ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis

Ty, although this is a new blend for you, What are you projecting the drinking window to be?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:It seems you may have missed your calling; politics.

Ouch RJ! But yes, I feel likewise. I'd love to hear more about the "Why" to this blend in straight terms. Trying to hit a different style? Juice too good for rachus? Please elaborate! We're excited for this new offering we just want to know more than tasting notes about it!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

TyCaton

quality posts: 48 Private Messages TyCaton
ltraffis wrote:Ty, although this is a new blend for you, What are you projecting the drinking window to be?

Always a tough, subjective question. This wine is ready to drink right now, right out of the bottle. Five years from now, it will still be good and in tact, but no reason to wait.

/tycaton/

TyCaton

cmaldoon wrote:Ouch RJ! But yes, I feel likewise. I'd love to hear more about the "Why" to this blend in straight terms. Trying to hit a different style? Juice too good for rachus? Please elaborate! We're excited for this new offering we just want to know more than tasting notes about it!

I love zin and I love zin blends and I've wanted to make a zin blend for a few years. But, I don't grow zin so I had to come up with another name, i.e. not Ty Caton. While I was working at the tasting room one day, a customer hollered over to me, "hey Ty", you could call your next blend enticement! I never forgot that. I also wanted to make a more affordable wine and that means buying grapes that are not from my vineyard. I put the three ideas together and came up with enTycement. It's a very nice wine (if I do say so myself)

/tycaton/

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
TyCaton wrote:I love zin and I love zin blends and I've wanted to make a zin blend for a few years. But, I don't grow zin so I had to come up with another name, i.e. not Ty Caton. While I was working at the tasting room one day, a customer hollered over to me, "hey Ty", you could call your next blend enticement! I never forgot that. I also wanted to make a more affordable wine and that means buying grapes that are not from my vineyard. I put the three ideas together and came up with enTycement. It's a very nice wine (if I do say so myself)

Thank you! That's awesome and exactly what I was looking for!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
cmaldoon wrote:Thank you! That's awesome and exactly what I was looking for!

+1
but it sure was difficult getting here.
thanks Ty.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
dalematthew wrote:Woot launch!!

Woot Trivia: When the Woot Launch icon first appeared, it was so small, it was referred to as the "Pope Hat".

And Ty is an auto-buy. Better than my wine club (which is way more than $5 shipping!).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

parnelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parnelli

So ... I guess those of us from MN aren't going to have the chance to purchase this ... bummer! I was hoping for a little cooperation. Maybe I'll just stop doing anything with Amazon as a protest ... how 'bout the rest of you?

Parnelli

HUH?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HUH?
MarkDaSpark wrote:Woot Trivia: When the Woot Launch icon first appeared, it was so small, it was referred to as the "Pope Hat".

And Ty is an auto-buy. Better than my wine club (which is way more than $5 shipping!).

It also used to wiggle:

Todays, for comparison:

71st.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

agghhhh! I want this...should be saving money.......what should I do?

TyCaton

mommadeb1 wrote:agghhhh! I want this...should be saving money.......what should I do?

go in! Only an hour left..... its worth it

/tycaton/

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
parnelli wrote:So ... I guess those of us from MN aren't going to have the chance to purchase this ... bummer! I was hoping for a little cooperation. Maybe I'll just stop doing anything with Amazon as a protest ... how 'bout the rest of you?

Why don't you just contact Ty Caton cellars directly and ask for the woot deal as was previously discussed? WineDavid is cool with it, Ty wants to sell you some wine and he has already said that he ships to MN. You might have to pay a bit more for shipping but still the same per bottle $$$.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
TyCaton wrote:go in! Only an hour left..... its worth it

so, what you are saying... I like Rachus and your other wines... I should buy this?!!

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Ty,

I just sent you a PM.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

TyCaton

nathanbsmith wrote:Ty,

I just sent you a PM.

Can you email me at ty@tycaton.com

/tycaton/

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
TyCaton wrote:Can you email me at ty@tycaton.com

I just sent you one also here. Internet was down and just missed this by 10 minutes!

treylunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treylunn

This is good stuff!