MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!

Here's to the wine we love to drink, and the food we like to eat.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts, let's pray they never meet.
Here's champagne for our real friends And real pain for our sham friends.
And when this life is over, may all of us find peace.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Well, Woot is now into March Madness ... the Woot-Off started early!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 16.
The run up to March Madness is about to begin!
Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March
3/22: NorCal: Winemaker trip out to Winesmith
TBD: Houston Area Kick-start

April
4/26: NYC #21: A Syrah Grows in Brooklyn

Summer
TBD: 2014 RPM History Tour Interest Thread

Pending
TBD: Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Third!

You missed!!!

And Tag!

MarkDaSpark

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2014!!!

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Yup, always fun to be woken up by an earthquake. Epicentre was right rear tytiger's place, actually. Apparently this one was shallow, so it felt pretty shaky, but not too intense.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Yup, always fun to be woken up by an earthquake. Epicentre was right rear tytiger's place, actually. Apparently this one was shallow, so it felt pretty shaky, but not too intense.

I somehow didn't feel it but my wife did. Of course we are a solid 40 miles from you and the epicenter so it makes sense.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:Yup, always fun to be woken up by an earthquake. Epicentre was right rear tytiger's place, actually. Apparently this one was shallow, so it felt pretty shaky, but not too intense.

Yeah, 4.7 isn't too bad. Big enough to make sure you're paying attention, not really big enough to cause (structural) damage.

Glad to hear you all are ok!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Yup right under my house, but no broken bottles so no worries

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Yup right under my house, but no broken bottles so no worries

Geez... just looked up the reported epicenter and you're not kidding!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So you're saying it's your fault?

Geology humor, love it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bhodilee wrote:So you're saying it's your fault?

Geology humor, love it.

My wife usually points out my faults

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Geology humor, love it.

Ba da bum!

Glad you're all OK and so is your wine!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:You missed!!!

And Tag!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Ba da bum!

Glad you're all OK and so is your wine!

But it's ....

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

Wait ... this one ...

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Get a room you two!!! :arms crossed with a scowl:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

what a monday!! Some had earthquakes........glad you are ok!

I had a opossum in my house!! yup, it was alive... It is amazing I didn't get bitten! My feet were about an inch away before I figured out it was there! Still trying to figure out how it got into our house and how in the hell my 4 cats and 3 dogs didn't alert me to the intruder!!

Was swamped at work and see now there is a woot- off...... sigh oh and we have severe rain/weather..... and I had a migraine friday night -this morning!

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Get a room you two!!!

IFTFY

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:what a monday!! Some had earthquakes........glad you are ok!

I had a opossum in my house!! yup, it was alive... It is amazing I didn't get bitten! My feet were about an inch away before I figured out it was there! Still trying to figure out how it got into our house and how in the hell my 4 cats and 3 dogs didn't alert me to the intruder!!

Was swamped at work and see now there is a woot- off...... sigh oh and we have severe rain/weather..... and I had a migraine friday night -this morning!

Doggie door?

Glad you weren't bitten.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

How did you get the possum out? Or did you just adopt it? They are kind of cute in their own way.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Doggie door?

Glad you weren't bitten.

we are thinking it came in our bathroom window...which opens into our screened in porch. and there is a doggie door into the porch.. but the amazing thing is that NONE of our other animals let us know... the dogs bark at leaves blowing in our neighbors yard!

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:How did you get the possum out? Or did you just adopt it? They are kind of cute in their own way.

quoting Monty Python...the possum is no more, it ceases to exist

yes, they are cute, unless they are hissing at you... oh yeah, they really SMELL

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

iftfy

mommadeb1 wrote:we are thinking she came in through the bathroom window...

CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:we are thinking it came in our bathroom window...which opens into our screened in porch. and there is a doggie door into the porch.. but the amazing thing is that NONE of our other animals let us know... the dogs bark at leaves blowing in our neighbors yard!

I guess it was playing possum when they were looking.

MarkDaSpark

In other news, got a response to the bball nets/iPhone4 issue.

No record of shipping me the nets, so a whopping $3 credit, since they "don't have them anymore". Any bets they show up (bought off Sport) during the Woot-Off?

Oh, and a FedEx label to send back the iPhone4. Hah!

Edit: TT, I thins someone needs a head smacking over there ... I doubt they even followed up to see if the nets were shipped to the iPhone4 purchaser.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Yikes! How did an opossum get in your house? I know, you're still trying to figure that out. But, yikes! Glad you're alright!

Edit: I forgot to read ahead!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

That is too close!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
mommadeb1 wrote:we are thinking it came in our bathroom window...which opens into our screened in porch. and there is a doggie door into the porch.. but the amazing thing is that NONE of our other animals let us know... the dogs bark at leaves blowing in our neighbors yard!

I caught a possum once. With hands - not a trap. Yikes. those things are scary.

Edit: PS: don't try and catch them.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Oh come on...you had at least half a mile!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Geology humor, love it.

There was actual groaning.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

Plans for our Orlando adventure are finally coming together. Schedule looks as thus:

Sunday, Magic Kingdom
Monday, Universal Islands
Tuesday, Resort waterpark day
Wednesday, Epcot
Thursday, Animal Kingdom
Friday, stupid timeshare presentation blah, return to a Disney park in the evening, maybe.
Saturday, Downtown Disney/homeward bound

Tee hee

rjquillin

How does one person purchase one single woot of Colombard and leave 55% remaining?

CT

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:There was actual groaning.

quite sure you weren't alone.
does saké do that to you?

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Plans for our Orlando adventure are finally coming together. Schedule looks as thus:

Sunday, Magic Kingdom
Wednesday, Epcot
Thursday, Animal Kingdom
Friday, stupid timeshare presentation blah, return to a Disney park in the evening, maybe.

Tee hee

If you get time, check out the Titanic Exhibit on International Drive. Pretty cool.

Edit, and remember to go left (counterclockwise) in the parks. Everyone goes clockwise.

There's also a book you can buy called Hidden Mickeys that will help you find hidden ... uh, Mickeys throughout the parks. Fun while you're waiting in line.

There's also an app you can download that will give you line times.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:How does one person purchase one single woot of Colombard and leave 55% remaining?

It's because each offer is on a timer. So after a specific amount of time it will count down to zero. Otherwise we would be stuck on wine cases for days.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

TT: another one of these:

Wine Ordered 3/3
Wine Shipped 3/10
Wine Delivered 3/11
Wine Consumed (1 bottle) 3/13
Wine Shipment email Recieved 3/18

ummm.... Thanks for letting me know?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:If you get time, check out the Titanic Exhibit on International Drive. Pretty cool.

Edit, and remember to go left (counterclockwise) in the parks. Everyone goes clockwise.

There's also a book you can buy called Hidden Mickeys that will help you find hidden ... uh, Mickeys throughout the parks. Fun while you're waiting in line.

There's also an app you can download that will give you line times.

Yeah we got the Turn Left tip, and the app.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
cmaldoon wrote:TT: another one of these:

Wine Ordered 3/3
Wine Shipped 3/10
Wine Delivered 3/11
Wine Consumed (1 bottle) 3/13
Wine Shipment email Recieved 3/18

ummm.... Thanks for letting me know?

You opened one only 2 days after shipping? Really? shakes head....

Which one by the way?

My Fjellene was the same story. I find that it happens more often with out of state wineries.

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Plans for our Orlando adventure are finally coming together. Schedule looks as thus:

Sunday, Magic Kingdom
Wednesday, Epcot
Thursday, Animal Kingdom

Tee hee

we always start at the back of the park and work our way forward. We also don't wait more than 30 min in line. We go find something else then come back.