Post away!

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of April 20.

Chocolate bunnies and sparkling wine! Delicious combo!

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May
5/3: SoCal #33: Grenache/Grenache Blanc for Cinco de Mayo
TBD: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn
May/June TBD: SoCal #34 San Diego/Lakeside TBD

Summer
est. August 4-6: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: SoCal #35: Lakewood/Irvine Locker TBD
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Cross Post

otolith wrote:I'll pop a d'Yquem for you next time you're in town.

Now there's even more reason to get myself back there.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Chip,
Check opera...

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Cross Post

Now there's even more reason to get myself back there.

For the good company?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

I have been having wine shipped to work so I will not miss deliveries and have wine sitting on a truck. So my Wellington Victory delivery was attempted on Saturday, but we were closed, and delivery is now showing Tuesday. So by the time I get it it will have been on a truck or in a warehouse for 5 days. It has been about 90 degrees. I'm really concerned the wine will be damaged. Someone will suggest I open one to find out. But I only bought 2, and at $40, I really don't want to open one on a Tuesday, just to find out if it's OK. I want to be able to cellar both bottles for a while to bring out for a special occasion, with a reasonable expectation that the wine is good. What to do?

rjquillin

pseudogourmet98 wrote:I have been having wine shipped to work so I will not miss deliveries and have wine sitting on a truck. So my Wellington Victory delivery was attempted on Saturday, but we were closed, and delivery is now showing Tuesday. So by the time I get it it will have been on a truck or in a warehouse for 5 days. It has been about 90 degrees. I'm really concerned the wine will be damaged. Someone will suggest I open one to find out. But I only bought 2, and at $40, I really don't want to open one on a Tuesday, just to find out if it's OK. I want to be able to cellar both bottles for a while to bring out for a special occasion, with a reasonable expectation that the wine is good. What to do?

Have you received this yet?
How warm were the bottles?
Any signs of seepage or protruding corks?
If only warm, not 'hot' and no seepage or cork issues, I'm not sure I'd be all that worried,
but if you have leaks, cork or capsule issues, I'd contact support immediately.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I have been having wine shipped to work so I will not miss deliveries and have wine sitting on a truck. So my Wellington Victory delivery was attempted on Saturday, but we were closed, and delivery is now showing Tuesday. So by the time I get it it will have been on a truck or in a warehouse for 5 days. It has been about 90 degrees. I'm really concerned the wine will be damaged. Someone will suggest I open one to find out. But I only bought 2, and at $40, I really don't want to open one on a Tuesday, just to find out if it's OK. I want to be able to cellar both bottles for a while to bring out for a special occasion, with a reasonable expectation that the wine is good. What to do?

This is the stupidity of using FedEx Home for wine shipments. They deliver Tue-Sat, yet we're all told to use a business address. WD is usually good at scheduling but these things should really be FedEx Ground.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You can also ship to your closest FedEx store. You can enter in as your shipping address. That's what I do for wine. They wine folks in these threads taught me that

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ThunderThighs wrote:You can also ship to your closest FedEx store. You can enter in as your shipping address. That's what I do for wine. They wine folks in these threads taught me that

This is what I do. Send it to FedEx to be held, and the same for UPS.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
otolith wrote:This is what I do. Send it to FedEx to be held, and the same for UPS.

You can always redirect an in transit shipment to the FedEx office if tracking shows it will be delivered on the weekend.

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:You can also ship to your closest FedEx store. You can enter in as your shipping address. That's what I do for wine. They wine folks in these threads taught me that

yes Yes YES; this.
At least when you have a convenient location for pickup.
And much better than with UPS, where here at least there has to be a failed delivery before a redirect is possible, and then there is even a charge for HAL.
And I like the ability to do a Saturday pickup.

CT

pseudogourmet98

rjquillin wrote:Have you received this yet?
How warm were the bottles?
Any signs of seepage or protruding corks?
If only warm, not 'hot' and no seepage or cork issues, I'm not sure I'd be all that worried,
but if you have leaks, cork or capsule issues, I'd contact support immediately.

Haven't received them yet, still on the truck. It's now 92 degrees. I'll check back tomorrow with details.

pseudogourmet98

The FedEx store that I can ship to is not close and very inconvenient from where I live and work. Besides, that will not help me in this situation.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Update on son and team: They did really well with the paperwork/design side..not so much with the driving of the robots. Best Overall Design, which includes marketing. They beat out all the other teams... even the college kids...(son is in middle school)! and an award for STEM research ...Don't ask me to explain, I don't understand it all... I just know they did great!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

That sucks!! Like everyone else says.... check the bottles when you get it. It has been HOT here!!! keeping my fingers crossed for you!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:UPS, where here at least there has to be a failed delivery before a redirect is possible, and then there is even a charge for HAL.

Sign up for UPS My Choice (free), and eliminate all of those negatives. It has worked well for us.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to spdrcr05!!

Happy Birthday to spdrcr05!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Seeing another OOMA on sellout...

Bowtie, how's yours doing? Did you port your number yet?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

WINERY IN THE FORUM.

New winery. How about a nice wine.woot welcome?

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
joelsisk wrote:Seeing another OOMA on sellout...

Bowtie, how's yours doing? Did you port your number yet?

I did yes, and it's working just fine, got my first charge for my phone bill yesterday in fact, $3.80.

I did sign up for year of the "premier" service cause they let me have a free gift, so I got the Wifi/Bluetooth adapter (which I knew I was going to buy eventually anyway), so I figured for the 40 bucks extra I just as well try their premier service for a year. My bill will be $13.79 for the next year, then if I cancel Premier service it'll go back to $3.80

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Getting house ready to list. Waiting on offer on new house. We may be carrying two mortgages for a month or two. And it's so much easier with a 20 month old.

STRESSED!!!!!!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Getting house ready to list. Waiting on offer on new house. We may be carrying two mortgages for a month or two. And it's so much easier with a 20 month old.

STRESSED!!!!!!!!

Well I hope you are moving closer to the beach and not closer to Vegas?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Getting house ready to list. Waiting on offer on new house. We may be carrying two mortgages for a month or two. And it's so much easier with a 20 month old.

STRESSED!!!!!!!!

Stress? That's not stress.

Try it with a Type-A sister, a 63 year old house, with the accumulated detrus of 3 households (parents (63 years worth), great-aunts (70+ years worth), & an aunt).

On the bright side now, I know a great Estate Sale company!

So much fun trying to pick out some items I wanted to keep ... grew to a small truck worth. And then trying to get it all out in time for the estate sale.

Then more fun getting the interior repainted, carpets cleaned, house/garage/patio room cleaned, and all windows cleaned.

And more fun replacing the two old dim light fixtures in the hallway to two new brighter ones.

On the brighter side, we had an offer within a week higher than our listing price (they had lost out on 3 or more other houses, so they wanted to make sure they got the old homestead).

Going to miss the old place ... and the pool ... and the basketball hoop ... but not the hassle of trying to get it ready to sell!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

STRESSED!!!!!!!!

Remember, STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20

STRESSED!!!!!!!!

Are you staying in Rancho? Or moving to Arizona or the best option come hang out with us in LA county!

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:Remember, STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS

Just?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:Are you staying in Rancho? Or moving to Arizona or the best option come hang out with us in LA county!

The house we have an offer in on is in Glendora. That's where we're headed whether it's this house or another.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:The house we have an offer in on is in Glendora. That's where we're headed whether it's this house or another.

Woot! Woot!

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Stress? That's not stress.

Try it with a Type-A sister, a 63 year old house, with the accumulated detrus of 3 households (parents (63 years worth), great-aunts (70+ years worth), & an aunt).

On the bright side now, I know a great Estate Sale company!

So much fun trying to pick out some items I wanted to keep ... grew to a small truck worth. And then trying to get it all out in time for the estate sale.

Then more fun getting the interior repainted, carpets cleaned, house/garage/patio room cleaned, and all windows cleaned.

And more fun replacing the two old dim light fixtures in the hallway to two new brighter ones.

On the brighter side, we had an offer within a week higher than our listing price (they had lost out on 3 or more other houses, so they wanted to make sure they got the old homestead).

Going to miss the old place ... and the pool ... and the basketball hoop ... but not the hassle of trying to get it ready to sell!

I figure that the sale is in the works. Congrats! Been there. Done that. It is sooooo difficult to go through all of the stuff. Some of the stuff is kind of fun, but it is soooo time-consuming and exhausting!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:The house we have an offer in on is in Glendora. That's where we're headed whether it's this house or another.

West LA would be better (strictly for us seeing you more often), but that's half an hour closer! Looking forward to being able to see you guys more often.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:I figure that the sale is in the works. Congrats! Been there. Done that. It is sooooo difficult to go through all of the stuff. Some of the stuff is kind of fun, but it is soooo time-consuming and exhausting!

Not according to my sister, who basically was ready to throw everything away. They've moved 5 times since her wedding (Apt. to Santa Ana to Irvine to Culver City (temp til house in Glendale ready) to Glendale to Ventura. She's gotten it down on getting rid of non-essential items. Sadly, mementos are in that category.

Only problem is that we would have lost the money we got in the Estate Sale!

I haven't even started to go thru the old pictures yet!

But I did find some info that I will post soon. Dad took a mail-course on Wine! Shocker!

cortot20

Baja or fancy glendora?

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Computer gurus, once again I beg for help. This is my router. I keep it very busy. My work computer and personal netflix/pandora computer are wired to the router. My gaming computer, my husband's computer, and the TV and roku (he streams HD video) are connected via wireless. Lately I'm having issues. A few times a day the connection drops and comes back after a few minutes. My husband streams baseball games to our TV and that locks up very often (for only a few seconds at a time). That could be a problem with MLB, I guess. The router is a few years old and I was wondering if it might be time to get a new one. It seems to be worse since I've started playing Diablo again so maybe Diablo is messing with it.

Do you think it's just time to upgrade my router?

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not according to my sister, who basically was ready to throw everything away. They've moved 5 times since her wedding (Apt. to Santa Ana to Irvine to Culver City (temp til house in Glendale ready) to Glendale to Ventura. She's gotten it down on getting rid of non-essential items. Sadly, mementos are in that category.

Only problem is that we would have lost the money we got in the Estate Sale!

I haven't even started to go thru the old pictures yet!

But I did find some info that I will post soon. Dad took a mail-course on Wine! Shocker!

She sounds like my brother!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Computer gurus, once again I beg for help. This is my router. I keep it very busy. My work computer and personal netflix/pandora computer are wired to the router. My gaming computer, my husband's computer, and the TV and roku (he streams HD video) are connected via wireless. Lately I'm having issues. A few times a day the connection drops and comes back after a few minutes. My husband streams baseball games to our TV and that locks up very often (for only a few seconds at a time). That could be a problem with MLB, I guess. The router is a few years old and I was wondering if it might be time to get a new one. It seems to be worse since I've started playing Diablo again so maybe Diablo is messing with it.

Do you think it's just time to upgrade my router?

Yes.

They have newer ones that are dual band for wireless, so you can stream video on one, and gaming on the other. The Buffalo they had up on Tech Plus would have been perfect. You could probably pick it up off Newegg.

On another note, I had ordered 2 sets of Woot shirts (one for me, one for my son). Received one of each today. Ticket opened regarding the missing shirts. Gotta love the new Woot!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:On another note, I had ordered 2 sets of Woot shirts (one for me, one for my son). Received one of each today. Ticket opened regarding the missing shirts. Gotta love the new Woot!

Every bit as good as velveta and spam.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Every bit as good as velveta and spam.

Both are better than broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus!!

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Both are better than broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus!!

Aw, geez! Asparagus, too? Do you like ANY veggies?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chemvictim wrote: My husband streams baseball games to our TV and that locks up very often (for only a few seconds at a time). That could be a problem with MLB, I guess.

This is mostly an MLB issue, and can also just be a general bandwidth issue. Most nights I get frequent pauses with MLB.TV (stream it through my PS4) with no other internet activity happening. It can be a little worse when the wife is also streaming netflix in the other room.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013