pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

It's been way too long since I've seen the MN people. I am wondering if there is any interest in an afternoon tasting/gathering some Saturday this spring/summer. I know weekends book up quickly, so this is me testing the waters.
I could host, but that would mean a little bit of driving for people as I am towards Rochester. We could also make this a kid friendly party as there is a pretty much private park and play area behind my house as well as if the weather is poor, a theater in my basement.
Looking at my calendar for the summer, I have June 28th, July 26, or August 18 open (like I said, summer fills up quickly around the Penguin house).
Otherwise, I would be open to driving up to the cities on those dates if someone else more centralized wanted to host. Maybe Otolith could take us tubing with his new boat.
Hope to hear from some of you!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Always up for a gathering, even though I'm not positioned to host them any more (unless y'all want to travel to South Dakota).

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

I'd be up for a gathering as well. Might even be able/willing to host depending on the date chosen. My basement is in the process of being finished, so if it gets done in time I'd welcome a gathering here in Crystal.

coynedj

I suspect that, since Woot no longer ships to Minnesota, most of the crew don't check in any more. If someone could get word out on Facebook we might get more of a reaction.

I'd do it, but I don't do Facebook.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Hi Guys--a get together would be fun! Chris, if you end up hosting, I'd be happy to help out as I'm in the neighborhood. As far as getting the word out, no Facebook for me either. I'll keep an eye on the thread now that I now it's out there.
Cheers!
Cynthy

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Becca and I would be willing to host in Bloomington on the 5th, 11th or 18th of July. Kids are welcome, we have a play set in our fully fenced backyard if the weather is nice. Let us know if that works for anyone!

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

coynedj

tcklord wrote:Becca and I would be willing to host in Bloomington on the 5th, 11th or 18th of July. Kids are welcome, we have a play set in our fully fenced backyard if the weather is nice. Let us know if that works for anyone!

I'll most likely be in town on the 11th!

edit: I realized that the 11th is the Friday of that week, not the Saturday. Maybe I'll just have to take a half day off work and drive into town....

tcklord

Does the 11th work for anyone else?

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

tcklord

We'll we will throw one on the 11th and whoever can come great, we have other friends that can make it that day as well. Hope all you can make it.

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

coolchris160

tcklord wrote:We'll we will throw one on the 11th and whoever can come great, we have other friends that can make it that day as well. Hope all you can make it.

What time do you have in mind? Feel free to PM me with the details and I'll keep an eye on my inbox. I should be able to make it and I might have a few friends with me (strangers to Woot, but not strangers to wine.) I can also bring some cheeses and chocolates.

tcklord

coolchris160 wrote:What time do you have in mind? Feel free to PM me with the details and I'll keep an eye on my inbox. I should be able to make it and I might have a few friends with me (strangers to Woot, but not strangers to wine.) I can also bring some cheeses and chocolates.

We are thinking around 7pm. That way people can eat an early dinner first and have time to head over. See you Friday!

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
tcklord wrote:We are thinking around 7pm. That way people can eat an early dinner first and have time to head over. See you Friday!

We will be there!!
We also are bringing a couple friends along tonight.

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

I've given word that I'm going to be leaving work early tomorrow - I'm planning on making it there, but one never knows what'll happen around this office. Hope to see you there. After a 5 hour drive, I'll be ready for some wine!

Edit - I have a bottle of Ty Caton 2003 Cab, and a Vinito del Finito, that I plan to bring.

coolchris160

tcklord wrote:We are thinking around 7pm. That way people can eat an early dinner first and have time to head over. See you Friday!

7pm sounds good to me Looking forward to seeing everyone.

tcklord

Let me know if anyone needs our address again.

17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

dadoo57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dadoo57

For anyone that does not know we Minnesotans can order from wine.woot again. The order goes through amazon now though.

vinofranks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vinofranks

Guest Blogger

coynedj wrote:I suspect that, since Woot no longer ships to Minnesota, most of the crew don't check in any more. If someone could get word out on Facebook we might get more of a reaction.

I'd do it, but I don't do Facebook.

Minnesota is Back!!!

I work for WineDavid @ WineCountryConnect

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns

This is great to hear I have not been looking at wine.woot much because of the no shipping to Minnesota so very grad to see that changed.