WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you like to have two Wine polls every week?
  • 36% - Not really. 460
  • 63.2% - Yes! More!!! More polls!!! 807
  • 0.8% - I have something else to say in the comments section of this fine website. 10
1277 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Maybe random polls, lasting anywhere from 7 minutes to 7 weeks.
Drink more beer. It's good for you.

smkarizona

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smkarizona

Fewer polls, more Beehive cheese!!!

shubhox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shubhox

Go back to 5 wine.woot polls a week

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
smkarizona wrote:Fewer polls, more Beehive cheese!!!

I'd like more polls and more Beehive cheese. Especially the cheese.

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla

As long as it's not stripper polls. This is supposed to be a family entertainment type of a place.

ombasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ombasha

I would actually like 5 Wine Polls every week.

Drinking wine is no excuse for not being able to come up with a Poll every week day.

I come to work every week day - so should they (or you).

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

so, some context: i don't want to speak entirely on their behalf, but i think the combined challenge of a limited subject matter along with a comparatively smaller turnout compelled my fellow writertypes to cut back on wine polls. (i realize one could argue the merit of that decision and OF COURSE they recognize that every audience member matters, but realistically we have to think of these things, you know.)

however, i am an enjoyer of wine - and really every other adult libation - so i can perhaps speak to the topic a little more.

i think i could also touch on other subjects we collectively adore: food, booze in its other forms, more food. i figured 2 per week is a good start.

and it looks like there's some support behind the idear, so that's exciting!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Can we limit posts to those that have purchased on WW?
The spillover is sometimes a bit much, especially when they aren't happy with the number of polls to troll.

CT

PemberDucky

Staff

rjquillin wrote:Can we limit posts to those that have purchased on WW?
The spillover is sometimes a bit much, especially when they aren't happy with the number of polls to troll.

no, i fear we probably couldn't do that.

... and i don't think we'd want to. our forums are meant to be more inclusive than that. everyone is invited to participate in reindeer games, provided they stick to our posting guidelines.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
PemberDucky wrote:no, i fear we probably couldn't do that.

... and i don't think we'd want to. our forums are meant to be more inclusive than that. everyone is invited to participate in reindeer games, provided they stick to our posting guidelines.

sigh,
just wishful thinking actually and not really expecting it would happen. It's just all the "will it work with a mac" comments...

CT

PemberDucky

Staff

rjquillin wrote:sigh,
just wishful thinking actually and not really expecting it would happen. It's just all the "will it work with a mac" comments...

ah, yes, speaking as someone who saw those on a daily basis, i can assure you you're not the only one with gritted teeth!

i should also mention while i'm in hur, this is a fine place to drop some suggestions for poll topics/questions!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So long as its a Mercurian week, yes.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

I, for one, wouldn't care if they vanished. Let's get the copywriters working on more interesting copy for the offers instead!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington
rjquillin wrote:Can we limit posts to those that have purchased on WW?

Until woot sells boxes of quality Thunderbird, I'm not buying from wine-woot! However, I love trolling with the snooty winers.
Try a new microbrew this week! Drop the wine glass and pull out a beer mug. Pour in a nice IPA, Porter, Lager or whatever... Enjoy and embrace the hop.

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar
shubhox wrote:Go back to 5 wine.woot polls a week

This ^^^^

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla
ombasha wrote:I would actually like 5 Wine Polls every week.

Drinking wine is no excuse for not being able to come up with a Poll every week day.

I come to work every week day - so should they (or you).

My vote, too. If I can drink wooty wine and get to work, the wooty poll maker can make up polls and drink the wine if he/she/it wants to. But just be sure that the new polls are here.
It's not like any of woot's polls make sense every day.

beehivecheesekatie

quality posts: 13 Private Messages beehivecheesekatie
smkarizona wrote:Fewer polls, more Beehive cheese!!!

[BLUSHING] Thanks. That's so sweet. ^Katie

jimmyt4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmyt4

Every day you have a poll is a day I'll visit. Otherwise, it's once a week for me.