(1) Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, 8.45 oz
(1) Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, 8.45 oz
(1) Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Dipping Oil, 8.45 oz
(1) Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar, 8.45 oz

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

beccabinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beccabinder

Does someone have to sign for this even though it isn't alcohol?
Will this be delivered in time for Mother's Day?

agentfox1942

quality posts: 5 Private Messages agentfox1942

Is it normal to mix olive oil and Canola oil? I haven't seen that on other infused oils similar to this.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk
agentfox1942 wrote:Is it normal to mix olive oil and Canola oil? I haven't seen that on other infused oils similar to this.

THANK YOU for pointing this out. I wouldn't have even thought to look at the ingredents list for something called 'olive oil' (on the Features tab).

nirv117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nirv117
lamcjunk wrote:THANK YOU for pointing this out. I wouldn't have even thought to look at the ingredents list for something called 'olive oil' (on the Features tab).

At least they tell us. Many items labeled as extra virgin olive oil are not what they claim to be. I wish we could pick and choose which bottles we want from the pack.

kaetrace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaetrace
lamcjunk wrote:THANK YOU for pointing this out. I wouldn't have even thought to look at the ingredents list for something called 'olive oil' (on the Features tab).

Double thanks, almost pulled the trigger on these. Canola oil should be banned. It contains both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in a ratio of 2:1. This is the exact oposite of what the ratio should be, which is more omega-3 to omega-6. Totally ruined the product by adding canola.

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" C S Lewis

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
agentfox1942 wrote:Is it normal to mix olive oil and Canola oil? I haven't seen that on other infused oils similar to this.

Stuff like that is why I won't be the stuff that's "imported and repackaged" from anyone.

whalec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whalec

Yes, if you're cooking and not using extra virgin. I do that to keep the flavor, but raise the smoking temperature.
In salads... I say that just saves money but not good for the flavor.

cabaretsinger

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cabaretsinger
kaetrace wrote:Double thanks, almost pulled the trigger on these. Canola oil should be banned. It contains both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in a ratio of 2:1. This is the exact oposite of what the ratio should be, which is more omega-3 to omega-6. Totally ruined the product by adding canola.

I could not agree with you more! I'm a retired chef and you will never find canola oil in my home. Just because the FDA say something is safe doesn't actually mean that it is, especially when you consider that a very large part of the FDA's funding comes from the very companies whose products it is supposed to be investigating. 25% comes from Big Pharma alone. I find it funny that Snopes says it’s safe too but I can’t seem to find any of their own independent, scientific research to back up that claim.

Sorry Woot! but this is a big PASS for me.

Napachef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Napachef
cabaretsinger wrote:I could not agree with you more! I'm a retired chef and you will never find canola oil in my home. Just because the FDA say something is safe doesn't actually mean that it is, especially when you consider that a very large part of the FDA's funding comes from the very companies whose products it is supposed to be investigating. 25% comes from Big Pharma alone. I find it funny that Snopes says it’s safe too but I can’t seem to find any of their own independent, scientific research to back up that claim.

Sorry Woot! but this is a big PASS for me.

It is listed on the ingredients under "Specs" that it contains Canola Oil- It increases the smoke point significantly without compromising the taste on the lemons- I have used it several times to saute shrimp and scallops and it is fabulous- Do you really think that for this price you would get 100% EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL crushed with Meyer lemons ? It is what it is- I am a NON RETIRED chef and I am sure our retired chef has deep fried with much worse than 100% terrible act-Seed Oil from Canada!! (Renderings)- Give it a try and you'll TASTE what it says it is. N.C

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Napachef wrote: It is listed on the ingredients under "Specs" that it contains Canola Oil- It increases the smoke point significantly without compromising the taste on the lemons- I have used it several times to saute shrimp and scallops and it is fabulous- Do you really think that for this price you would get 100% EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL crushed with Meyer lemons ? It is what it is- I am a NON RETIRED chef and I am sure our retired chef has deep fried with much worse than 100% terrible act-Seed Oil from Canada!! (Renderings)- Give it a try and you'll TASTE what it says it is. N.C

With a retail price of $41 for 34 oz, yes, I would expect to get 100% EVOO.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013