mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Yup, get it by the case.

I'm counting on you to let me know when it is on sale!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Dammit! More snow!

You want more snow?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:I just opened a PennyFarthing Barbera
that CaGrl was kind enough to let me try.... All I can say is.... the next time this is on sale... someone PLEASE let me know!! This is awesome!! I don't know how I missed out on this one..... but now I am sad I did.....

That has been my favorite surprise of the case. Not an expensive bottle, but we love it. I've bought the case offer twice.

The case offer was a mixed case for $199 that has two bottles of the Barbara. I haven't seen it on its own.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

A real nice day today. Get all excited, and fire up the smoker. Make a run to the store to pick up a couple things, come home, and the smoker is dead. Plugged and replugged, no hope. Checked the circuit, that's ok, too. The thing isn't even a year old. Of course, you'd think Masterbuilt would have a year warranty or something like that. Nope, 90 days (way to stand behind your products).

Fail.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

otolith wrote:A real nice day today. Get all excited, and fire up the smoker. Make a run to the store to pick up a couple things, come home, and the smoker is dead. Plugged and replugged, no hope. Checked the circuit, that's ok, too. The thing isn't even a year old. Of course, you'd think Masterbuilt would have a year warranty or something like that. Nope, 90 days (way to stand behind your products).

Fail.

Oh crap. If you have the control panel that you had to mount on top, suggest that you check that connection.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:Of course, you'd think Masterbuilt would have a year warranty or something like that. Nope, 90 days (way to stand behind your products).

Fail.

Which model, exactly?

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

OK, fail on my part. The circuit didn't trip, but the GFCI plug did...A plug downstairs has the same circuit as the plugs outside. I think the smoker and the freezer on the same circuit probably tripped it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

otolith wrote:OK, fail on my part. The circuit didn't trip, but the GFCI plug did...A plug downstairs has the same circuit as the plugs outside. I think the smoker and the freezer on the same circuit probably tripped it.

Yeah. Back to the smoked salmon. And less worries on my own smoker.

My Cellar

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
cortot20 wrote:Everyone in SoCal shake rattle and roll. Lost and Merbill are fairly close and I hope you guys are doing alright.

We're fine, just a little "shaken". We're about 4 miles or so due east of the epicenter. My Mom actually lives in La Habra - she OK's but she had a lot of things fall down in her house, included a very old Grandfather clock. No structural damage though. As for the area, water main breaks and damaged masonry were predominate.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
merbill wrote:We're fine, just a little "shaken". We're about 4 miles or so due east of the epicenter. My Mom actually lives in La Habra - she OK's but she had a lot of things fall down in her house, included a very old Grandfather clock. No structural damage though. As for the area, water main breaks and damaged masonry were predominate.

A Grandfather clock fell down and went boom? Wow! That's a pretty big item! My cousin in Ontario, CA typically puts some of the green sticky tack that they use in floral arrangements on the bottom of her knick-knacks so they don't fall off their shelves during a quake. It really was strange the first time I visited and tried to pick up a Hummel to get a better look at it and it didn't want to budge off the shelf! Glad you guys are alright.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

For those that don't know....2012 Iron Horse Unoaked Chard up on Invino for $19.99/bottle (compared to $28 retail). Might be a good time to snatch some up. Buy at least 3 bottles and it's only $10 shipping.
If anyone needs an invite, toss me an email or PM or something. I could certainly use some referral credits.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
mother wrote:What part of Florida?

Destin area

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:OK, fail on my part. The circuit didn't trip, but the GFCI plug did...A plug downstairs has the same circuit as the plugs outside. I think the smoker and the freezer on the same circuit probably tripped it.

this makes sense cause mine is still rocking along no problems and I treat it rough.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bkarlan wrote:Destin area

is that the white sand place? Not bad news to get that news.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)