Proud to Serve Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$74.99 $169.00 56% off List Price
2007 Proud To Serve Cabernet Sauvgnon, Sonoma Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

2007 Sonoma cab @ $74.99 for a six pack???

ryancorlew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryancorlew

Exactly what percentage of proceeds go directly to helping vets? 1%? 10%? 80%? This subject hits close to home because I know several vets, including but not limited to my two younger brothers and brother-in-law, some of whom were severely injured in combat.

logicalmind84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicalmind84
ryancorlew wrote:Exactly what percentage of proceeds go directly to helping vets? 1%? 10%? 80%? This subject hits close to home because I know several vets, including but not limited to my two younger brothers and brother-in-law, some of whom were severely injured in combat.

As a veteran, I went and checked..

Why are there no volume discounts? Our goal is to provide quality wine at reasonable prices ensuring our ability to make at least a $2 per bottle donation to support Veterans. When we can increase the donation amount we will. We have chosen to sell and price our wines without the various discounts other wineries traditionally offer. Our prices are already discounted. For example our 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon was purchased from a friend's winery. They sell the wine for $36/bottle. We sell it for $25.99 so that we can reach a wider audience, sell more bottles, and generate more revenue for Veteran services.

From their website http://www.proudtoservewinery.com/scripts/cpg.cfm/5

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm a Vet, and I like Cab. need to check this out.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
bsevern wrote:2007 Sonoma cab @ $74.99 for a six pack???

That was my thought too! What's wrong with the wine. Is it infested with mega purple or did they find dead oak chips floating in it. What happened here?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Echoing fred and cortot, I'd sure like to know more about this as well, but the producers site is woefully inadequate with useful information on the ~wine~.

We've seen their '09 SB a couple times and CT notes, fwtw, are rather uninspiring. Can you do a CS and not an SB?

Hoping a knowledgeable rep from PTS can drop by and fill in the many blanks, as an '07 CS could and should be a tasty bottle.

CT

ckzinckzin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ckzinckzin

On our woot offers it is $1 per bottle. On regular wholesale it is $2 per bottle. Our primary benefactor is the Veterans Health Research Institute (NCIRE) in San Francisco. Thanks for your interest and we hope you enjoy the wine!

ryancorlew wrote:Exactly what percentage of proceeds go directly to helping vets? 1%? 10%? 80%? This subject hits close to home because I know several vets, including but not limited to my two younger brothers and brother-in-law, some of whom were severely injured in combat.

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

Again... why do we keep getting offers for multiple wines? If we want to taste and learn, smaller quantities makes so much more sense. I know I know... many of you "share", but that's just not so easy. If we want more, we could just buy more. Grrr.

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

ckzinckzin

I will do my best to answer your questions. I don't have a lot of the technical information on the wine but it won a bronze at the Sonoma County Fair two years ago and has been reviewed as "Silver Oak-esque".

rjquillin wrote:Echoing fred and cortot, I'd sure like to know more about this as well, but the producers site is woefully inadequate with useful information on the ~wine~.

We've seen their '09 SB a couple times and CT notes, fwtw, are rather uninspiring. Can you do a CS and not an SB?

Hoping a knowledgeable rep from PTS can drop by and fill in the many blanks, as an '07 CS could and should be a tasty bottle.

fredrinaldi

https://www.invino.com/wine/cabernet-sauvignon-proud-to-serve-sonoma-valley-2007/PSCS07.html#.UyXeX_ZkKwA

FYI 93 points?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-4-pack-of-2007-proud-to-serve-winery-cabernet-sauvignon

ckzinckzin

I hope this wine review helps put a few minds at ease about the quality of this wine. Note: because the Woot offer is so good we can only donate $1 per bottle from this event.

This was a surprise to the Tasting Panel! Due to the charitable aspect of this wine and $2 from every bottle is being donated to Veteran's Programs, we figured that we'd see what we could do to help. Having a nephew who's in Marine Special Forces, it's certainly important to me. The label is classic, WWII kitsch, in the style of the old Rosie the Riveter posters and very colorfully eye-catching. We went in with a level of expectation that was relatively low, but were we ever surprised!

The wine itself is surprisingly Silver Oak-esque. Big, rich and fruit-driven, there a good dose of that creamy, vanillin, American wood on the wine. Elements of plum, cherries and vanilla come wafting off the surface of the wine and lead you into a mouthful of plum, berries, chocolate and vanilla. It's very smooth, easy drinking and should be a real crowd pleaser. Why pay Silver Oak prices when you can get the same style for a lot less? Not to mention that some your money actually goes towards something good. Check it out! Maybe it'll make you want to stand up and salute those who have gone out to fight for all of us. -PM

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
ckzinckzin wrote:I will do my best to answer your questions. I don't have a lot of the technical information on the wine but it won a bronze at the Sonoma County Fair two years ago and has been reviewed as "Silver Oak-esque".

Thanks for dropping by.
Assuming this was a custom crush, can you tell us who the winemaker was, and hopefully where the grapes were sourced from?

CT

fredrinaldi

ckzinckzin wrote:I hope this wine review helps put a few minds at ease about the quality of this wine. Note: because the Woot offer is so good we can only donate $1 per bottle from this event.

This was a surprise to the Tasting Panel! Due to the charitable aspect of this wine and $2 from every bottle is being donated to Veteran's Programs, we figured that we'd see what we could do to help. Having a nephew who's in Marine Special Forces, it's certainly important to me. The label is classic, WWII kitsch, in the style of the old Rosie the Riveter posters and very colorfully eye-catching. We went in with a level of expectation that was relatively low, but were we ever surprised!

The wine itself is surprisingly Silver Oak-esque. Big, rich and fruit-driven, there a good dose of that creamy, vanillin, American wood on the wine. Elements of plum, cherries and vanilla come wafting off the surface of the wine and lead you into a mouthful of plum, berries, chocolate and vanilla. It's very smooth, easy drinking and should be a real crowd pleaser. Why pay Silver Oak prices when you can get the same style for a lot less? Not to mention that some your money actually goes towards something good. Check it out! Maybe it'll make you want to stand up and salute those who have gone out to fight for all of us. -PM

not a big vanilla fan, is it overpowering, or just a hint? this c/b a deal breaker for me.

dalematthew

quality posts: 23 Private Messages dalematthew

Seems to be no tasters out there - anyone from Woot crack a bottle and could provide some notes?

ckzinckzin

The wine maker was David Herzberg, at the time with Merriam, and the juice was sourced at a winery that sells the similar wine at $36/bottle.

rjquillin wrote:Thanks for dropping by.
Assuming this was a custom crush, can you tell us who the winemaker was, and hopefully where the grapes were sourced from?

ckzinckzin

Personally, I think just a hint of vanilla.

fredrinaldi wrote:not a big vanilla fan, is it overpowering, or just a hint? this c/b a deal breaker for me.

fredrinaldi

ckzinckzin wrote:Personally, I think just a hint of vanilla.

OK because I'm a Vet (& a Cab lover) I'm in

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi