MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Duplicated from last week ...

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 16.
The run up to March Madness is about to begin!
Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March
TBD: Houston Area Kick-start

April
4/26: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Like I said...

Yes, if they don't pop up on a Plus Deal today then I'm just gonna order it new from Amazon. Another month of actual phone service while I wait on woot, will make up the difference. Basically, prepare for an all Ooma woot tomorrow.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

Is it me, or does the Wine Poll this week seem invaded by Juvie Wooters?

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
MarkDaSpark wrote:Is it me, or does the Wine Poll this week seem invaded by Juvie Wooters?

Lets keep it up! It's great!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

first day of spring break... and it has rained all day, and it will be raining all week.... and cold!! looks like Wednesday will be the only day with no rain...... yuck!!

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
mommadeb1 wrote:first day of spring break... and it has rained all day, and it will be raining all week.... and cold!! looks like Wednesday will be the only day with no rain...... yuck!!

Time to catch up on indoor activities.... like drinking wine!

mommadeb1

trifecta wrote:Time to catch up on indoor activities.... like drinking wine!

I have been doing that!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
ThunderThighs wrote:Hello.

Hi.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to merbill!!

Happy Birthday to merbill!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:Hello.

Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

IFTFY

CT

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:IFTFY

Yes, so you did. Thank you.

Never realized what a borderline-creepy, stalker-y video this was, though I guess the happy ending redeems it. I used to turn my nose up at his schmaltz in my younger days, but as I've traveled well into middle-aged territory I've come to appreciate that the man has a tremendous facility for writing great pop songs.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Good times at work today. Using google translate word by word for a Japanese patent. (This is the only way I've figured out to get a machine translation of text contained within a table)

And finally - I have a new oven! It only took 5 or 6 repair visits and some help from the builder and Home Depot regional manager. Here's hoping this one works properly.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
chemvictim wrote:Good times at work today. Using google translate word by word for a Japanese patent. (This is the only way I've figured out to get a machine translation of text contained within a table)

And finally - I have a new oven! It only took 5 or 6 repair visits and some help from the builder and Home Depot regional manager. Here's hoping this one works properly.

No Japanese speakers in the house?

And congrats, finally, on the new oven!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We had a Total Wines open in our area. Holy Crap is that a HUGE wine shop and liquor store.

Went there with a coupon to get a free wine carry tote, and a free cork screw, and bought a local dessert wine. The wine rang up at a significantly decreased cost than it should, and I didn't quite realize it until after I purchased it (I'm a firm believer in Karma, so I had to correct their mistake). So, the manager had to "fix" it, and made a comment along the lines of "Wow, this is an expensive bottle of wine for how small it is!" I'm not left thinking she knows a lot about wine...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

I am so sick of being sick in one way or another. Went to the doc Friday after battling with a cough for over a month. She figures that it's a sinus infection. Apparently, the crud keeps draining and is causing the worst cough ever! The "pearls" cough suppressants that she gave me really seem to help. It's just brutal going in to teach every day! Still, I went to a two hour choir rehearsal tonight. Managed pretty well. Just happy to be home and be quiet.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to MichelleShari and Klezman!!

Happy Birthday to MichelleShari and Klezman!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

mommadeb1

Happy birthday!

Watching the news...is everyone OK??!! Between the mudslide and the winter storm.......makes me worried!

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

To all SoCal wine wooters and vacationers passing through.
SoCal #33 thread is created and awaiting your interest. Please post accordingly.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

And happy bday klez.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:And happy bday klez.

Indeed! Both of them within weeks even..

CT

rjquillin

ThunderThighs

Staff

Winery is in the thread now.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Indeed! Both of them within weeks even..

Thanks!

Yes, we're 3 weeks, +/- 4 years apart.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bahwm

Happy Birthday, Klez & Michelle! Hope you both have/had a great day!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

I called the doctor's office to get a refill on the pearls for my cough. I've been trying to figure how I have so few of these remaining when 30 were prescribed. I only have 4 left. Even at 3 a day, which I haven't done every day since Friday, it still doesn't add up. I decided to count out my antibiotic that I am taking 2x per day and I still have 20 left!? It appears that they gave me 20 pearls and 30 antibiotics! The label clearly states 20 in the antibiotic bottle. Wanna make a bet that the pharmacy won't re-fill the pearls because I should have plenty left????

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Happy birthday!

Watching the news...is everyone OK??!! Between the mudslide and the winter storm.......makes me worried!

We're good out here! NO snow!

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:I called the doctor's office to get a refill on the pearls for my cough. I've been trying to figure how I have so few of these remaining when 30 were prescribed. I only have 4 left. Even at 3 a day, which I haven't done every day since Friday, it still doesn't add up. I decided to count out my antibiotic that I am taking 2x per day and I still have 20 left!? It appears that they gave me 20 pearls and 30 antibiotics! The label clearly states 20 in the antibiotic bottle. Wanna make a bet that the pharmacy won't re-fill the pearls because I should have plenty left????

Call your doc and get a re-up?
Welcome to O-care.

CT

HUH?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HUH?

Does this work? I guess it has been a while, eh?

71st.

ThunderThighs

Staff

HUH? wrote:Does this work? I guess it has been a while, eh?

Huh?

FORUM MODERATOR

InFrom

ThunderThighs wrote:Huh?

Looks like someone discovered an acct they started way back in ought-four. I guess it does work!

ps It does make me wonder -- who Huh?

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:Looks like someone discovered an acct they started way back in ought-four. I guess it does work!

ps It does make me wonder -- who Huh?

I'm wondering who can remember an unused PW for that period of time.

CT

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:I'm wondering who can remember an unused PW for that period of time.

I save mine (at least the more inconsequential ones) in a folder in one of my email accounts. (That's what the security experts say to do, right? )

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:Call your doc and get a re-up?
Welcome to O-care.

What, pharmacy mess-ups are something new? Who knew?

rjquillin

InFrom wrote:I save mine (at least the more inconsequential ones) in a folder in one of my email accounts. (That's what the security experts say to do, right? )

Naw. You're supposed to write them on a post-it that's on the bottom of your keyboard.

CT

InFrom

rjquillin wrote:Naw. You're supposed to write them on a post-it that's on the bottom of your keyboard.

I only do that with the ones for banks and mutual-fund companies.

Actually, I keep saying I'm going to start using a password manager, but procrastination always wins the day.

rjquillin

Fred, PM

CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
HUH? wrote:Does this work? I guess it has been a while, eh?

Have you logged in since day 2? Dayum, there goes my claim to fame around here. ;)