WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Martellotto Santa Barbara Chardonnay (3)

Speed to First Woot:
38m 29.447s
First Sucker:
bronxdo
Last Wooter to Woot:
rickyrod2
Last Purchase:
9 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 24% of Wine Woots
Top 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 21% of Wine Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 5% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 5% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 70% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 10% one month old
  • 5% one year old
  • 85% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 80% bought 1
  • 20% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
5%
10%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
5%
20%
10%
15%
5%
10%
10%
5%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1698 Private Messages Cesare

Martellotto Santa Barbara Chardonnay 3 Pack
$59.99 $133.00 55% off List Price
2011 Martellotto Chardonnay, Santa Barbara County, Sierra Madre Vineyard
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Tasting Note

We had the opportunity to try this wine on Friday. Thanks to the flying monkeys. We chilled the wine, and paired it with some fried cod.

The aroma was of oak and lemon. After it warmed a little, we got the apple on the label. The wine was crisp with good acidity. The lemon flavor came through clearly. The oak notes were more muted on the palate, with some very nice vanilla. Definitely liked the oak treatment on this wine. Just adds a nice balance, not too much.

We liked this better with the food than on its own. It held its own against the oil in the fish and cleared the palate. It is pleasant enough alone, but better with the meal.

And the wine is offered here right about what I thought would be a good woot price for the wine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Just ordered and lit up my state. This was a very nice Chard to have in the cellar for the summer. Too much basketball on the West Coast? Still walking up?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

sdfreedive

quality posts: 28 Private Messages sdfreedive

So the amazing monkey came by and dropped off a bottle of the Chardonnay. I tossed it into the fridge to let it settle and cool down a bit.

On Pnp I got a great nose of honeysuckle. Smelled really nice. On the palate you get a decent amount of acidity and just a bit of mineral zip, nothing like a French Chablis but a hint of it. Pretty decent mouthfeel with the slight zip in the beginning; the acid rounding out the middle, not an overwhelming acid but balanced; and then a almost sweet aftertaste, the sweetness was from the fruits as opposed to any RS. Flavorwise, I got a mild honey and a stronger citrus, lemon. No tart green apple in this one, though the acid was clearly there. There is a slight vanilla flavor that is the most pronounced for me in the aftertaste, and its good.

It was better with food since the acid cuts through fats and oils well. It's a good wine for a meal, I think it'd be great for outdoor summer lunches. At the price offered I'm intrigued.

SWMBO liked it, she's a fan of flinty whites, and she thought it would great for parties as a food wine as it appeals to a wide range of drinkers.

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20
polarbear22 wrote:Just ordered and lit up my state. This was a very nice Chard to have in the cellar for the summer. Too much basketball on the West Coast? Still walking up?

Yeah, we just don't drink chard.............otherwise I would show some interest.

CT