$49.99 $103.00 51% off List Price
2011 Riesling, Columbia Valley
2011 Freyja, Columbia Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

This is a nice offer. My dad likes Riesling. (A lot) my wife likes PG and Viognier and the price is nice. So let's see if there's anything in woot plus that is interesting tomorrow morning before we pull the trigger.

This also looks to be an end of vintage type of sale, so can the winery comment on how long they think these will hold their freshness.

CT

bootricia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bootricia

I love gard wines. We got the mixed whites last year and loved them so much we went back and ordered more. This round our state isn't on the happy shipping list...and I am so sad. :-(

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

It seems that the write up and the specs don't match. The write up is about three 2009 wines while the photo and specs show two 2011 wines.

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
JanFP wrote:It seems that the write up and the specs don't match. The write up is about three 2009 wines while the photo and specs show two 2011 wines.

Disregard the write-up.

Disappointed that the Freyja is now 49% Viognier. Seems like they still don't know what they want this wine to be, which is a shame as it could be their flagship white if the blend was a little more consistent.

Also, both the Riesling and Freyja are available on the Gård website for the same price as today's offer if you buy a case ($99 case sale). The shipping is probably quite a bit more than $5 but if anyone wants just the Riesling or just the Freyja (or if you're in a non-wine.woot state), you might want to consider buying direct. Gård is also offering Pinot Gris and Rosé for $99/case.

jaimelobo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaimelobo
chipgreen wrote:...Also, both the Riesling and Freyja are available on the Gård website for the same price as today's offer if you buy a case ($99 case sale). The shipping is probably quite a bit more than $5 but if anyone wants just the Riesling or just the Freyja (or if you're in a non-wine.woot state), you might want to consider buying direct. Gård is also offering Pinot Gris and Rosé for $99/case.

In case anyone was wondering -- tax and(cheapest) shipping was $55 to Florida, when I plugged in a dummy order for a case.

lisat5

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lisat5
chipgreen wrote:Disregard the write-up.

Disappointed that the Freyja is now 49% Viognier. Seems like they still don't know what they want this wine to be, which is a shame as it could be their flagship white if the blend was a little more consistent.

Hi there - Lisa from Gard chiming in today. Thanks for your interest! The Freyja is an evolving white blend for us, yes. It's final resting place in 2012 and beyond will be entirely Rhone based and predominantly Viognier, with Roussanne. These are end-of-vintage whites, but easily have another year+ for great drinkability.

lisat5

jaimelobo wrote:In case anyone was wondering -- tax and(cheapest) shipping was $55 to Florida, when I plugged in a dummy order for a case.

Yeah, you can't beat the deal when you factor in Woot's sweet shipping rate of $5!

lisat5

JanFP wrote:It seems that the write up and the specs don't match. The write up is about three 2009 wines while the photo and specs show two 2011 wines.

Thanks. We'll get that description corrected with Woot. It is indeed the 2011 Freyja (Viognier/Roussanne/Pinot Gris blend) and 2011 Riesling.

lisat5

bootricia wrote:I love gard wines. We got the mixed whites last year and loved them so much we went back and ordered more. This round our state isn't on the happy shipping list...and I am so sad. :-(

Thank you! Sorry we can't ship to your state this round.

lisat5

cortot20 wrote:This is a nice offer. My dad likes Riesling. (A lot) my wife likes PG and Viognier and the price is nice. So let's see if there's anything in woot plus that is interesting tomorrow morning before we pull the trigger.

This also looks to be an end of vintage type of sale, so can the winery comment on how long they think these will hold their freshness.

Thank you! These are great everyday wines - perfect for spring/summer. Yes, this is the end of the 2011 white vintage for us. They've easily got another year+ for longevity.

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex

The State of New Hampshire used to be wine friendly, now it's a buzz kill on everything.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

Anybody from the community have tasting notes on these? Curious on putting in an order or two if there's some more feedback..

Thanks!

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
deecue wrote:Anybody from the community have tasting notes on these? Curious on putting in an order or two if there's some more feedback..

Thanks!

Actually, don't worry about it. I ended up just searching for past threads which is what I should have originally done in the first place. ;)

Think I'll pass on this one..

Thanks everybody,
dave