rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Opening up for suggestions on a date...

Beef or Lamb on a charcoal grill?
Pasta of some description?
Something else?
Wine!

About 5-minutes from the Lakeside Rodeo Grounds.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Road trip! considering all the driving you do we will make it...dates?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Does this mean I get to make SoCal #34?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Tim: yes
Ron: Yes!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

I rather thought someone would hop in and fill the space.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
zTimothyBz wrote:Does this mean I get to make SoCal #34?



What have you been waiting for?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

I might be visiting my sister towards the end of May, early June. If you wanted to make a gathering around that time.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:I might be visiting my sister towards the end of May, early June. If you wanted to make a gathering around that time.

End of May, like Memorial Day weekend?
Don't know what I'll be doing, but could likely work that in.
I could see how that could conflict with plans others may have tho...

If you know the dates, post 'em so we can see if it'll work.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
zTimothyBz wrote:Does this mean I get to make SoCal #34?



Hurry Up!!! We need to make room for RPM Tour bottles!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:End of May, like Memorial Day weekend?
Don't know what I'll be doing, but could likely work that in.
I could see how that could conflict with plans others may have tho...

If you know the dates, post 'em so we can see if it'll work.


I'm actually think 5/31. Let me know if that works. Figured I'd throw out a date since nobody else has.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
CAGrl wrote:I'm actually think 5/31. Let me know if that works. Figured I'd throw out a date since nobody else has.



Works for me. San Diego Weekend!!!

And a free Monday to recover!


Although this would then probably be #34, and Tim's #35.


Or should I just go ahead and plan it? June 21st?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill


quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:Works for me. San Diego Weekend!!!

And a free Monday to recover!



If you have a time machine, maybe....

My Monday off is the 26th.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:I'm actually think 5/31. Let me know if that works. Figured I'd throw out a date since nobody else has.

Why do we no longer celebrate events on the proper day?
No, that belongs in "ticks"

So, the weekend after we observe Memorial Day.

Works for me, afaik at this point.

Others?

[edit]
50th annual rodeo this weekend here.
Ya'll missed your chance.

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Oops. I have something on the 31st. Would the 1st work as well? This is what happens when you post before checking the calendar.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:Oops. I have something on the 31st. Would the 1st work as well? This is what happens when you post before checking the calendar.

Sunday, June 1st?
Could be tough on those from the basin that need to return to produce revenue on Monday...

First weekend June 6~8 I'm in TX.
I need a house sitter.
Suppose I could leave a key and you could conduct a raid in my absence, just clean up afterwards.

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Well, another option always is Memorial weekend. I can see if I could talk the hubby into it and we could both make it down just for the weekend. He probably won't be happy about it though. Although at that point, we'd have to bring the dog. Hmmm. Let me re-look at the calendar and see if I can skip the event on the 31st.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

You need to change this to SoCal #34 ... since this will happen before any Irvine Locker or Lakewood gather.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:You need to change this to SoCal #34 ... since this will happen before any Irvine Locker or Lakewood gather.

Splendid improvement to the new is GROSS sig!
But methinks you are a bit optimistic on timing, nonetheless, I'll edit the title.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Last night some interest was expressed for Memorial Day weekend, observed, the three day one, rather than the the following weekend.
Thoughts were it may be easier for those traveling to take advantage of the extra day.
So....
thoughts?

CT

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Works for me. San Diego Weekend!!!

And a free Monday to recover!


Although this would then probably be #34, and Tim's #35.


Or should I just go ahead and plan it? June 21st?



Its not like you're going to show up anyway!

"The older I get the better I was"

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Last night some interest was expressed for Memorial Day weekend, observed, the three day one, rather than the the following weekend.
Thoughts were it may be easier for those traveling to take advantage of the extra day.
So....
thoughts?


So I'm still interested, but the only way I could make it down is if we could bring our dog to your place. Too late to find a boarding place for a long weekend.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:So I'm still interested, but the only way I could make it down is if we could bring our dog to your place. Too late to find a boarding place for a long weekend.

Yikes!
Kennel services too?
We do have a fenced dog run at the bottom of the property that is otherwise totally unfenced.

We have a Moluccan that has the run of the house, not sure how well a dog-bird pair would mix.
She's pretty protective of the territory, and generally makes cats take refuge. Just not sure about a pooch.

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Yikes!
Kennel services too?
We do have a fenced dog run at the bottom of the property that is otherwise totally unfenced.

We have a Moluccan that has the run of the house, not sure how well a dog-bird pair would mix.
She's pretty protective of the territory, and generally makes cats take refuge. Just not sure about a pooch.


Yeah. That's why I asked. Doubt I can justify going down there for a 3 day weekend without the hubby. And if hubby comes, the dog tags along. And I know how the gatherings go. I can't leave the dog along for that long in the hotel room.

So I guess we will be under the regrets.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
losthighwayz wrote:Its not like you're going to show up anyway!



Sure I will ... it's not like the theme will be Grenache or Pinot Noir or that Kyle will be there.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sure I will ... it's not like the theme will be Grenache or Pinot Noir or that Kyle will be there.

Right. Aged white Zin's!

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Right. Aged white Zin's!



Ha! I wonder if I can get some of those from WineBid?? BTW how close are you to mission bay?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:Yeah. That's why I asked. Doubt I can justify going down there for a 3 day weekend without the hubby. And if hubby comes, the dog tags along. And I know how the gatherings go. I can't leave the dog along for that long in the hotel room.

So I guess we will be under the regrets.



But but...dog run? Would that not do it?

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Ha! I wonder if I can get some of those from WineBid?? BTW how close are you to mission bay?

~16 miles; time depends on traffic and direction.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:But but...dog run? Would that not do it?

Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned it.

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned it.


Problem for my dog is that she has separation anxiety when she knows we're nearby and she's in a new place. So I have a feeling that she would bark a lot if she's not with us. So that's why it's a no go for us.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:Problem for my dog is that she has separation anxiety when she knows we're nearby and she's in a new place. So I have a feeling that she would bark a lot if she's not with us. So that's why it's a no go for us.

Check. Next time then.
And AJ has your Colombard.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

So we picking a date? Gotta start planning which weekend!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:So we picking a date? Gotta start planning which weekend!

The LA crew is pretty much driving the dates, but not too many have expressed interest.
I'm not going to break arms to get you guys (generically) down here.

June 3~16 are blackout days.

In, I think:
Klez & +1
Tyger & +1

Kyle, when might you be available?
Lost, ditto.
MdS, you coming?
Cortots ?
merbill's ?
zTimBz ?

Out:
CAGrl & dog



CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 183 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:The LA crew is pretty much driving the dates, but not too many have expressed interest.
I'm not going to break arms to get you guys (generically) down here.

June 3~16 are blackout days.

In, I think:
Klez & +1
Tyger & +1

Kyle, when might you be available?
Lost, ditto.
MdS, you coming?
Cortots ?
merbill's ?
zTimBz ?

Out:
CAGrl & dog



Memorial Day Saturday??


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Memorial Day Saturday??

No conflicts, I know of, here.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:No conflicts, I know of, here.



The cortots are out for May, Junes not looking promising either. So definitely don't plan around us.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Yeah, seriously. I just checked, did a double-take, jaw hit the floor, came to take a closer look and saw it was gone. Sadness. Anybody want to share?

More vintages? Older? Maybe some 1980 or 1984, WD? Birth year wines are always a good thing.

Here's a thought for a theme;
Cabs, 25 and older,
or we could do 21 and up to just make them 'legal'.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

I don't have a huge selection of those, but I do have some. Gotta make sure Tim joins us in that case too! He's always got something really interesting - like the 1986 GunBun he brought to my place a while back.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

If we were to do cabs
I think I have...

  • 1969 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Georges de Latour Private Reserve
  • 1973 Freemark Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon Bosché Vineyard
  • 1974 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Special Selection
  • 1977 Hacienda Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Buena Vista
  • 1978 Carneros Creek Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Turnbull-Fay
  • 1979 Zaca Mesa Cabernet Sauvignon
  • 1979 Sanford & Benedict Cabernet Sauvignon
  • 1984 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
  • 1986 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
  • 1987 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
  • 1989 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
  • 1992 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
  • 1993 Raymond Vineyard & Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

A lot of Raymond in there, but there's been a lot that's come up lately to contribute.
Most of the 70's were purchased at release.
If we loosen things up a few years, we start getting into the Corison, Kronos, Dry Creek Vineyard and Ardente.

The '74 and '77 are daughter birth years however, so I think I'd have to exclude those.

Darn, we really should have rpm here for some of those.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Memorial Day weekend is out for us
Taking our daughter for one last vacation before we kick her out to college Everything after is good except June 7 weekend.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson