cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Woot had a 2010 Gilbert up that was pretty good, and the 2006 Dignus I always chuckle at when trying to say it.
Then there was the 2005 Urraca from Argentina I dropped when I went to pull a bottle from the cellar to rat, and dropped it.
Really smelled like a barrel room for nearly a month after that one.

No, not much here either.

Found the Dignus.

I have had the Gilbert red blend before it was excellent. I need to jump on their wines next time they come up.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
merbill wrote:You need to adopt either the Kings or Ducks as your new home team. They both have more Stanley Cups in this century than all the Canadian teams combined.

My home team will always be the Leafs. Sometimes I wish they weren't (like when they slide from 3rd to the basement in 6 weeks), but c'est la vie. I did enjoy the Sharks, though, when I was near them. There's no draw yet for me for the Kings, and definitely not the Ducks - they're just too far away.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
ThunderThighs wrote:Happy Friday!

Babysitting 3 yorkies this weekend.

Happy Friday!! 3 yorkies?!! not my favorite breed... hope they don't drive you crazy!!

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:My home team will always be the Leafs. Sometimes I wish they weren't (like when they slide from 3rd to the basement in 6 weeks), but c'est la vie. I did enjoy the Sharks, though, when I was near them. There's no draw yet for me for the Kings,

I didn't say you had to give up your original home team, just add some more to the list of teams you favor.

and definitely not the Ducks - they're just too far away.

That's kind of how I feel about Culver City....

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
merbill wrote:That's kind of how I feel about Culver City....

I root for two teams:

1) The Sharks (apex predator)
2) Any team playing the Kings.

Currently that's the same team, so bonus.

More than 100 hits in a game? That's Hockey!

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

klezman

merbill wrote:That's kind of how I feel about Culver City....

But if you hosted a gathering I'd definitely be there!

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JOATMON wrote:I root for two teams:

1) The Sharks (apex predator)
2) Any team playing the Kings.

Currently that's the same team, so bonus.

More than 100 hits in a game? That's Hockey!

Funny, mine is the opposite ...

1) The Kings (apex royalty)
2) Any team playing the Sharks (hasn't changed in over a million years ... stagnant).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Easter!!!! And Passover!!!

And

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Happy Easter!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Our week in a nutshell: crap.

Sunday was nice recovery day from vacation. Monday was first day back to work which was slow, and then I went to get groceries.

And that's when it all fell apart.

On my way home, I stopped at a red light behind someone, and the guy behind me decided he did not need to stop. Slammed into me and pushed me into the car in front of me. Trunk got pushed into my back seat, back window shattered, front got crumpled, passenger side doors got jammed. No airbags deployed, seat belt did its job, but my head smacked the headrest quite painfully. Somehow HAK retrieved the groceries from the trunk when he arrived - some casualties there: 2 broken squash and glass in every bag.

Driver had a breathalyzer in his truck that he had to use to start the engine. He claims he is required to use it every 10 minutes while driving which I finds hard to believe. Said he was reaching for it and that's when he hit me. There was a witness who stayed behind to give a statement.

Went to the ER to get checked out, no concussion and they didn't feel I needed advanced testing. Just a good deal of pain. Was unable to work on Tuesday, couldn't sit in the does chair more than about 15 minutes at a time from the stiffness and soreness. Same for Wednesday. Went to the chiropractor on Tuesday and that helped greatly, and again on Wednesday. By Thursday I was able to work again - but HAK had developed a cold.

I found a lovely car at my dad's dealership on their website. It's not new new, but it almost is - 2013 Toyota Venza LE V6 with only 1741 miles on it. It was a lease trade-in from a guy who changes cars every couple of months. Got it for about 8k less than the brand new version of it.

So Thursday, HAK put me on a train to NJ so I could go get the car. Spent a couple days with my parents, came home yesterday and promptly developed a cold myself.

Still waiting on the official word from the insurance company a about the car, but they flagged it an early total loss and the agent was pretty sure it would be - there's no fixing that damage, and certainty not for less than the value of the car. It's a 2008... The other guy's insurance also already unofficially told us they would be taking full liability for it.

So I got a new car. And a cold. Happy Easter

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:Our week in a nutshell: crap.

Sunday was nice recovery day from vacation. Monday was first day back to work which was slow, and then I went to get groceries.

On my way home, I stopped at a red light behind someone, and the guy behind me decided he did not need to stop. Slammed into me and pushed me into the car in front of me. Trunk got pushed into my back seat, back window shattered, front got crumpled, passenger side doors got jammed. No airbags deployed, seat belt did its job, but my head smacked the headrest quite painfully. Somehow HAK retrieved the groceries from the trunk when he arrived - some casualties there: 2 broken squash and glass in every bag.

Driver had a breathalyzer in his truck that he had to use to start the engine. He claims he is required to use it every 10 minutes while driving which I finds hard to believe. Said he was reaching for it and that's when he hit me. There was a witness who stayed behind to give a statement.

Went to the ER to get checked out, no concussion and they didn't feel I needed advanced testing. Just a good deal of pain. Was unable to work on Tuesday, couldn't sit in the does chair more than about 15 minutes at a time from the stiffness and soreness. Same for Wednesday. Went to the chiropractor on Tuesday and that helped greatly, and again on Wednesday. By Thursday I was able to work again - but HAK had developed a cold.

I found a lovely car at my dad's dealership on their website. It's not new new, but it almost is - 2013 Toyota Venza LE V6 with only 1741 miles on it. It was a lease trade-in from a guy who changes cars every couple of months. Got it for about 8k less than the brand new version of it.

So Thursday, HAK put me on a train to NJ so I could go get the car. Spent a couple days with my parents, came home yesterday and promptly developed a cold myself.

Still waiting on the official word from the insurance company a about the car, but they flagged it an early total loss and the agent was pretty sure it would be - there's no fixing that damage, and certainty not for less than the value of the car. It's a 2008... The other guy's insurance also already unofficially told us they would be taking full liability for it.

Glad there's nothing that time, and a check, can't fix. When the liability is clear, the insurance companies like to wrap it up fast.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman

cheron98 wrote:So I got a new car. And a cold. Happy Easter

Yay for new car!
Boo for road █████s and a cold
Happy Easter!

Glad you're ok.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Yay for new car!
Boo for road █████s and a cold
Happy Easter!

Glad you're ok.

New woot filters are totally uninspired.
Rather like some agency redacting 90% of a document requested via a FOIA.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Easter to those who are celebrating! I am totally beat from all of the singing since Tuesday! Long rehearsals Tues & Wed and then, services Thurs - Sun! I'm glad that we went to my niece's for dinner and didn't have to do a full dinner! ddeuddeg made a Vermont Maple Cheesecake. It was delicious!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Man, that has to suck. Was this the orange Prius C?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sincere Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates. My wife's family does (both of them) and my mom likes the holiday so we saw all three parents/grandparents in one weekend. Exhausted but made me (re)appreciate the importance of such celebrations.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I like the Venza's a lot. That will likely be our next car when we start the whole kid thing. Sounds like a win to me.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:I like the Venza's a lot. That will likely be our next car when we start the whole kid thing. Sounds like a win to me.

If I were to buy a car tomorrow, I'd buy the new Jeep. My second choice would easily be the Venza. Two awesome looking, reliable, great kid cars, IM(now kid-experienced)O.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen