salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth
agingdragqueen wrote:Hello Wine friend, we stopped doing weekday-daily wine polls because we were running out of things to ask about wine and were getting called out for repeats (understandably). If there's something you would like to see asked on Wine, we would be happy to utilize that on a poll (you can even email me at lamentations@woot.com!), but it's pretty doubtful that we will be able to come up with some solid poll questions for Wine M-F.

But maybe this is a good thing to talk about? Are there other subjects in Wine polls we should be asking about?

You can't come up with solid poll questions enough? Wow. I'll have to send some in. Off the top of my head:

Fanciest drinkware, preferred location to drink, which wine with pizza/burgers/dessert/etc., wine cocktails, ice in your wine, what is "room temperature", weirdest place you've had wine, highest/lowest altitude you've had wine, worst wine disaster, wine gums, wine jelly, wine reviewers, weirdest pairing that worked, wine with video games, wine and sports events, wines you'd spray at a victory event, and on and on and on.

I'm high on coffee, by the way.

yflog1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yflog1

Hmmm...I want to drink wine. Really bad in fact. Shouldn't be a surprising comment to anyone considering your actually reading the wine.woot comments section.

Seeing as how my current situation leaves me with the choice of either using one of the selections in the poll...or...ummm..not drinking wine, I'll take that paper cup, bottle, shoe... hell pour it in my hat and I'll lap it up like a dog.

Did I mention I enjoy wine? Cheers.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

A woman's navel.

Totally worth it.

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
hared wrote:You know those box wines? With the nozzles? That.

I just sprayed coffee all over my monitor.

xtobiasx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xtobiasx

monte and mortimers water bowls.

Zup11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zup11

E) All of the Above... plus from a bota bag and straight from the box tap.

leighmcd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leighmcd

All of the above and then some.

slephoto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slephoto
gholt121 wrote:All the above.

Ditto, plus a few odder things.

art4lee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages art4lee

How about sitting on a curb drinking from the bottle in a brown paper bag?

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
gholt121 wrote:All the above.

although, when consuming wine from a bottle, it really isn't sipping... more like swigging.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
art4lee wrote:How about sitting on a curb drinking from the bottle in a brown paper bag?

That reminds me of one of those crazy old laws that are still on the books. I forget which state but there is a law against drinking beer out of a bucket while sitting on a curb.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:That reminds me of one of those crazy old laws that are still on the books. I forget which state but there is a law against drinking beer out of a bucket while sitting on a curb.

"Sitting on a curb" was the trigger.
Late 60's, during lunch, sitting on a sidewalk leaning against the side of the building where I worked, likely looked like I was napping, taking in some rays on a nice SoCal day. Soda sitting next to me.

Clink, clink.

Didn't open my eyes quite fast enough to see who deposited some coins in my can.

True story.

Should have had a jug in a brown paper sack.

This was however just across the street from where I got my first decent bottle of Inglenook at 'The Little Brown Jug', run by the Greek brothers Maheras.

Good times.

CT