cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Calling all wine wooter nhl fans,
I filled out the bracket challenge on NHL.com and created a custom league for wine wooters. Please join today before the games start if you want to participate. Should be fun.
http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/leagues/32703?locale=en
Password is: wooters

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:Calling all wine wooter nhl fans,
I filled out the bracket challenge on NHL.com and created a custom league for wine wooters. Please join today before the games start if you want to participate. Should be fun.
http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/leagues/32703?locale=en
Password is: wooters

Done!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Go Kings!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

I went 7/8 in the first round, not to shabby,

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I went 7/8 in the first round, not to shabby,

Yes, but if the Kings win the Stanley Cup .... it won't matter!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but if the Kings win the Stanley Cup .... it won't matter!

Ahem! They've now placed themselves at risk for not making it into the finals, needing to win tomorrow night in the home of the defending champions.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
ddeuddeg wrote:Ahem! They've now placed themselves at risk for not making it into the finals, needing to win tomorrow night in the home of the defending champions.

Crap

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

ddeuddeg wrote:Ahem! They've now placed themselves at risk for not making it into the finals, needing to win tomorrow night in the home of the defending champions.

They are going to have to show some grit on Sunday night and keep Kane out of the game. He's been the difference maker the last couple of games having 7 points on 9 goals. Win or lose it should be a great game 7.

CT

MarkDaSpark

True, but then again, haven't they done that most of these playoffs?

It almost seems like they play their best in Game 7's.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:They are going to have to show some grit on Sunday night and keep Kane out of the game. He's been the difference maker the last couple of games having 7 points on 9 goals. Win or lose it should be a great game 7.

Thus, my extra man in my sig!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:True, but then again, haven't they done that most of these playoffs?

They haven't played a game 7 in Chicago yet. We'll see.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:They haven't played a game 7 in Chicago yet. We'll see.

Neither have the Blackheads.

Only Game 6 in rounds 1 & 2 for them, whereas Kings have had Game 7 in all three rounds now. Third times a charm!

Edit: And remember the Kings are the 2012 Champs, and most of them are still on the team.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:True, but then again, haven't they done that most of these playoffs?

Glad I didn't join this - I would of had the Ducks over the Kings and been long gone by now.

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Glad I didn't join this - I would of had the Ducks over the Kings and been long gone by now.

Not necessarily .. I don't think either of us had the Rangers.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not necessarily .. I don't think either of us had the Rangers.

I had the rangers in the eastern conference final but the bruins winning. Other than that blunder i got most of the rest right.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I had the rangers in the eastern conference final but the bruins winning. Other than that blunder i got most of the rest right.

Except for Colorado. You are only 35 points ahead, but if the Kings win the Stanley Cup, it's 100 points to me.

MarkDaSpark

3 down, 1 to go!

MarkDaSpark

So .... what did I win?

Winewoot
Leaderboard

ROUND POINTS

ENTRY ROUND ONE ROUND TWO CONF. FINALS STANLEY CUP TOTAL CHAMP
MarkDaSpark2014 69 50 50 100 269
CoryT2014 79 75 50 0 204

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:So .... what did I win?

Winewoot
Leaderboard

ROUND POINTS

ENTRY ROUND ONE ROUND TWO CONF. FINALS STANLEY CUP TOTAL CHAMP
MarkDaSpark2014 69 50 50 100 269
CoryT2014 79 75 50 0 204

Pride. Not that you needed any more of it.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Pride. Not that you needed any more of it.

Pride would be if I had actually known about the teams to begin with.

But I guess hometown pride in the Kings would count.