAY) to be able to ship to certain states?

46 purchases and counting (still no Bag of Cuuuuuute! though)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cosslett wrote:So why is it that I have had deliveries to TN before but this is not available. Is this Winery specific?! Are they having to apply for (AND PAY) to be able to ship to certain states?

Each winery must apply and pay for a license in each state. Wine shipment laws vary by state.

In addition, Wine.Woot is currently not able to offer wine deals in certain states, but will be opening up additional states as laws and regulations regarding selling wine online continue to evolve.

You're welcome to also check out this thread to discuss and talk about current Wine Shipping Laws

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bcreel1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcreel1982

I'm a wine club member with Pedroncelli and live in Atlanta. This Woot deal is far better than the May wine club shipment and I have emailed the winery to ask them to extend Woot's offer to GA members outside of Woot.

Come on, Woot. They clearly have a distribution license and shipped to me in GA earlier this week. I would love to pass my order and thereby revenue through your site, but you've made it impossible in recent months. I can't tell you how many orders you've missed out on due to this ridiculous shipping nonsense for wineries that absolutely have distribution rights in GA.

I hate it when companies make it hard to take my money. Business fail!

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

Yes! We can ship to Georgia from the winery. Give us a call 800-836-3894!

PedroncelliFamily

coolchris160 wrote:I'd like to know the drinking window for these.

As a novice, am I at all correct in assuming each these are more of a "drink now" wine?

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely! I'll start at about noon today--with Friends.White. About 3:30 I'll switch to the Rosé (this is the 59th consecutive vintage of this wine for us!) and then I'll have the Sauv. Blanc with dinner. I'm thinking some fish tacos with a little fennel slaw, or maybe some sashimi with a nice little fresh ginger...Yes, these are drink me now wines!

PedroncelliFamily

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Hi Ed (assuming you'll join in shortly).

I see that the 2013 Friends is a proprietary blend of Gewurztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc. I bought the 2012 Friends a while back and notice that it had Chardonnay in the mix as well. Why did you decide to change the blend?

The '12 goes down very easy. How will the '13 Friends be different?

I love it when we have a fan! We just decided that the chard wasn't hugely beneficial to the blend.
So, in terms of flavor change, I'd say the 2013 is a little livelier. It's a patio-pounder! Try it with asian food that has ginger in it. I get an almost lime sherbet creaminess in the finish. The other thing I love to do with this wine is try it at different temps. It's amazing how it changes. Let me know what you think!

PedroncelliFamily

scotteik wrote:Never thought I'd ever be glad to live in Ohio, we're never blocked out of woot wines.

Press the button. You won't be disappointed. I had to talk like a magpie to get WineDavid to offer our whites at first...not so much anymore. We have quite a following for these wines among wooters.

PedroncelliFamily

tmmcelmurry wrote:Missouri use to be on the ship to list. That is not longer the case It makes for a very sad me. (and a quickly emptying cellar)

We can ship direct from the winery. Give us a call! 800-836-3894

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Ed. Thanks for joining us again!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

PedroncelliFamily

losthighwayz wrote:Hi Ed. Any RS on either of the three? Case production of each? Thanks!

RS on the FW is about .5%, the SB and Rosé are about .75% (I think)All three have great acidity which make them bright and finish clean. The RS is there to add mouth-feel.
As with any wine (including popular red wines)with RS the warmer the wine, the more noticeable the sweetness.
That being said, I prefer to let the FW and the Rosé warm up just a tad. I think the aromas and mouth-feel are just a little more pleasing to my palate.

PedroncelliFamily

cosslett wrote:So why is it that I have had deliveries to TN before but this is not available. Is this Winery specific?! Are they having to apply for (AND PAY) to be able to ship to certain states?

We can ship directly from the winery. Give us a call 800-836-3894

PedroncelliFamily

bcreel1982 wrote:I'm a wine club member with Pedroncelli and live in Atlanta. This Woot deal is far better than the May wine club shipment and I have emailed the winery to ask them to extend Woot's offer to GA members outside of Woot.

Come on, Woot. They clearly have a distribution license and shipped to me in GA earlier this week. I would love to pass my order and thereby revenue through your site, but you've made it impossible in recent months. I can't tell you how many orders you've missed out on due to this ridiculous shipping nonsense for wineries that absolutely have distribution rights in GA.

I hate it when companies make it hard to take my money. Business fail!

(This is 1% better than club pricing, and because of the deal my friends at wine.woot have with FedEx the shipping is a better rate. I do my best to give our club members the best deal I can, and I'll always extend this pricing to any wooter who asks!)800-836-3894--AND I'll ship it to GA for the same as W.W would have!

PedroncelliFamily

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning Ed. Thanks for joining us again!

Sorry I'm late--I'm in the weeds! I forgot to record the Vintner's voicemail too. Anyone who wants to hear my sarcasm can call me direct in the office today 800-836-3894!

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Absolutely! I'll start at about noon today--with Friends.White. About 3:30 I'll switch to the Rosé (this is the 59th consecutive vintage of this wine for us!) and then I'll have the Sauv. Blanc with dinner. I'm thinking some fish tacos with a little fennel slaw, or maybe some sashimi with a nice little fresh ginger...Yes, these are drink me now wines!

Sounds like a pleasant afternoon.
Anything you offer is an autobuy here

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Absolutely! I'll start at about noon today--with Friends.White. About 3:30 I'll switch to the Rosé (this is the 59th consecutive vintage of this wine for us!) and then I'll have the Sauv. Blanc with dinner. I'm thinking some fish tacos with a little fennel slaw, or maybe some sashimi with a nice little fresh ginger...Yes, these are drink me now wines!

I agree with the autobuy comments. It was a pleasure being being with you on the RPM tours, and currently we're down to only 9 bottles of Pedroncelli in our celler. So in for another case...

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

PedroncelliFamily

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I agree with the autobuy comments. It was a pleasure being being with you on the RPM tours, and currently we're down to only 9 bottles of Pedroncelli in our celler. So in for another case...

9 bottles??!! Oh my goodness, that's only enough to last through the weekend. What will you do until this case arrives??

dannkatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dannkatt

I've heard "Pedroncelli" is Italian for "summer nights on the patio with good friends".

Pushing the button now.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
PedroncelliFamily wrote:9 bottles??!! Oh my goodness, that's only enough to last through the weekend. What will you do until this case arrives??

Now there's a little bit of that sarcasm we chatted about! Thanks for taking care of me Ed.
Cheers!

PedroncelliFamily

cynthylee wrote:Now there's a little bit of that sarcasm we chatted about! Thanks for taking care of me Ed.
Cheers!

;-)

PedroncelliFamily

dannkatt wrote:I've heard "Pedroncelli" is Italian for "summer nights on the patio with good friends".

Pushing the button now.

Pedroncelli is Italian for "I need a vacation!"

jaschuyler

My only question is one case or two. Decisions, decisions!

ETA: the spousal unit says two! I'll be calling...

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Pedroncelli is Italian for "I need a vacation!"

...but "I need a vacation" does not compute for a true Italian!

So that means Perdoncelli = #DIV/0! right?

#excelhumor

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
PedroncelliFamily wrote:The other thing I love to do with this wine is try it at different temps. It's amazing how it changes. Let me know what you think!

I can second that. It was a bottle of Pedroncelli white (can't remember which one it was now) that opened me up to letting a white wine reveal itself as it opens. That's now a marker for me when I sample whites - what does it show as it warms.

When I go out of town I make sure there is an ample stock of chilled whites of different types in the refrigerator. Then when I get back I look to see what is missing; gives me better insight into her preferences than what she will sometimes tell me. If I leave Friends in the 'fridge, at least one bottle is certain to be gone when I get back.

This is an autobuy. The only question I'm debating is whether I'm in for one or two.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
noslensj wrote:When I go out of town I make sure there is an ample stock of chilled whites of different types in the refrigerator. Then when I get back I look to see what is missing; gives me better insight into her preferences than what she will sometimes tell me.

I like this.

CT

jaschuyler

The nice lady at Pedroncelli took my order over the phone and sent me on my way in under two minutes! I'm a repeat offender so it might take as much as four or five minutes if one is a new customer at the winery. Time well spent for us in the wine woot wastelands!

*shakes fist impotently at VA legislators*

krapfmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krapfmr
PedroncelliFamily wrote:We can ship directly from the winery. Give us a call 800-836-3894

Thank you for taking care of folks in MO as well. Just spoke with Joanna. Two cases coming my way. Cheers!

PedroncelliFamily

noslensj wrote:I can second that. It was a bottle of Pedroncelli white (can't remember which one it was now) that opened me up to letting a white wine reveal itself as it opens. That's now a marker for me when I sample whites - what does it show as it warms.

When I go out of town I make sure there is an ample stock of chilled whites of different types in the refrigerator. Then when I get back I look to see what is missing; gives me better insight into her preferences than what she will sometimes tell me. If I leave Friends in the 'fridge, at least one bottle is certain to be gone when I get back.

This is an autobuy. The only question I'm debating is whether I'm in for one or two.

Two and a gift!!! (Let the 2013 warm just a bit. It's only been in the bottle about 6 weeks. The warmth will help round out the aroma!)