toonvox

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toonvox

Taken just now. The tasting room's not open yet, but ain't it purty?

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Sigh.............in for one. Stupid bouncing button. Now begins a serious SIWBM.

CT

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

Great reviews. In for one along with an order of Toothy, which I really like.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia
cortot20 wrote:Sigh.............in for one. Stupid bouncing button. Now begins a serious SIWBM.

This...

bolligra wrote:Great reviews. In for one along with an order of Toothy, which I really like.

...and this, too.

No, really, no more wine. Starting...now.

mandoo500

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mandoo500
mandoo500 wrote:I smell sellout.

Ha!

mrlbem

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrlbem

Traveling today and didn't get a chance to order. Any chance a few more appear before 1 a.m. eastern or are they gone for good?

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
mrlbem wrote:Traveling today and didn't get a chance to order. Any chance a few more appear before 1 a.m. eastern or are they gone for good?

I wouldn't count on it. That's not something they do when a wine sells out. Gone 'til the next time they come up.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
toonvox wrote:
Taken just now. The tasting room's not open yet, but ain't it purty?

I'm confused about your statement the tasting room is not open yet..I believe this winery is no longer in business, which is why we are getting the current woot deals.

mat420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mat420
cortot20 wrote:Any chance we can get the varietal breakdown on the reserve blend? The specs are seriously lacking.

The blend is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Syrah. Single Vineyard grown.

mat420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mat420

The '10 Reserve is 50% Cab Sauv and 50% Syrah. It is single vineyard grown and was stored on 50% new French Oak for 20 months.

toonvox

kaolis wrote:I'm confused about your statement the tasting room is not open yet..I believe this winery is no longer in business, which is why we are getting the current woot deals.

I was there last year, but y'know...you could be right. I thought they just hadn't opened for the year...most of the wineries opened this month, and a lot of them are still opening downtown. Tough keeping track...it's a fast-moving industry in the WW Valley. Whether or not they're still there, I still nabbed one here.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
mat420 wrote:The blend is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Syrah. Single Vineyard grown.

Thanks..

iccrew98

quality posts: 8 Private Messages iccrew98
kaolis wrote:I'm confused about your statement the tasting room is not open yet..I believe this winery is no longer in business, which is why we are getting the current woot deals.

you are right. If you take a look at the last Woot from this Winery, I posted about their existence. Sorry I didn't get to write in on this one. This is a much better offer than the last. I was just too busy working on making a few wines the past few days to respond.those of you who did pick this up will be very excited about the wines, especially at the price. hopefully this will get more of you trying some northwest wines!

From I.T. to wine. My transition, my learning and my new life.
winejosh.com
twitter /winejosh
"The toughest part about going back to school for wine is knowing you wasted all that drinking the first time around."

toonvox

iccrew98 wrote:you are right. If you take a look at the last Woot from this Winery, I posted about their existence. Sorry I didn't get to write in on this one. This is a much better offer than the last. I was just too busy working on making a few wines the past few days to respond.those of you who did pick this up will be very excited about the wines, especially at the price. hopefully this will get more of you trying some northwest wines!

Josh...You must be heartened as I am that this was a sellout. True, most of the sales were here in the PacNW, but to the rest of the country - next time some WW wines crop up here, pull the trigger. It's like drinking nectar instead of medicine.

I'm having a blast plowing through your site, by the way. I hope DC/VA wises up to the offerings, and we'll stop into Va Piano soon.

(By the way, I think the whole "Ask for it by name" thing kinda killed Fjellene…)